CDZ Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. $20 Bill?

One square inch on currency is too much for racists and bigots to ignore. Those who failed to learn the amazing story of Harriet Tubman will be humbled by her contributions to our collective history.

It is altogether fitting and proper that we honor her memory in this way.

With a sharpie drawn afro and mustache added. Just enough to piss people off and take the brand new bills out of circulation.
What's it like to be so bitter, so stupid and so consistently boorish? It must be exhausting to maintain the level of assholishness you do on a daily basis!

There are some on this board who are terribly and bitterly unhappy. This serves as an outlet for that unhappiness.

There are bald-faced liars....e.g., you....who are too cowardly to respond to this:

"Luckily for the Democrats there are easily led dolts like you, or they'd never be elected.

Bet you won't even try to find any errors in any of my posts.....
...will you."

And....you didn't.
You obviously cannot grasp a simple concept: people disagree. Disagreements seldom demonstrate that one party in the disagreement is right or wrong and disagreements hardly ever reveal a character flaw in one of the parties.

Yet you seem to believe that you are wholly right, never wrong and anyone who disagrees with your concept of self is not only wholly wrong but suffering from a flawed character.

How imperious! How conceited. How boorish.

There are two sides to every coin, two sides to every argument. Neither side is so unassailable as to be right with a capital "R".

Politics is elastic enough to accept two or more opinions. The art of politics is to take the best ideas from each side and craft a solution that, while not entirely pleases everyone, accommodates the principles of every participant.

I should not have to lay these simple concepts out for and adult. One would hope that life experience has taught this immutable lesson by now. But conceit and ego seems to prevent you from understanding what a child learns on a playground.

When I think of great women it's Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Victoria, Indira Ghandi, Golda Mier, even Margaret Thatcher. Tubby the Tuba isn't nearly in that class, if we must have a non white woman, it should be Lozen, Chief of the Apache, Her bravery was unmatched and her military strategy so superb they are studied in war colleges to this day.
If you are unaware of Harriet Tubman's accomplishments, you must be a poor student of history.

One square inch on currency is too much for racists and bigots to ignore. Those who failed to learn the amazing story of Harriet Tubman will be humbled by her contributions to our collective history.

With a sharpie drawn afro and mustache added. Just enough to piss people off and take the brand new bills out of circulation.
What's it like to be so bitter, so stupid and so consistently boorish? It must be exhausting to maintain the level of assholishness you do on a daily basis!

There are some on this board who are terribly and bitterly unhappy. This serves as an outlet for that unhappiness.

There are bald-faced liars....e.g., you....who are too cowardly to respond to this:

"Luckily for the Democrats there are easily led dolts like you, or they'd never be elected.

Bet you won't even try to find any errors in any of my posts.....
...will you."

And....you didn't.
You obviously cannot grasp a simple concept: people disagree. Disagreements seldom demonstrate that one party in the disagreement is right or wrong and disagreements hardly ever reveal a character flaw in one of the parties.

Yet you seem to believe that you are wholly right, never wrong and anyone who disagrees with your concept of self is not only wholly wrong but suffering from a flawed character.

How imperious! How conceited. How boorish.

There are two sides to every coin, two sides to every argument. Neither side is so unassailable as to be right with a capital "R".

Politics is elastic enough to accept two or more opinions. The art of politics is to take the best ideas from each side and craft a solution that, while not entirely pleases everyone, accommodates the principles of every participant.

I should not have to lay these simple concepts out for and adult. One would hope that life experience has taught this immutable lesson by now. But conceit and ego seems to prevent you from understanding what a child learns on a playground.

"Disagreeing" in the face of irrefutable facts....as I provided....is known as lying.

I never lie.

I despise those who do.

You can decide which of the two groups you belong to.

01269r.jpg

If only I had been a tranny.

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Another woman who is my hero is Corrie Tenboom from WW2. She Rocks..

Corrie ten Boom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes. And all these patriots forget that a woman actually created the American flag and a woman (Dolly Madison) saved the Declaration of Independence from burning during the War of 1812. It's the men in powdered pony tails that get all the glory, but women were there. Just not recognized.

