Is She Saying That Black People DON'T Work?

Contessa_Sharra

Searcher for Accuracy
Apr 27, 2008

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-05-07-clintoninterview_N.htm

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

I don't think that is what she was trying to convey, however badly she spoke. I do find it annoying her elevation of this stupid notion that poorly educated white Americans are particularly hard-working or representative of America. Where does that leave heterogenous urban centers? Do people in cities not work hard? Are they not equally American?

If Obama made the claim that he had the black vote in his pocket, no one would care. Make your judgments fair, or don't make them at all.

If Obama made the claim that he had the black vote in his pocket, no one would care. Make your judgments fair, or don't make them at all.

That isn't what she is questioning. What she is questioning is the possible implications of the statement that white Americans are "hard-working" Americans. Personally, I don't think Clinton's intent was to make any implications about non-white Americans. Please at least try to understand the post before you respond to it.

That isn't what she is questioning. What she is questioning is the possible implications of the statement that white Americans are "hard-working" Americans. Personally, I don't think Clinton's intent was to make any implications about non-white Americans. Please at least try to understand the post before you respond to it.

I fully understood the post. The original poster was making racist claims against Clinton, I responded. Simple as that. You had already explained that, while poorly worded, Clinton was not implying anything of the nature the OP was suggesting. There was no reason for me to repost the same thing.

The original poster was making racist claims against Clinton, I responded. Simple as that.

Claims of racism, not racist claims. Your response did not bear any relation to her post. Perhaps you did understand properly and were just making irrelevant points. Forgive me.

It was by no means irrelevant. It dealt with the article she was questioning, it dealt with the claims she was making. The first irrelevant post was your own.

This kind of stuff isn't going to help Obama win the general.

Food for thought.

Originally Posted by Contessa_Sharra

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...nterview_N.htm

This kind of stuff isn't going to help Obama win the general.

Food for thought.

Problem is, each "escalation" gives emphasis and direction:

among "working" --- ok, because most of America does work.....

then "hard-working" --- ok, some do work harder than others....

but that either the "white Americans" are the "working Americans" or worse, that the "hard-working" are the white ones.......

took it over the line.......

And she crossed an ugly line.

And her words, and the insults are things that should never have happened!

That she threw in the crack about college educated........ sheesh, that was insulting too.....

A lot of those not college educated were working when her daddy was writing the checks for her Wellesley days and sorority fees!

This is what happens in the diverse politically correct world. Doesn't surprise me that the dems are haranging over demographics and biting their nails trying to appease one group or the other. It's laughable. It never bothered me once to go to the polls and vote for blacks, mexicans, chinese, whites or whatever race. As long as their principles are in line with my thinking.

never mind that it was a retarded statement to begin with.

but then argue it.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back