Hamas-organized mass wedding of adult men and little girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lest we forget, the opening post was about a rather notorious hoax slandering Islam and it snowballed from there.

SO...her post, the one to which you referred, seemed considerably less hateful than those directed at practitioners of the Islamic faith.

If I am not mistaken, this thread is about bigoted lies and deceit and hatred directed towards Muslims and not about child brides. And people are bringing this hatred to the shores of my country. I find it hard to believe that Jews, who always complain about anti-Semitism would condone and mitigate the same kind and worse hatred directed at others, but I have not seen one single Jewish poster say anything negative about this hoax.

You, and they, are no different than those who defend The Protocols of Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion as the truth.

And if that is being anti-Semitic, than the truth is anti-Semitic.

I remember what the topic was about. I even made a civilized respond to the point, and with Coyote we disagreed but still have a healthy discussion.

Then this troll came along and started bashing my customs and religions, even though I didn't say anything bad about Islam in this thread.

She constantly takes this off topic and after some serious provocation has the nerve to tell others to not forget the issue of debate. Now, seriously?!:cuckoo::doubt:

Well, it was a hoax, ok, good to know; what else do you expect, us to tear our shirts in grief? not gonna happen. So this time it was a lie, does it make Hamas any more respectful? Hardly.

And considering the fact that they tell constant lies about us, you'll get indifference from me. Apparently, when you invent a method you should take to mind it'll be used against you at some point.

Nonetheless, the truth is always appreciated.

This "troll" came along and mildly responded to all the anti-Muslim posts made by people of your faith.

Do you really actually think those on my side of the fence could not go to town on Jews in matters like this but for the most part we have eercised restraint. I have tried to remain on topic.

What the heck do you think Phoenall is doing right now with his diatribe about the Holy Quran. He is opening the door wide open and laying out a red carpet for people to discuss the Torah and the Talmud but people have restrained themselves.

This thing began long before Phoenall came over here. So what are you talking about? Your Holy Quran doesnt interest me in the least. Who gives a damn! As I said. My own personal issue with sherri is what triggered this and here you come and plays at her defense without even knowing the whole story! What argument you have with the rest- solve them! But stay out of arguments which do not involves you! And dont take sides!

Reading hate sites is not studying Islam.

And all you are doing is spewing lies and hate .

I think tossing around demeaning, 1400 yr old facts about Mohammed isn't just dicey and counter-productive but plain wrong. What Arab Muslim culture is in the 21st Century is not solely driven by what happened then just as other cultures have evolved since. Many of their traditions pre-date the 7th Century.

Study islam as I have and you see that it is still embroiled in the 7c mind-set. Most are at best semi literate so cant read for themselves what is written in the Koran. They are forced to pray in a dead language that barely 12 muslims can begin to understand, and they are taught the Koran parrot fashion without understanding what they are saying. Then when it is pointed out to them what they are practising they become angry and violent claiming that it is a lie. islam has not evolved, it cant without denying the whole of its beliefs. It is written that the Koran is the immutable word of god and no part of it can be taken away or changed, they access the 21c while still invoking evil spirits. They stone women for the crime of "maybe adultery" in other words hubby has got sick of his old hag and fancies a new young girl so he claims she has looked at another man. The whole religion was based on one mans psychopathic lust for wealth, women, power and sex with children. He changed the rules as often as it suited him which is why he married his brothers 6 year old daughter, but refused to marry his other brothers elderly widow.

So you see telling the truth about islam and the muslims isn't demeaning it is setting the story straight so that more people look closer at islam.

Sherri speaks of hates sites and take lessons about Talmud from Al-Aqsa.com

What I think is exactly this. The thread morphed into a discussion about chilod marriages and people began condemning islamic society for doing it, and then began justifying it in other cultures, as aris2chat did.

And apparently I am an anti-Semite because I for the most part hold people to the same standards, with consideration towards their culture and the economic conditions in which they grow up and live.

It is beyond me to condemn other people who eke out a living and struggle to survive when I, who lives a simple life and well within my means with very little self indulgent behavior, live in the lap of luxury and would be the envy of 95% of the world. I mean, I can listen to George Clinton and Parliament Funk any time I want and and buy art and good whiskey and the occasional errant cheeseburger so how am I gonna judge some guy on a rocky mountainside with a plow, six kids, and no horse.