Let me make something clear and that is I am not against honoring her or any woman that did so much with their life, but I just do not see why she need to be on the twenty dollar bill.

You can take the coin currency and do something with it to honor those like Rosa Parks, MLK and Harriet Tubman and you know what you would get people collecting those coins along with using them.

The Paper money should be for the dead Presidents and those like FDR, JFK and even Reagan should be honor for their time as President.

Hell I believe President Obama should be honor for being the first non-white ( He is mixed ) President and maybe the quarter or the dollar piece should be change to depict his winning the Presidency but that is how I feel.

When I think of great women it's Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Victoria, Indira Ghandi, Golda Mier, even Margaret Thatcher. Tubby the Tuba isn't nearly in that class, if we must have a non white woman, it should be Lozen, Chief of the Apache, Her bravery was unmatched and her military strategy so superb they are studied in war colleges to this day.
If you are unaware of Harriet Tubman's accomplishments, you must be a poor student of history.
I know exactly what she did. Her accomplishments were great for slaves. Not affecting much else. She was no leader.

So not let me ask you do you consider me to be some type of racist bigot?

Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

I am not a racist nor a sexist and could have seen someone like MLK or Susan B. Anthony replacing Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. twenty dollar bill but Harriet Tubman?

Hell how many of you even know the name Harriet Tubman and when I first read her name I thought of the underground railroad but would never consider her to be someone worthy of being on any form of currency.

Don't get me wrong what the woman did during her life should be honor but I feel putting her on the U.S. twenty dollar bill is a little too much for me, but what is your opinion?

Note:

I was originally going to post this in current events but instead put it here in the attempt to keep the discussion clean and free from the typical stuff you will see in other forums. So please remember this is in the clean debate zone and enjoy.

Just to answer with regard to myself one of your questions, I can recall learning about Tubman in fifth grade social studies class. Indeed, she, Frederick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, and Crispus Attucks are the only black folks from the 18th and 19th centuries whom I can recall having learned of at that young age.

So when I learned that Tubman will be honored on the twenty dollar bill, my thought was, "Okay. She was an important figure in abolitionist movement. That's fine." In contrast, I think of Andrew Jackson as our nation's first populist and "prick" President.**

I don't much care to get into debating the comparative merits of people's accomplishments beyond doing so in situations like job interviews. When it comes to folks who all were great contributors to "building a more perfect union," folks like suffragists, abolitionists, civil rights advocates, etc. I don't see the point of my own, as a lay person -- not someone tasked with choosing whose image to put on currency -- trying to rank such folks or caring how the folks who make those kinds of decisions do because my life is not at all changed by their choice(s).

As best as I can tell, many of them did some pretty courageous and astounding things. Tubman's deeds were quite incredible, especially considered in the context of her having been not only a woman but also a black woman, both characteristics that, for most folks of those ilks, grossly constrained their ability to contribute the full weight of their potential to the perfection of our Union.

Given the above, I think her appearing on the face of the twenty is neither "too much" nor "too little." Indeed, in this "electronic age," I can't even say how often I'll come by a $20 or currency of any sort. I just looked in my wallet and I do indeed have a few bills in there, but here's the thing, they've been there for two or three months. Were the Tubman twenty to come out tomorrow, I can't honestly say how long it'd be before I got hold of one of my own.

MLK:
Yes, I can see him being on a bill, and I'd be fine with him being on one. I think they wanted to memorialize a woman, however.

Susan B. Anthony:
She's already on a coin, albeit now discontinued.

Other people on U.S. currency:
  • Washington -- dollar and quarter -- Fine
  • Lincoln -- penny and fiver -- Fine
  • Hamilton -- ten -- Fine
  • Jackson -- $20 bill -- fine that he's been there, but I don't rue his upcoming departure
  • Grant -- $50 bill -- He's another person who's on a bill who I think could easily be replaced. In fact, I think he should be replaced.
  • Franklin -- $100 bill -- Fine
Other:
Along with the announcement of the Tubman twenty, the Treasury noted that Jackson will move to the back of that bill. I'm okay with that even though given my druthers I'd send him packing, so to speak.

