CDZ Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. $20 Bill?

As a woman I actually find her life story to be so inspiring. I just read your Wiki , she was beaten badly as a slave child , that alone put many under submission. She rose above the torture and changed many slaves life's ..... Also as a woman I find her inspiring because of her movement in the woman's suffrage who changed the life's of all women today. I find that to be so brave, especially for a person that never knew anything better than that of a slave .
I do agree Martin Luther changed many good things, but he has a special day every year on the calendar.

That would be Harriet Tubman......Republican
Yes she was...and a Suffragette and a proud gun owner.
Everyone was a gun owner. There were no gun grabbers in those days.

01269r.jpg

If only I had been a tranny.

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Another woman who is my hero is Corrie Tenboom from WW2. She Rocks..

Corrie ten Boom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I just want to thank you for playing the lemming PC game. The mere fact that we are having this discussion of "who is more important" is testament of the stupidity of the human race.

I am sure that you come from a long line of men who think they are better than women..

The reason that women are considered to be less than men is because men are physically more powerful and aggressive due to hormone levels. Human beings value power because historically those who are more powerful are more likely to acquire wealth and natural resources, etc. Now if you think that is what makes you "better" then so be it, but I don't.

And your right, the animal kingdom shows the strong male protecting the female with newborn babies..

I am not sure how old you are but I grew up in a time where the woman's place was in the home, only supporting her husband, raising kids, and cleaning toilets.

I guess I love women like the OP who have been able to manipulate the system and change things for the better when the odds were against them..

BTW: I learned how to work with fire at the restaurants when this was popular in the early 1980's

The Marriott told me that a woman would never work in their all male ultra expensive restaurant in the then booming Hi-Tech of Silicon Valley/

I fought them and they had to put me in there..They tried to break me down, but I just worked harder and cried in the freezer..lol

A man came in as a customer and was having a heart attack, I gave him CPR and received the presidential award , I was then excepted as the first woman to work in the All Male environment while putting myself through school making big bucks.

My situation is on a very small scale compared to the OP..

As a woman I actually find her life story to be so inspiring. I just read your Wiki , she was beaten badly as a slave child , that alone put many under submission. She rose above the torture and changed many slaves life's ..... Also as a woman I find her inspiring because of her movement in the woman's suffrage who changed the life's of all women today. I find that to be so brave, especially for a person that never knew anything better than that of a slave .
I do agree Martin Luther changed many good things, but he has a special day every year on the calendar.

Yes she was...and a Suffragette and a proud gun owner.
Everyone was a gun owner. There were no gun grabbers in those days.

And just about every Democrat was a Jim Crow/KKK- slavery-second class citizenship and segregationist racist.

And pretty much remain so to this day.....which is what explains both their constant babbling about non-existent racism.....

......and why the most popular former Democrat official is and has always been a racist.
I speak of none other than Bill 'the rapist' Clinton.

01269r.jpg

Votto thinks only men should be honored .... Votto forgets that women were less than any man, and as a slave black woman she was considered less important than the chickens. She is a hero as far as I am concerned.

And I just want to thank you for playing the lemming PC game. The mere fact that we are having this discussion of "who is more important" is testament of the stupidity of the human race.

I am sure that you come from a long line of men who think they are better than women..

The reason that women are considered to be less than men is because men are physically more powerful and aggressive due to hormone levels. Human beings value power because historically those who are more powerful are more likely to acquire wealth and natural resources, etc. Now if you think that is what makes you "better" then so be it, but I don't.

And your right, the animal kingdom shows the strong male protecting the female with newborn babies..

I am not sure how old you are but I grew up in a time where the woman's place was in the home, only supporting her husband, raising kids, and cleaning toilets.

I guess I love women like the OP who have been able to manipulate the system and change things for the better when the odds were against them..

BTW: I learned how to work with fire at the restaurants when this was popular in the early 1980's

The Marriott told me that a woman would never work in their all male ultra expensive restaurant in the then booming Hi-Tech of Silicon Valley/

I fought them and they had to put me in there..They tried to break me down, but I just worked harder and cried in the freezer..lol

A man came in as a customer and was having a heart attack, I gave him CPR and received the presidential award , I was then excepted as the first woman to work in the All Male environment while putting myself through school making big bucks.

You prove the point. Many people rise against adversity. They aren't worthy of recognition on a national scale.

Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

I am not a racist nor a sexist and could have seen someone like MLK or Susan B. Anthony replacing Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. twenty dollar bill but Harriet Tubman?

Hell how many of you even know the name Harriet Tubman and when I first read her name I thought of the underground railroad but would never consider her to be someone worthy of being on any form of currency.