I am going to try to understand him and his life so maybe I can help him to better help himself.

There is a big difference between a 6 year old child being forced into marrying a 50 year old man and a 14 year old girl consenting to marrying her 15 year old boyfriend. Wasn't there a scandal in the US over a famous singer getting married to his cousin who was 15 at the time ?
In the UK we had a law passed making it illegal for parents to take their children out of the country and force them to get married, the groups it was aimed at ignored the law and found them selves facing prison and having their children placed in care. The marriages were annulled under UK law and the spouses informed that they could not get a British passport on the back of the marriage. This caused a lot of problems for the fathers of the brides who had been paid extremely large sums of money to get around immigration laws. In some cases it led to murders of family members abroad, and honour killings in the UK.

There are also mosques in the UK who will agree to marry girls who are underage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpVbQdWEwY]LiveLeak com 18 UK mosques 'agree to perform underage marriages - YouTube[/ame]

They also stockpile weapons and bomb making equipment in the mosques and have been known to stash forged documents in roof spaces. Both these were found in a Police raid on a mosque some years back, but because of Islamic hierarchy no one could be charged with any criminal offence. Time to close the loopholes and start arresting all members of any mosque found to be in breach of any Laws. Have a book detailing who every member is and any visiting members as well

Time to keep an eye on the jails too which are breeding grounds for conversions to Islam. A captive audience as it were. Convert or be bullied into conversion.

Time to keep an eye on the jails too which are breeding grounds for conversions to Islam. A captive audience as it were. Convert or be bullied into conversion.

Maybe move all the muslims to one prison and have strict rules, only beer to drink and pig to eat and two stones for the toilet.

Of course none of this alters the fact that this particular item was a massive hoax - taking an innocent event and trying to make it out to be a mass marriage of children under the age of ten.

Unfortunately it undermines the exposure of the tragedy so many women (and young girls) suffer under Arab/Muslim culture. A 16 year old rape victim was forced BY HER FAMILY to marry the rapist, saving the family face and sparing the rapist prison time. She subsequently killed herself. Child brides and forced clitoral circumcision are indicative of how females are viewed and abused in tribal Arab societies where ignorance - particularly among females - is strictly enforced.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNEF2lSXXL6_boP5zXTQ-a2-U3CPAw

It's not limited by a long shot to Arab/Muslim cultures and hoaxes like do little more than generate hatred for all Muslim and/or Palestinian people - regardless of what they believe or do. And, like you say it distracts from real issues involving women and girls in many of these countries.

The mass marriage and picture were real, just the captions were misleading. To people who are not familiar might easily assume the girls were the brides.

That is true but it was deliberately spread in a misleading way designed to demonize - the article the pictures were taken from made it clear what the event was and what the pictures were of.

I see how it could be a "misinformation" but, that implies benign intent. People who believed it and spread it - might be guilty of "misinformation". However, the person who originated it, created a hoax. When you read the articles that the photos came from - and you read the hoax email - I think it's easy to see the intent was to mislead.

Hoaxes are defined as "deliberately fabricated falsehoods made to masquerade as truth".

The original email was titled: HAMAS PLAYS HOST TO PEDOPHILIA

The text of the hoax was as follows.

Muhammed married a six year old bride. But Islam has evolved in 1500 years. In Hamas land, in 2009, the brides are almost seven.

Mass Muslim Marriage

450 Grooms Wed GIRLS Under Ten In Gaza

A gala event has occurred in Gaza.

Hamas sponsored a mass wedding for four hundred and fifty couples. Most of the grooms were in their mid to late twenties; most of brides were under ten.

Muslim dignitaries including Mahmud Zahar, a leader of Hamas, were on hand to congratulate the couples who took part in the carefully staged celebration.

"We are saying to the world and to America that you cannot deny us joy and happiness," Zahar told the grooms, all of whom were dressed in identical black suits and hailed from the nearby Jabalia refugee camp.

Each groom received a gift of 500 dollars from Hamas.

The pre-pubescent girls, dressed in white gowns and adorned with garish make-up, received bridal bouquets.

"We are presenting this wedding as a gift to our people who stood firm in the face of the siege and the war," local Hamas strongman Ibrahim Salaf said in a speech.