**Note:
My issue with Jackson is not that he was a populist, but that, in what strikes me as typical of populist Presidents, the man alienated the folks who could have been beneficial to his Administration. As a result, he resorted to using crony appointments and patronage to fill the chairs of his cabinet and other top level government appointments. That's not uncommon today, but Jackson is the President who started that practice and made doing so, rather than putting professionals (or otherwise highly experienced and knowledgeable) -- professional diplomats in the top spots at State, professional economists in the top spots a Treasury, professional (ex) flag officers in the top spots at DOD, etc. -- in those key roles.

To get somewhat of a sense of what's wrong -- bad for the American people -- with patronage, consider Donald Rumsfeld's appointment to SecDef. The man served three years in the Navy and was later assigned as a reservist to an anti-submarine unit located on a river in D.C. He was a sufficiently competent administrative manager, but the man also had little to no deep understanding of military strategy and planning, thus making him a dreadful operational manager of the U.S. military. That, in and of itself, didn't have to be a shortcoming were he to have exhibited the humility of knowing that was a gap in his skill sets and deferred and acquiesced to the well informed (intellectually and experientially) recommendations of folks who are strong in that area, but he didn't. That he didn't is what made his presence at DoD suboptimal thus not the best use of the American taxpayers' money spent to pay his wages and supplemental costs of his "reign" at DoD.

trump-dollars.jpg

:booze::laugh:

:cuckoo: :cranky: :cuckoo:

America has just never produced a woman capable of the kind of acts that are worthy of being held national historical icons.
Nope. Not as seen through a man's filter, anyway. You a sell out, Tipsy?
Just a realist. We have never produced a woman capable of leadership. Maybe someday we will, just not so far.

Margaret Thatcher?

Joan of Ark?

Kidding, right?

Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

I am not a racist nor a sexist and could have seen someone like MLK or Susan B. Anthony replacing Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. twenty dollar bill but Harriet Tubman?

Hell how many of you even know the name Harriet Tubman and when I first read her name I thought of the underground railroad but would never consider her to be someone worthy of being on any form of currency.

Don't get me wrong what the woman did during her life should be honor but I feel putting her on the U.S. twenty dollar bill is a little too much for me, but what is your opinion?

Note:

I was originally going to post this in current events but instead put it here in the attempt to keep the discussion clean and free from the typical stuff you will see in other forums. So please remember this is in the clean debate zone and enjoy.

Just to answer with regard to myself one of your questions, I can recall learning about Tubman in fifth grade social studies class. Indeed, she, Frederick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, and Crispus Attucks are the only black folks from the 18th and 19th centuries whom I can recall having learned of at that young age.

So when I learned that Tubman will be honored on the twenty dollar bill, my thought was, "Okay. She was an important figure in abolitionist movement. That's fine." In contrast, I think of Andrew Jackson as our nation's first populist and "prick" President.**

I don't much care to get into debating the comparative merits of people's accomplishments beyond doing so in situations like job interviews. When it comes to folks who all were great contributors to "building a more perfect union," folks like suffragists, abolitionists, civil rights advocates, etc. I don't see the point of my own, as a lay person -- not someone tasked with choosing whose image to put on currency -- trying to rank such folks or caring how the folks who make those kinds of decisions do because my life is not at all changed by their choice(s).

As best as I can tell, many of them did some pretty courageous and astounding things. Tubman's deeds were quite incredible, especially considered in the context of her having been not only a woman but also a black woman, both characteristics that, for most folks of those ilks, grossly constrained their ability to contribute the full weight of their potential to the perfection of our Union.

Given the above, I think her appearing on the face of the twenty is neither "too much" nor "too little." Indeed, in this "electronic age," I can't even say how often I'll come by a $20 or currency of any sort. I just looked in my wallet and I do indeed have a few bills in there, but here's the thing, they've been there for two or three months. Were the Tubman twenty to come out tomorrow, I can't honestly say how long it'd be before I got hold of one of my own.

