Americans Should NOT Celebrate Cinco de Mayo

REAL Americans only celebrate Columbus Day and St. Patrick's Day.

The hate and racism of the OP of this thread is self evident.
You call opposition to 70 years of Mexican Imperialism "hate and racism" ? That only shows YOUR detachment from REALITY.

Well, I live down here next to the border on land that we took from Mexico, and sometimes the paper is late being delivered down here, so I guess I am not up to date on Mexican Imperialism. Besides, my attention has been distracted over what is going on to our soldiers occupying Middle East Countries.

I would go to a place down here and celebrate with a margarita, but I don't like tequila. Maybe the Latinos will not notice that I am celebrating with Gentleman Jack.

But why do you think we are American's............... We celebrate all the Nationalities that people from all walks of life enjoy. It's not making one group more special than the other.

The liberal Universities are teaching this bs, Of Verbal attacks on languages and how it's insulting to celebrate other ethnic groups culture.

Things like this are part of American's celebrating how everyone is welcomed here.
NO, everyone is NOT welcomed here. That's why our ancestors set up our immigration laws to protect us from exactly the type of Mexican imperialism we've been attacked by. That's OK. You can go back to your soap opera now.

NATION - a community of people with a territory, economic system, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.

But why do you think we are American's............... We celebrate all the Nationalities that people from all walks of life enjoy. It's not making one group more special than the other.

The liberal Universities are teaching this bs, Of Verbal attacks on languages and how it's insulting to celebrate other ethnic groups culture.

Things like this are part of American's celebrating how everyone is welcomed here.
NO, everyone is NOT welcomed here. That's why our ancestors set up our immigration laws to protect us from exactly the type of Mexican imperialism we've been attacked by. That's OK. You can go back to your soap opera now.

NATION - a community of people with a territory, economic system, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE.

Sadly most liberals who don't get the control game live the soap opera.

The unjustified war against Mexico in which so much of their territory was looted is an embarrassment in American history. General/President Grant was among the leaders of his age to acknowledge such.
The last 70 years of Mexican imperialism colonizing the USA, and robbing us of hundreds of Billions$$ is more than enough to justify the Mexican War, and a whole new one right now. Polk was right.
They just want their country back!

e7c2bf15bb5e008e799c171e9b5862d8.gif

d845c2edb7493927eee9c97a486cbaeab1f1c0521e4f2386f23682dc7e091ea8_1.jpg

When I told this to the folks at ABC News, who did a big segment about Cinco de Mayo this morning, they said “Why not ?” Well, because Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday, and Mexico is a country that has been invading and colonizing the US, for 70 years, that’s why not.

Currently, Mexican imperialism is pillaging $24.3 Billion/year out of the US economy in remittances$$$, and re-inserting that money into THEIR economy. This is like your next-door neighbor burglarizing your house, every day for 70 years. The only US presidents to ever really take action it was Eisenhower in 1954 (Operation Wetback), and Trump, this year.

And the remittances are only part of it. Tens of Billions more is being drained for US tax treasuries, by the Mexicans by the anchor baby racket, and false documentation. And Mexico acts like parasiting the US is their God-given right. A few years ago, then Mexican president Felipe Calderon came to Washington DC and scolded the US Congress for not stopping Arizona from taking action against the invasion/plunder. Some years before that, another ex-Mexican president Vicente Fox, gloated and bragged about US remittances being Mexico’s #1 source of income.

Now, the current Mexican president, says Mexico won’t pay for the border wall. Well, of course they will, but their arrogance and disrespect for America is overwhelming. Not only should these international pirates pay for the wall, they should pay for much more than that. They should pay for all the Americans who have been killed by the illegal aliens thy sent here. The should pay for the cost of incarcerating Mexican criminals, deportation proceedings, schooling of Mexican kids, hospital costs, remittance and welfare re-imbursement, job losses, diseases brought here by Mexican illegal aliens, etc, etc.

In 1848, after the US-Mexican War, when the US got half of Mexico’s territory, then US president James K Polk, was outraged. He said we should have gotten ALL of Mexico, and taken full control over the country. No truer words were ever spoken by a US president.
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican-American holiday just like St. Patrick's Day is an Irish-American holiday and Columbus Day is an Italian-American holiday.

What makes it the most jacked up is We can't celebrate USING OUR OWN DAM FLAG , so on the flip side we have all these other cultures celebrating their BS, but we are having ours stripped from US. The 4th of July won't be far behind as some libtard reject will claim it hurst the feelings of those who weren't born here.

So i'm not as much in a soap opera as you think......

Only border cities and resorts where Americans go recognize Cinco de Mayo. Mexicans don't celebrate it. I had a pathetic Mexican art teacher that was arguing with me that Cinco de Mayo was an American holiday and had nothing to do with Mexico at all.

Cinco de Mayo is a drinking day, like St. Patrick's day. Who knows how it even got started. It commemorates a small fight in a war that Mexico lost. That's not much of a reason to celebrate.

Incorrect. The Franco-Mexican War was won by Mexico.
Eventually...tho, Cinco de Mayo celebrates the Battle of Puebla which the Mexicans DID win.

I am for Americans adding new holidays to the calendar. We need more celebrations in our lives, not less.
Sure. But that doesn't mean we should celebrate a country that has been ROBBING us for 70 years.

Vicente%20Fox-797314.0.jpg

So...what IS our "distinctive language and culture"? We borrow almost half of our words from Latin, the other almost-half from Old German...a smattering of French, Spanish, Native American, Chinese, Japanese, etc makes up the rest.
Our culture is a hodge podge of cultural traditions from all other countries, brought here by IMMIGRANTS.

Last edited:
So...what IS our "distinctive language and culture"? We borrow almost half of our words from Latin, the other almost-half from Old German...a smattering of French, Spanish, Native American, Chinese, Japanese, etc makes up the rest.
Our culture is a hodge podge of cultural traditions from all other countries, brought here by IMMIGRANTS.
You apparently are a victim of the US MISeducation system. Here;s your re-education about AMERICAN culture. >>
Liberals have no sense of American culture. Total ignorance. Ever hear of Rock n Roll ? (AKA Rock music) the Blues? Bluegrass Music ? Jazz ?

Poets > Walt Whitman, Robert Frost, Bob Dylan, Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Longfellow, Ezra Pound, TS Eliot, Carl Sandberg, WH Auden, Langston Hughes. etc.

Then there's graphic arts, filmmaking-movies, TV shows, etc etc.

And there is the American English language.

And let's not forget about our US history. The wars we fought. The soldiers who died. And of course our US CONSTITUTION.

You must be afraid they're winning. It's about time Texicans went back to using their native language, Spanish.
Not afraid. DISGUSTED. But that will end now. We've got the right guys in the White House and the Supreme Court.

Cinco de mayo being celebrated here is fairly recent from my recollection. It's a good gimmick to sell beer, fritos, and other party things to both Mexicans and Americans. Can't say that's a bad thing except when people drive after drinking too much on cinco de mayo, or any other holiday.

What makes it the most jacked up is We can't celebrate USING OUR OWN DAM FLAG , so on the flip side we have all these other cultures celebrating their BS, but we are having ours stripped from US. The 4th of July won't be far behind as some libtard reject will claim it hurst the feelings of those who weren't born here.

So i'm not as much in a soap opera as you think......
We got plenty of flags here. You're living in the wrong state.

Forum List

Back