Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

News flash! Santa Anna WON at he Alamo, folks!

roflmao
The Mexicans lost the Alamo before they retook it under Santa Ana....and then they lost it again.
Happy Cinco de Mayo...thanks for Texas, Mexico.
I don't think they must have had a very good army. It seems like our wars with them always took about two days and they mostly always lost.

roflmao
The Mexicans lost the Alamo before they retook it under Santa Ana....and then they lost it again.
I don't think they must have had a very good army. It seems like our wars with them always took about two days and they mostly always lost.

I don't believe the Mexican army captured the Alamo. That would require work and no government freebies to go along with it.

No, I think it was Mexican drug cartels.

Anyone remember Like Water for Chocolate? Great book, great movie.

roflmao

I don't believe the Mexican army captured the Alamo. That would require work and no government freebies to go along with it.

So the Mexican drug cartels are hard working and don't ask for bennies, huh? So they can stay?

General Winfield Scott took an army of 12,000, went by sea down the coast, landed at Vera Cruz, took that city despite being highly outnumbered. He went on to Cerro Gordo and was victorious again despite being outnumbered.
He did the same at Contreros and Chururbusco. Same with Chapultepec Castle.
(Robert E. Lee was one of Scott's officers)

He went on to Mexico City, took that (though of course out numbered) and forced Mexico's surrender.and the Duke of Wellington declared him the greatest living general.
Mexico, dirt poor due to poor leadership sold off much of Northern Mexico to the Yanquis in the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo which reconquista types still whine about as a raw deal.

Last edited:
General Winfield Scott took an army of 12,000, went by sea down the coast, landed at Vera Cruz, took that city despite being highly outnumbered, went to Cerro Gordo and was victorious again despite being outnumbered.
He did the same at Contreros and Chururbusco. Same with Chapultepec Castle.

He went on to Mexico City, took that (though of course out numbered) and forced Mexico's surrender.and the Duke of Wellington declared him the greatest living general.
Mexico, dirt poor due to poor leadership sold off much of Northern Mexico to the Yanquis in the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo which reconquista types still whine about as a raw deal.
"Old Fuss and Feathers"
220px-Winfield_Scott_by_Fredricks%2C_1862.jpg

I wonder why we gave Mexico back?

roflmao

So the Mexican drug cartels are hard working and don't ask for bennies, huh? So they can stay?

Sure, they are all from Columbia

Real go getters. Must be all that good coffee

Last edited:
Let's all celebrate Mexico's victory over France in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. .
Or, celebrate a good reason for a Tequila Sunrise with brunch.
Hug a Mexican today.

beautiful-vector-illustration-design-mexican-450w-1050425231.jpg

If this country ever needed Cinco de Mayo, it is now, with all those crazies including our President imagining an invasion at our border. Peace, brutha. Or, peace, hermano.

View attachment 259461
Cico De Mayo is largely celebrated in the US, not Mexico. The day gained nationwide popularity in the US in the 1980s thanks to Texas distributors of Corona. Today, Cinco de Mayo generates beer sales on par with the Super Bowl. In Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is a commemoration of the battle, mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades or battle reenactments. The nationwide drinking fest in the US never made it down to Mexico although in tourist areas you see it advertised in some bars

Let's all celebrate Mexico's victory over France in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. .
Hug a Mexican today.

If this country ever needed Cinco de Mayo, it is now, with all those crazies including our President imagining an invasion at our border. Peace, brutha. Or, peace, hermano.

View attachment 259461
Cico De Mayo is largely celebrated in the US, not Mexico. The day gained nationwide popularity in the US in the 1980s thanks to Texas distributors of Corona. Today, Cinco de Mayo generates beer sales on par with the Super Bowl. In Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is a commemoration of the battle, mostly ceremonial, such as through military parades or battle reenactments. The nationwide drinking fest in the US never made it down to Mexico although in tourist areas you see it advertised in some bars
I realize that -- (well the Corona thing was new--thanks) -- but I thought it might be nice to celebrate our southern neighbor on this one day at least.
How'd I do?

618npmqoOsL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This was a really good book, too. A little on the strange side, but I really enjoyed it.

Hug a Mexican today.

View attachment 259461
What I can't wait to see, and the sooner the better, is white nationalist Trumpanzees out in the fields picking fruits & vegetables. Can you imagine a lazy Trumpster picking avocados? It's hard work, and I bet the average Trumpanzee wouldn't last a day.

One of the best foods in all the world: Mole (molay, not the blind rodent)

upload_2019-5-5_16-30-41.png

Okay, so it doesn't look so great, but wait 'til all those flavors explode in your mouth kinda all together. It's awesome.

Hug a Mexican today.

View attachment 259461
What I can't wait to see, and the sooner the better, is white nationalist Trumpanzees out in the fields picking fruits & vegetables. Can you imagine a lazy Trumpster picking avocados? It's hard work, and I bet the average Trumpanzee wouldn't last a day.
I couldn't do it, either--even back in my 30's. I tried picking strawberries--did it one day, earned $15 and was so sore I literally screamed when I tried getting out of bed the next day.

Raking wild blueberries is equally tortuous. So no, I can't imagine many people doing it, although the folks around here who grew up doing it can rake blueberries just dandy. Maybe you have to grow up doing it. That's what I've always thought.

roflmao
No, the Mexican American War, the only one I am aware of, lasted over two years, not two day. There were half dozen major battles. The US death toll was 13,283, twice that of the revolutionary war. Mexican losses are not really know but could be as much as 25,000.

roflmao
No, the Mexican American War, the only one I am aware of, lasted over two years, not two day. There were half dozen major battles. The US death toll was 13,283, twice that of the revolutionary war. Mexican losses are not really know but could be as much as 25,000.
Oh dear.

One of the best foods in all the world: Mole (molay, not the blind rodent)

View attachment 259547

Okay, so it doesn't look so great, but wait 'til all those flavors explode in your mouth kinda all together. It's awesome.
That makes my mouth water. There're a number of different types of Mole and they taste quite a bit different. Some can be incredible hot other are more sweet than hot.

Forum List

Back