MLK:
Yes, I can see him being on a bill, and I'd be fine with him being on one. I think they wanted to memorialize a woman, however.

Susan B. Anthony:
She's already on a coin, albeit now discontinued.

Other people on U.S. currency:
  • Washington -- dollar and quarter -- Fine
  • Lincoln -- penny and fiver -- Fine
  • Hamilton -- ten -- Fine
  • Jackson -- $20 bill -- fine that he's been there, but I don't rue his upcoming departure
  • Grant -- $50 bill -- He's another person who's on a bill who I think could easily be replaced. In fact, I think he should be replaced.
  • Franklin -- $100 bill -- Fine
Other:
Along with the announcement of the Tubman twenty, the Treasury noted that Jackson will move to the back of that bill. I'm okay with that even though given my druthers I'd send him packing, so to speak.

**Note:
My issue with Jackson is not that he was a populist, but that, in what strikes me as typical of populist Presidents, the man alienated the folks who could have been beneficial to his Administration. As a result, he resorted to using crony appointments and patronage to fill the chairs of his cabinet and other top level government appointments. That's not uncommon today, but Jackson is the President who started that practice and made doing so, rather than putting professionals (or otherwise highly experienced and knowledgeable) -- professional diplomats in the top spots at State, professional economists in the top spots a Treasury, professional (ex) flag officers in the top spots at DOD, etc. -- in those key roles.

To get somewhat of a sense of what's wrong -- bad for the American people -- with patronage, consider Donald Rumsfeld's appointment to SecDef. The man served three years in the Navy and was later assigned as a reservist to an anti-submarine unit located on a river in D.C. He was a sufficiently competent administrative manager, but the man also had little to no deep understanding of military strategy and planning, thus making him a dreadful operational manager of the U.S. military. That, in and of itself, didn't have to be a shortcoming were he to have exhibited the humility of knowing that was a gap in his skill sets and deferred and acquiesced to the well informed (intellectually and experientially) recommendations of folks who are strong in that area, but he didn't. That he didn't is what made his presence at DoD suboptimal thus not the best use of the American taxpayers' money spent to pay his wages and supplemental costs of his "reign" at DoD.

trump-dollars.jpg

:booze::laugh:

:cuckoo: :cranky: :cuckoo:

I think that post is nothing other than the member expressing his/her sense of humor. I can't identify any purpose for it.

What, if any, are your objections to honoring Harriet Tubman? You may find the answers you seek.

What, if any, are your objections to honoring Harriet Tubman? You may find the answers you seek.

You did not answer my question coward!

At least answer the question but seeing you formed your question into accusing me of being a racist tell me the ignorant person you are.

My objection has to do with the fact she will be on the front of the bill while Jackson will be on the back.

If you knew anything about Jackson well then you would know this is a slap at him, the south and those that once supported slavery.

Those like you enjoy making asinine comments about those like me while not knowing anything about me.

You believe if I object to something it has to do with the race of the individual but that is far from it, but of course Progressive Liberals like you will argue just to argue.

Harriet Tubman could have been put on the one dollar coin, two dollar bill or even the quarter to honor her, but she was not because the twenty dollar bill is a very common form of currency used more times than not.

If you want to honor those like Harriet Tubman then you do not put her on the same currency of a known Racist Bigot like Jackson, and would be ashamed of even support such crazy ideas like that, but of course someone that is connected to President Obama says it is a good idea so why not, right?

In the end to honor those like Harriet Tubman is not to put her on the same bill of a man that genocide Native Americans and owned slaves himself but instead should have been put with someone like Lincoln instead seeing they share a common history with being from the civil war era.

Now I know this is too complex for you and you will write I am just being racist but that is ludicrous as can be but expect from Progressive Liberals that hate those that do not agree with their way of thinking!

