Hankies Ready

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
:salute: Here is a response from a KIA Marine Mom to the men that served with him. Be sure to go to the site to see the eulogies posted of three Marines killed in Falluja:

http://pullonsupermanscape.typepad.com/pull_on_supermans_cape/2005/06/lcpl_antoine_sm.html

We eulogized Lance Corporal Antoine Smith in the Heroes of India Company post - he is one who paid the ultimate sacrifice on the altar of freedom. Today, his mom stopped by and left a comment on that post:

Hello India Company 3/5 this is Lcpl Smith Antoine mom I want to take this time to thank Lcpl Vick and all the 3/5 company Marines and a special thank you to Lcpl Meyers Rick while in Iraq with my only child and son. Antoine is one of many fallen heroes killed for this war now guarding the gates of heaven. Antoine was sadden for the lost of many brothers and sisters that laid down their lives in Iraq 2003-04. He knew of the danger in Iraq, but still wanted to be in Iraq with his brothers/sisters in arms even if he had to lay down his life with them. While home on leave preparing for Iraq. Told me three different times "I want to live, but if I don't get shot too bad I will be back home If I live! I live! or I die! I die". He was brought back home to me nine weeks later in a flag drap coffin. Thank you to all the India Company for a wonderful visit on the base in CA, when I seen the faces of the many marines that fought beside my son it gave me closure, unanswered questions, and more peace of mind even until this moment but still a heavy heart. We all lost Antoine, but I gained 150 more sons to love on. I hope to visit you all again in CA. before you all go back to Iraq again. Thank you 2/5 and all military staff and families and people all over the world that cry with and for me and my family. Also for the cards, letters, hugs, kisses, phone calls, books. And a special thank you to the mothers and fathers lost children in Iraq and the love, support we share with each other the tears, laughs, stories of the life/death of our fallen children (Heroes) Everyone of you are in my prayers. It has to come to an end one day soon I hope. From all of us non-military people, you military people are our HEROES we love and support you. Not anyone can be an Soldier you are special in our eyes. THANK U, THANK U, THANK U.​

Dearest Deborah, we cannot begin to comprehend the magnitude of your loss. Thank you for being an incredible hero in your own right. Please accept the overwhelmed thanks of a grateful nation. And God Bless you richly - I'm so heartened that you have become a mother to so many adopted sons. You are also a blessed mother to all of us who cherish freedom and all who understand its incalculable price.

Forum List

Back