Don't get me wrong what the woman did during her life should be honor but I feel putting her on the U.S. twenty dollar bill is a little too much for me, but what is your opinion?

Note:

I was originally going to post this in current events but instead put it here in the attempt to keep the discussion clean and free from the typical stuff you will see in other forums. So please remember this is in the clean debate zone and enjoy.

Just to answer with regard to myself one of your questions, I can recall learning about Tubman in fifth grade social studies class. Indeed, she, Frederick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, and Crispus Attucks are the only black folks from the 18th and 19th centuries whom I can recall having learned of at that young age.

So when I learned that Tubman will be honored on the twenty dollar bill, my thought was, "Okay. She was an important figure in abolitionist movement. That's fine." In contrast, I think of Andrew Jackson as our nation's first populist and "prick" President.**

I don't much care to get into debating the comparative merits of people's accomplishments beyond doing so in situations like job interviews. When it comes to folks who all were great contributors to "building a more perfect union," folks like suffragists, abolitionists, civil rights advocates, etc. I don't see the point of my own, as a lay person -- not someone tasked with choosing whose image to put on currency -- trying to rank such folks or caring how the folks who make those kinds of decisions do because my life is not at all changed by their choice(s).

As best as I can tell, many of them did some pretty courageous and astounding things. Tubman's deeds were quite incredible, especially considered in the context of her having been not only a woman but also a black woman, both characteristics that, for most folks of those ilks, grossly constrained their ability to contribute the full weight of their potential to the perfection of our Union.

Given the above, I think her appearing on the face of the twenty is neither "too much" nor "too little." Indeed, in this "electronic age," I can't even say how often I'll come by a $20 or currency of any sort. I just looked in my wallet and I do indeed have a few bills in there, but here's the thing, they've been there for two or three months. Were the Tubman twenty to come out tomorrow, I can't honestly say how long it'd be before I got hold of one of my own.

MLK:
Yes, I can see him being on a bill, and I'd be fine with him being on one. I think they wanted to memorialize a woman, however.

Susan B. Anthony:
She's already on a coin, albeit now discontinued.

Other people on U.S. currency:
  • Washington -- dollar and quarter -- Fine
  • Lincoln -- penny and fiver -- Fine
  • Hamilton -- ten -- Fine
  • Jackson -- $20 bill -- fine that he's been there, but I don't rue his upcoming departure
  • Grant -- $50 bill -- He's another person who's on a bill who I think could easily be replaced. In fact, I think he should be replaced.
  • Franklin -- $100 bill -- Fine
Other:
Along with the announcement of the Tubman twenty, the Treasury noted that Jackson will move to the back of that bill. I'm okay with that even though given my druthers I'd send him packing, so to speak.

**Note:
My issue with Jackson is not that he was a populist, but that, in what strikes me as typical of populist Presidents, the man alienated the folks who could have been beneficial to his Administration. As a result, he resorted to using crony appointments and patronage to fill the chairs of his cabinet and other top level government appointments. That's not uncommon today, but Jackson is the President who started that practice and made doing so, rather than putting professionals (or otherwise highly experienced and knowledgeable) -- professional diplomats in the top spots at State, professional economists in the top spots a Treasury, professional (ex) flag officers in the top spots at DOD, etc. -- in those key roles.

To get somewhat of a sense of what's wrong -- bad for the American people -- with patronage, consider Donald Rumsfeld's appointment to SecDef. The man served three years in the Navy and was later assigned as a reservist to an anti-submarine unit located on a river in D.C. He was a sufficiently competent administrative manager, but the man also had little to no deep understanding of military strategy and planning, thus making him a dreadful operational manager of the U.S. military. That, in and of itself, didn't have to be a shortcoming were he to have exhibited the humility of knowing that was a gap in his skill sets and deferred and acquiesced to the well informed (intellectually and experientially) recommendations of folks who are strong in that area, but he didn't. That he didn't is what made his presence at DoD suboptimal thus not the best use of the American taxpayers' money spent to pay his wages and supplemental costs of his "reign" at DoD.

Harriet Tubman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-slavery activist Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

I am not a racist nor a sexist and could have seen someone like MLK or Susan B. Anthony replacing Andrew Jackson face on the U.S. twenty dollar bill but Harriet Tubman?

Hell how many of you even know the name Harriet Tubman and when I first read her name I thought of the underground railroad but would never consider her to be someone worthy of being on any form of currency.

Don't get me wrong what the woman did during her life should be honor but I feel putting her on the U.S. twenty dollar bill is a little too much for me, but what is your opinion?

Note:

I was originally going to post this in current events but instead put it here in the attempt to keep the discussion clean and free from the typical stuff you will see in other forums. So please remember this is in the clean debate zone and enjoy.

