CDZ Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. $20 Bill?

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

I am not a racist nor a sexist and could have seen someone like MLK or Susan B. Anthony replacing Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. twenty dollar bill but Harriet Tubman?

Hell how many of you even know the name Harriet Tubman and when I first read her name I thought of the underground railroad but would never consider her to be someone worthy of being on any form of currency.

Don't get me wrong what the woman did during her life should be honor but I feel putting her on the U.S. twenty dollar bill is a little too much for me, but what is your opinion?

Note:

I was originally going to post this in current events but instead put it here in the attempt to keep the discussion clean and free from the typical stuff you will see in other forums. So please remember this is in the clean debate zone and enjoy.

She personifies the principles upon which the US was founded, as well as the rights guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Excellent choice.

• Banned
She personifies the principles upon which the US was founded, as well as the rights guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Excellent choice.

I disagree and believe someone like MLK is more worthy than her, but that is my feeling.

As a woman I actually find her life story to be so inspiring. I just read your Wiki , she was beaten badly as a slave child , that alone put many under submission. She rose above the torture and changed many slaves life's ..... Also as a woman I find her inspiring because of her movement in the woman's suffrage who changed the life's of all women today. I find that to be so brave, especially for a person that never knew anything better than that of a slave .
I do agree Martin Luther changed many good things, but he has a special day every year on the calendar.

As a woman I actually find her life story to be so inspiring. I just read your Wiki , she was beaten badly as a slave child , that alone put many under submission. She rose above the torture and changed many slaves life's ..... Also as a woman I find her inspiring because of her movement in the woman's suffrage who changed the life's of all women today. I find that to be so brave, especially for a person that never knew anything better than that of a slave .
I do agree Martin Luther changed many good things, but he has a special day every year on the calendar.

Right, MLK was not beaten enough to earn the right to be on the $20 bill.

She overcame the obstacles of being a slave, risked her life time after time working the Underground Railroad to free others, and became a Union spy and scout during the Civil War. If she weren't a 'she' and weren't black, Tubman represents all we admire in a human being: overcoming adversity, bravery, military service. Is she not "hero" enough because you hadn't heard of her? Maybe because she lived in upstate New York, where I am originally from, I have always known who she was.
A lot of the guys have been arguing for someone either white (Susan B. Anthony) or a male (MLK). Harriet Tubman fought for social change just as hard as they did, although maybe she wasn't as educated (you'll have to excuse that since she was a slave for her first 29 years).

Right, MLK was not beaten enough to earn the right to be on the $20 bill.
I think Eaglewings was pointing out that MLK already has been honored. And isn't he going to be on the $5?

01269r.jpg

If only I had been a tranny.

01269r.jpg

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Another woman who is my hero is Corrie Tenboom from WW2. She Rocks..

Corrie ten Boom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Excellent choice.
I agree....freed herself, fought for the freedom of others, military, women's suffrage.....and religious....and believed in arming herself. What is wrong with all that?
Her along with millions of others. Dimwit Dems just have to get used to the idea that the tubby will be doodle paper.

01269r.jpg

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Yes. And all these patriots forget that a woman actually created the American flag and a woman (Dolly Madison) saved the Declaration of Independence from burning during the War of 1812. It's the men in powdered pony tails that get all the glory, but women were there. Just not recognized.

01269r.jpg

Yes. And all these patriots forget that a woman actually created the American flag and a woman (Dolly Madison) saved the Declaration of Independence from burning during the War of 1812. It's the men in powdered pony tails that get all the glory, but women were there. Just not recognized.

I love history now, I hated it in the high school books.. Have you ever been to the east coast in the DC area? I love walking through history and actually seeing it.

That would be Harriet Tubman......Republican

01269r.jpg

I love history now, I hated it in the high school books.. Have you ever been to the east coast in the DC area? I love walking through history and actually seeing it.

I love DC, but have only been on quick working trips with not enough time to see all I'd like. It's a very expensive city to go to on vacation.

Since democrats have abandoned their traditional role in helping the working class, poor, and needy, to championing perversions, then maybe Christine Jorgensen might have been a better candidate for the $20 dollar bill.

01269r.jpg

I love DC, but have only been on quick working trips with not enough time to see all I'd like. It's a very expensive city to go to on vacation.

If you ever go back, don't go in the summer, it is horribly hot... How those women wore all of those garments in that humidity is beyond me. Of coarse they were fanned all day by their slaves.

Forum List

Back