Wife has breast cancer...

What the hell are you talking about?
My wife got an mammogram every year covered by insurance and that is what caught it.

You assume far too much about America out of ignorance.
Exactly petro! Covered by insurance is a solution for American women who can afford it!

The reason I've commented is because apparently the majority of women related to our members, are deciding to not afford the insurance. They're hoping it's someone else's loved one.

My wife's is also effected by hormones. She would be on that therapy also following lumpectomy.
We remember it well. I researched and studied, as if prepping for a final, and we discussed in depth in a short timeframe. I cannot tell you, you aren't in for some bad times on recovery, therapies, etc. But, you are not alone going through this. You will be in our thoughts and prayers for the best outcome.

Off topic and beside the point anyway.
No my friend, it's right on topic and to the point. Most of the sad reports we're hearing could have been prevented by a system that allows women to be proactive, without costs that dissuade early detection.

Let's put women's lives first this time and not have anybody making this into a shitstorm over Obama and socially responsible government.

If it were my wife, I would tell her to remember that it’s her body and the final decision is hers. I would support her, as long as she was happy and fully comfortable with her choice. Also, remember that a second opinion never hurts, just to cover the bases. I have worked with cancer patients in my career and am a certified LiveStrong instructor.

All that said, I’m far from an expert and ultimately, the final decision is between her and the surgeon.

Cancer is the worst thing a person can get and my heart goes out to you. Sounds like they caught it early, which is the good news. I would tend to want my wife to favor a treatment that’s aggressive and has the highest success rate.

When I taught LiveStrong, it changed my life. I made lots of friends. A couple senior citizens, I really took a liking to - there was one elderly lady, that my heart bled for. I literally wanted to take away all her pain and suffering and take it on myself. Bottom line is - cancer sucks and personally, I think we need to devote more resources to curing it.

My favorite aunt died from breast cancer, a few years back.

Best of luck and I will keep your wife in my prayers.

What the hell are you talking about?
My wife got an mammogram every year covered by insurance and that is what caught it.
Good for your wife being covered by insurance. But not so good for other American women who can't afford coverage, or simply decide to save the money for their children's food expenses.
You assume far too much about America out of ignorance.
I'm assuming correctly, and I'm also going to assume that you don't really care about others.

The topic is prevention first, and then there's no objection to the perceived power of thoughts and prayers. I just simply believe that early detection is the more effective of those choices.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. If possible try to keep stress at low level....stress only aggravates the condition as well as fear. Prayer is very helpful... and be specific as you ask others to pray..tell them what to pray for. I had a bout with the Big C myself this past summer July to be exact. I was so blessed by God with friends, neighbors, family for support. I'm still praising God for his goodness to me.

If it were my wife, I would tell her to remember that it’s her body and the final decision is hers. I would support her, as long as she was happy and fully comfortable with her choice. Also, remember that a second opinion never hurts, just to cover the bases. I have worked with cancer patients in my career and am a certified LiveStrong instructor.

All that said, I’m far from an expert and ultimately, the final decision is between her and the surgeon.

Cancer is the worst thing a person can get and my heart goes out to you. Sounds like they caught it early, which is the good news. I would tend to want my wife to favor a treatment that’s aggressive and has the highest success rate.

When I taught LiveStrong, it changed my life. I made lots of friends. A couple senior citizens, I really took a liking to - there was one elderly lady, that my heart bled for. I literally wanted to take away all her pain and suffering and take it on myself. Bottom line is - cancer sucks and personally, I think we need to devote more resources to curing it.

My favorite aunt died from breast cancer, a few years back.

Best of luck and I will keep your wife in my prayers.
You sound so sincere, and I believe you are.
But why do you fail to mention the need for annual Mammograms for all American women for free?

Good for your wife being covered by insurance. But not so good for other American women who can't afford coverage, or simply decide to save the money for their children's food expenses.

I'm assuming correctly, and I'm also going to assume that you don't really care about others.

The topic is prevention first, and then there's no objection to the perceived power of thoughts and prayers. I just simply believe that early detection is the more effective of those choices.
No. The topic is not prevention. That ship has sailed, in this case, and there are clear realities only to be considered.

She's 58, no breast cancer with mom and sisters.
1 cm, stage 2.
Now to make the most agonizing decision:
Mastectomy or lumpectomy.
Surgeon wants to do the latter.
Any help on this will surely be appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Get her a good coach who knows the insides and outsides of the issue.

Love her all you can.

Never give up.

My daughter survived a double mastectomy. Two years now and thriving.

Never give up.

Exactly petro! Covered by insurance is a solution for American women who can afford it!

The reason I've commented is because apparently the majority of women related to our members, are deciding to not afford the insurance. They're hoping it's someone else's loved one.
That statute also covers the poor who are on MNCare.

I see no posters here talking about opting out of insurance.

Stop virtue signaling here, which is unneeded as it is unnecessary.

You sound so sincere, and I believe you are.
But why do you fail to mention the need for annual Mammograms for all American women for free?
How much radiation is in those mammograms? I venture to say they're not telling the public the truth about that. Secondly...women don't like to put themselves through such a personal thing and it's not fool proof and Thirdly....it's questionable whether these radiologists and doctors can actually read them. Their education is no better than the gov't run public school system and medical schools seem overly concerned with social justice/change more than the proper treatment of the ill and recuperating.

what i'm saying is be your own advocate for your health. And then INSIST on tests or procedures when the doctor...and he/she will, ignores you.

Forum List

Back