Just to answer with regard to myself one of your questions, I can recall learning about Tubman in fifth grade social studies class. Indeed, she, Frederick Douglas, Sojourner Truth, and Crispus Attucks are the only black folks from the 18th and 19th centuries whom I can recall having learned of at that young age.

So when I learned that Tubman will be honored on the twenty dollar bill, my thought was, "Okay. She was an important figure in abolitionist movement. That's fine." In contrast, I think of Andrew Jackson as our nation's first populist and "prick" President.**

I don't much care to get into debating the comparative merits of people's accomplishments beyond doing so in situations like job interviews. When it comes to folks who all were great contributors to "building a more perfect union," folks like suffragists, abolitionists, civil rights advocates, etc. I don't see the point of my own, as a lay person -- not someone tasked with choosing whose image to put on currency -- trying to rank such folks or caring how the folks who make those kinds of decisions do because my life is not at all changed by their choice(s).

As best as I can tell, many of them did some pretty courageous and astounding things. Tubman's deeds were quite incredible, especially considered in the context of her having been not only a woman but also a black woman, both characteristics that, for most folks of those ilks, grossly constrained their ability to contribute the full weight of their potential to the perfection of our Union.

Given the above, I think her appearing on the face of the twenty is neither "too much" nor "too little." Indeed, in this "electronic age," I can't even say how often I'll come by a $20 or currency of any sort. I just looked in my wallet and I do indeed have a few bills in there, but here's the thing, they've been there for two or three months. Were the Tubman twenty to come out tomorrow, I can't honestly say how long it'd be before I got hold of one of my own.

MLK:
Yes, I can see him being on a bill, and I'd be fine with him being on one. I think they wanted to memorialize a woman, however.

Susan B. Anthony:
She's already on a coin, albeit now discontinued.

Other people on U.S. currency:
  • Washington -- dollar and quarter -- Fine
  • Lincoln -- penny and fiver -- Fine
  • Hamilton -- ten -- Fine
  • Jackson -- $20 bill -- fine that he's been there, but I don't rue his upcoming departure
  • Grant -- $50 bill -- He's another person who's on a bill who I think could easily be replaced. In fact, I think he should be replaced.
  • Franklin -- $100 bill -- Fine
Other:
Along with the announcement of the Tubman twenty, the Treasury noted that Jackson will move to the back of that bill. I'm okay with that even though given my druthers I'd send him packing, so to speak.

**Note:
My issue with Jackson is not that he was a populist, but that, in what strikes me as typical of populist Presidents, the man alienated the folks who could have been beneficial to his Administration. As a result, he resorted to using crony appointments and patronage to fill the chairs of his cabinet and other top level government appointments. That's not uncommon today, but Jackson is the President who started that practice and made doing so, rather than putting professionals (or otherwise highly experienced and knowledgeable) -- professional diplomats in the top spots at State, professional economists in the top spots a Treasury, professional (ex) flag officers in the top spots at DOD, etc. -- in those key roles.

To get somewhat of a sense of what's wrong -- bad for the American people -- with patronage, consider Donald Rumsfeld's appointment to SecDef. The man served three years in the Navy and was later assigned as a reservist to an anti-submarine unit located on a river in D.C. He was a sufficiently competent administrative manager, but the man also had little to no deep understanding of military strategy and planning, thus making him a dreadful operational manager of the U.S. military. That, in and of itself, didn't have to be a shortcoming were he to have exhibited the humility of knowing that was a gap in his skill sets and deferred and acquiesced to the well informed (intellectually and experientially) recommendations of folks who are strong in that area, but he didn't. That he didn't is what made his presence at DoD suboptimal thus not the best use of the American taxpayers' money spent to pay his wages and supplemental costs of his "reign" at DoD.

trump-dollars.jpg

:booze::laugh:

01269r.jpg

As you point out, human conception is very Darwinian when assigning value to human beings. People worship such things as ignorant Hollywood stars, simply because of the large amount of money they make and the fame they have. However, I'm not a secular humanist who assigns value based upon the Darwinian code of survival of the fittest. We are more than animals, we are made in God's image. This is a God that has both female and male qualities, however, mankind only seems to reserve value for the male power attributes of God. Withhold love from a newborn and they will die even if you feed them and give them adequate shelter etc. Without love, none of us would be here.

Thank you for pointing out that at one time, the R party was truly the party of the people, of the commoner.

Now, of course, they're the party of the 1% and of racism and misogyny.

Just read the posts on this board and/or listen to the R politicians to see how true that is.

One square inch on currency is too much for racists and bigots to ignore. Those who failed to learn the amazing story of Harriet Tubman will be humbled by her contributions to our collective history.

It is altogether fitting and proper that we honor her memory in this way.