The wedding photos tell the rest of the sordid tale.
Read more at snopes.com: Hamas Mass Wedding for 450 Little Girls
It's pretty clear that the author took information out of the articles, added his own invention (about children) and then spread it. People were willing to believe because it fed their own prejudices.

I should add - forced marriages and underage marriages are a real problem, but even in those countries where they occur - the marriages of children this young are relatively uncommon. And mass marriage of children - where has anytbhing remotely like that occurred? People are unwilling beyond the surface.

It isn't BIGOTRY if it's actually happening.

And what is wrong with demonizing the practice of marrying female children to adult males?

What does "relatively" uncommon mean? That you haven't been invited to one of these weddings?

It didn't really happen KG. There was no Hammas mass wedding of little girls in Palestine. Ever. The readiness to believe a hoax and perpetrate it without ever looking further plays to reader's own prejudices. No one is talking about not "demonizing" the practice of child marriage - I believe we are all on the same page regarding that issue - wherever it occurs. At least try to get the facts straight before jumping in.:doubt:

That was published in Ha'aretz long ago.

They were the first ones to jump into Hamas' defense, imagine that.
Like in ancient days. This is when you know they have nothing but this regurgitated crap.
I guess "regurgitated crap" is a good term - folks keep posting that hoax as if it were real in an effort to demonize - in fact, it's been posted around here quite recently and no one bothers to refute it.

oh----well good of you to remind us-----I still do not know who ORIGINATED the
hoax and why. Lots of hoaxes get perpetuated ----somehow most of them do
not seem to bother you. All genocides and pogroms are based on libels -----do you think this one would galvanize a genocide or a lynching? Everytime there is a massacre of
copts in Egypt------there is an underlying LIBEL I am---by no means trying to
TRIVIALIZE libels of any kind------simply presenting a practical perspective.

it is not surprising that a jewish journalist OUTED the HOAX-----jews have been
victims of libel galvanized massacres for millenia and are SENSITIVE to the
phenomenon

So, why do you keep pimping the lie?

It's a hoax and you keep pushing it as true.

Certainly, you expose Zionist morality for us all to see so very clearly.

And this is not the first thread started on this hoax, and the hoax was debunked then too.
What lie is that? Hamas stages an event to honor it's terrorists with pedophilic fantasies, and Israel is to be blamed for the behavior of these animals?

No. They didn't. The only "pedophilic fantasies" are the spin you are attempting to put on an ordinary wedding. Many weddings include child relatives in the festivities. Every heard of Flower Girls and Ring Bearers? Usually young children do those honors and I've never heard anyone trying to cast pedophilic aspersions on those.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNNFXWHmDU]8-year-old Yemeni Child Bride Dies on Wedding Night! - YouTube[/ame]

With story like this, it is understandable for the misunderstanding assumption that the girls were the brides. No where can I find any evidence of real brides for those 450 grooms paid by Hamas.

The thread is addressing a Zionist hoax that was debunked for the Zionist filth it was.

You seem to be defending it and have since then gone off on a personal attack tirade against me.

WEll, get over yourself, Mossad agent, the world does not revolve around Israel or Israeli shills like you.

There was a wedding and I think it was way back in 2008 and ever since then Israeli shills and racist filth like you have been blasting photos of the wedding across the internet and lyingly claiming the brides were children.

It was a hoax in 2008 and every time the lie is repeated it remains a lying Zionist hoax spewed by lying Zionists just like you.

I remember what the topic was about. I even made a civilized respond to the point, and with Coyote we disagreed but still have a healthy discussion.

Then this troll came along and started bashing my customs and religions, even though I didn't say anything bad about Islam in this thread.

She constantly takes this off topic and after some serious provocation has the nerve to tell others to not forget the issue of debate. Now, seriously?!:cuckoo::doubt:

Well, it was a hoax, ok, good to know; what else do you expect, us to tear our shirts in grief? not gonna happen. So this time it was a lie, does it make Hamas any more respectful? Hardly.

And considering the fact that they tell constant lies about us, you'll get indifference from me. Apparently, when you invent a method you should take to mind it'll be used against you at some point.

Nonetheless, the truth is always appreciated.