01269r.jpg

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Yes. And all these patriots forget that a woman actually created the American flag and a woman (Dolly Madison) saved the Declaration of Independence from burning during the War of 1812. It's the men in powdered pony tails that get all the glory, but women were there. Just not recognized.

Let me make something clear and that is I am not against honoring her or any woman that did so much with their life, but I just do not see why she need to be on the twenty dollar bill.

You can take the coin currency and do something with it to honor those like Rosa Parks, MLK and Harriet Tubman and you know what you would get people collecting those coins along with using them.

The Paper money should be for the dead Presidents and those like FDR, JFK and even Reagan should be honor for their time as President.

Hell I believe President Obama should be honor for being the first non-white ( He is mixed ) President and maybe the quarter or the dollar piece should be change to depict his winning the Presidency but that is how I feel.

Well if Hillary doesn't make it as a president a woman president will happen in time and will be on the bill.

At least answer the question but seeing you formed your question into accusing me of being a racist tell me the ignorant person you are.

My objection has to do with the fact she will be on the front of the bill while Jackson will be on the back.

If you knew anything about Jackson well then you would know this is a slap at him, the south and those that once supported slavery.

Those like you enjoy making asinine comments about those like me while not knowing anything about me.

You believe if I object to something it has to do with the race of the individual but that is far from it, but of course Progressive Liberals like you will argue just to argue.

Harriet Tubman could have been put on the one dollar coin, two dollar bill or even the quarter to honor her, but she was not because the twenty dollar bill is a very common form of currency used more times than not.

If you want to honor those like Harriet Tubman then you do not put her on the same currency of a known Racist Bigot like Jackson, and would be ashamed of even support such crazy ideas like that, but of course someone that is connected to President Obama says it is a good idea so why not, right?

In the end to honor those like Harriet Tubman is not to put her on the same bill of a man that genocide Native Americans and owned slaves himself but instead should have been put with someone like Lincoln instead seeing they share a common history with being from the civil war era.

Now I know this is too complex for you and you will write I am just being racist but that is ludicrous as can be but expect from Progressive Liberals that hate those that do not agree with their way of thinking!

It clearly does sound like Obama did this as a slap in the face, I didn't realize Jackson was going to be on the back. Oh wow...
Obama be like
upload_2016-4-21_17-52-39.jpeg

Tubman will not share the ten with Jackson. The reverse side of the ten will feature other civil rights heroes and suffergettes.

Well, have you ever thought about the heavy irony of having Tubman on the front and Jackson relegated to the back...(of the bus)? If you really feel the problem is having her share the bill with him, I think it's symbolically quite a touche. Maybe there was too much objection to taking him off the bill entirely. Being a southerner and all; he must have done something right.

Tubman will not share the ten with Jackson. The reverse side of the ten will feature other civil rights heroes and suffergettes.

She's not on the ten according to the article and Hamilton is on the ten.

I swear to god you are either daft or just playing me as someone being daft because the entire thread is about her being on the twenty dollar bill and Andrew Jackson will most likely be on the reverse side of it.

You should read the article first before commenting on anything and then proclaiming if anyone is against this must be a racist because you have now made yourself look foolish as can be.

I highlighted what you wrote and you should correct yourself and educate yourself on the subject matter!

Well, have you ever thought about the heavy irony of having Tubman on the front and Jackson relegated to the back...(of the bus)? If you really feel the problem is having her share the bill with him, I think it's symbolically quite a touche. Maybe there was too much objection to taking him off the bill entirely. Being a southerner and all; he must have done something right.

The only thing Jackson was good at was being a General and leaving the country debt free when he left office but beside that he was a racist bigot and a real stain on American History for what he did to the Native American Population.

She should have been put on the five dollar with Lincoln seeing they share the same era and cause.

01269r.jpg

Well if Hillary doesn't make it as a president a woman president will happen in time and will be on the bill.

Either Hillary or Bernie will be President but for her face to be on the bill she will have to be dead first. ( Not a threat but reality of her being on the bill )

Forum List

Back