With a sharpie drawn afro and mustache added. Just enough to piss people off and take the brand new bills out of circulation.
What's it like to be so bitter, so stupid and so consistently boorish? It must be exhausting to maintain the level of assholishness you do on a daily basis!

Thank you for pointing out that at one time, the R party was truly the party of the people, of the commoner.

Now, of course, they're the party of the 1% and of racism and misogyny.

Just read the posts on this board and/or listen to the R politicians to see how true that is.

Thank you for providing the DNC talking points......none of which are true.
Not a one.

1. The party of the rich is the Democrat Party....
  1. As of 2009, the financial assets of the 115 major tax-exempt foundations of the Left add up to $104.56 billlion. Not only is this total not less than the financial assets of the 75 foundations of the Right, it was more than ten times greater! [p. 8]
    1. Bradley, Olin, Scaife, the “Big Three” conservative foundations, not one has assets exceeding $1 billion. (Olin has been defunct since 2005).
i. Scaife Foundation has assets totaling $244 million.

ii. Bradley Foundation, $623 million.

1. Fourteen progressive foundations do, including Gates, Ford, Robert Wood Johnson, Hewlett, Kellogg, Packard, MacArthur, Mellon, Rockefeller, Casey, Carnegie, Simons, Heinz, and the Open Society Institute.
i. Ford alone has 16 times what Bradley has.

ii. Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to his Open Society organizations.

iii. The leading Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, $33 billion.

1. With over $100 billion in tax-exempt assets at their disposal, left-wing foundations have been able to invest massively greater amounts in their beneficiary groups. Ford gave more in one year than Scaife in 40!
    1. “By compiling a computerized record of nearly all his contributions over the last four decades, The Washington Post found that Scaife and his family's charitable entities have given at least $340 million to conservative causes and institutions…The Ford Foundation gave away $491 million in 1998 alone.” Washingtonpost.com: Scaife: Funding Father of the Right

Even more details in
“The New Leviathan,” David Horowitz and Jacob Laksin

As you point out, human conception is very Darwinian when assigning value to human beings. People worship such things as ignorant Hollywood stars, simply because of the large amount of money they make and the fame they have. However, I'm not a secular humanist who assigns value based upon the Darwinian code of survival of the fittest. We are more than animals, we are made in God's image. This is a God that has both female and male qualities, however, mankind only seems to reserve value for the male power attributes of God. Withhold love from a newborn and they will die even if you feed them and give them adequate shelter etc. Without love, none of us would be here.

Just because a woman was create from a mans rib, the men think their soooo special...lol

upload_2016-4-21_12-34-13.jpeg

One square inch on currency is too much for racists and bigots to ignore. Those who failed to learn the amazing story of Harriet Tubman will be humbled by her contributions to our collective history.

With a sharpie drawn afro and mustache added. Just enough to piss people off and take the brand new bills out of circulation.
What's it like to be so bitter, so stupid and so consistently boorish? It must be exhausting to maintain the level of assholishness you do on a daily basis!

There are some on this board who are terribly and bitterly unhappy. This serves as an outlet for that unhappiness.

America has just never produced a woman capable of the kind of acts that are worthy of being held national historical icons.
Nope. Not as seen through a man's filter, anyway. You a sell out, Tipsy?
Just a realist. We have never produced a woman capable of leadership. Maybe someday we will, just not so far.

Speak for yourself.

Seriously.

Your life experience is apparently not typical. Not every woman is like you or like the women you know.

When I think of great women it's Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Victoria, Indira Ghandi, Golda Mier, even Margaret Thatcher. Tubby the Tuba isn't nearly in that class, if we must have a non white woman, it should be Lozen, Chief of the Apache, Her bravery was unmatched and her military strategy so superb they are studied in war colleges to this day.

There are some on this board who are terribly and bitterly unhappy. This serves as an outlet for that unhappiness.

There are bald-faced liars....e.g., you....who are too cowardly to respond to this:

"Luckily for the Democrats there are easily led dolts like you, or they'd never be elected.

Bet you won't even try to find any errors in any of my posts.....
...will you."

And....you didn't.

You're right.

I have never read one of your posts in its entirety. Nor have I ever read one of your long responses. No reason for me to start now.

Last edited:
When I think of great women it's Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Victoria, Indira Ghandi, Golda Mier, even Margaret Thatcher. Tubby the Tuba isn't nearly in that class, if we must have a non white woman, it should be Lozen, Chief of the Apache, Her bravery was unmatched and her military strategy so superb they are studied in war colleges to this day.

IOW - a leader.

See?

We might not have the culture necessary to produce a great female leader. We keep them mired in abortion rights and potty politics.

Forum List

Back