This "troll" came along and mildly responded to all the anti-Muslim posts made by people of your faith.

Do you really actually think those on my side of the fence could not go to town on Jews in matters like this but for the most part we have eercised restraint. I have tried to remain on topic.

What the heck do you think Phoenall is doing right now with his diatribe about the Holy Quran. He is opening the door wide open and laying out a red carpet for people to discuss the Torah and the Talmud but people have restrained themselves.

This thing began long before Phoenall came over here. So what are you talking about? Your Holy Quran doesnt interest me in the least. Who gives a damn! As I said. My own personal issue with sherri is what triggered this and here you come and plays at her defense without even knowing the whole story! What argument you have with the rest- solve them! But stay out of arguments which do not involves you! And dont take sides!

Like in ancient days. This is when you know they have nothing but this regurgitated crap.
I guess "regurgitated crap" is a good term - folks keep posting that hoax as if it were real in an effort to demonize - in fact, it's been posted around here quite recently and no one bothers to refute it.

oh----well good of you to remind us-----I still do not know who ORIGINATED the
hoax and why. Lots of hoaxes get perpetuated ----somehow most of them do
not seem to bother you. All genocides and pogroms are based on libels -----do you think this one would galvanize a genocide or a lynching? Everytime there is a massacre of
copts in Egypt------there is an underlying LIBEL I am---by no means trying to
TRIVIALIZE libels of any kind------simply presenting a practical perspective.

it is not surprising that a jewish journalist OUTED the HOAX-----jews have been
victims of libel galvanized massacres for millenia and are SENSITIVE to the
phenomenon

I don't think you can ever know who really originated it - they become viral overnight. The original author of the article (the legit article that the hoax was taken from) had a pretty good commentary of it.

Any hoaxes that involve demonizing innocent people bother me. I've seen this photo circulated many times with claims of a mass wedding of little children, but never seen it refuted until I saw it in snopes. Conspiracy theory rationalizations, libel, etc are all tools used to promote bigotry but even when they are discreditd, people stlil choose to believe it. Why? It feeds into their own bias'.

Last edited:
There is another hoax about Saudi Arabia going around for years now too, it's always reported as if it just happened. That was about a woman who was going to be executed for adultery, and the fact is she never was.ANd she was freed.

There is another hoax about Saudi Arabia going around for years now too, it's always reported as if it just happened. That was about a woman who was going to be executed for adultery, and the fact is she never was.ANd she was freed.

I think hoaxes should be exposed with facts but it doesn't seem to do much good because people WANT to believe it, so they will. Another one that keeps popping up is the dancing Israeli's at 911. There are a lot of hoaxes related to 911.

Tut, tut, Mrs. Sherri, it appears that you don't like hearing what goes on in the Muslim world regardless what the topic is, not even when it comes to Christians being murdered by your friends. Maybe Mrs. Sherri is disappointed that she isn't up and about so that she can fly over to her beloved Palestinians and help them with their hideous cartoons where the children are taught to hate the Jews. Then again, maybe if she was capable of it, she would fly over there and lead a band of Jihadists against the Christians in Muslim countries. The bottom line here is that many women are mistreated in the world all over, and it is very sad to see this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4gNBf2n3o&hd=1]11 Year Old Child Bride Speaks Out Before Being Killed - YouTube[/ame]

Another child bride before she was killed.

This is why assuming the girls were brides of soon to be warriors willing to die for Hamas can be understood.

Too many children are sexually abuse, physically abused and forced to become brides. Too many are maimed and killed. Some willing just to escape have killed themselves.

Real or not, hamas staged and event that in islam can be understood as Mohammed wedding Aisha.

Real, mock or proxy, the implication is there. It is the promise in the gardens of Allah of virgins for the martyrs

That is another hoax.

AND that was in Yemen.

AND It had nothing to do with Hamas.

AND Hamas is not the one here demonizing a wedding, where essentially flower girls were in the wedding .

And another point, I think these weddings can be quite elaborate.

I was just recently looking at Facebook Photos of an engagement between a Palestinian American man and a Palestinan woman from Gaza.

AN engagement party looked more elaborate than most American weddings.

I know a bit about weddings in Iran, they are very elaborate affairs too. Celebrations can go on for days, leading up to and through the wedding ceremony.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back