Haley Barbour Praises Racist Organization

robert-byrd.jpg

You know, the more I think about this, I can understand a little bit of what Mr. Barbour said regarding his years in school.

It appears that I am about 10 years younger than Mr. Barbour was and I grew up and went to school in California. I have to say, that I did not know about all the race issues while I was in school. To me, the color of a student's skin really didn't make any difference. My schools did not have a large population of minorities, but it did not seem to me like those who were there had it all that bad. It never really occurred to me that there was any real difference or that the minorities had it rougher than I did. Little did I know.

So his comments about it not seeming all that bad, are understandable to me. Little did he know back then.

Of course, now I realize things are/were different, but to sheltered me, I did not know how different things were.

Perhaps, if he had stopped right there, his comments could have been excused. But he did not. He went on praising the "Citizen's Council" formerly known as the "White Citizen's Council". Well, the only commentary I have heard in regards to that was from a pundit named Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC this morning at One AM. First time I had ever watched his show and it seems that he is well left of left. Him being a talking head, I don't trust anything he says and being obviously slanted makes everything he says even more questionable. If any of what he said about the Citizen's Council is true then Barbour may as well throw in the towel now.

Immie

Naw..he won't.

Barbour is a smart man..and the Citizen's Council, despite it's racist "wink wink, nudge nudge" leanings..basically became somewhat respectable.

Haley is straddling a fence..and he does it well. He's basically able to appeal to both far right extremists and centrists..and does it masterfully.

Definitely a problem for Democrats.

Never heard of Benjamim Sarlin.
Not a prob......​

Welcome Conservatives

"The CofCC is the only serious nationwide activist group that sticks up for white rights!"

"The multi-million dollar Marxist fund-raising hustle, known as the SPLC has renewed its attack on the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools (MSAIS). Several minor “wannabe” groups are also following the SPLC’s lead and urging followers to harass corporate sponsors of the association.

The SPLC is agitating against the association because the Mississippi CofCC holds annual fundraisers for two of its member schools. The SPLC, of course, wants donations to fight this evil menace. The Montgomery based group has been denounced as a con job by Alabama’s largest daily newspaper as well as the liberal Harpers Magazine.

The real reason that left-wingers hate the association is because they offer low cost private schooling that is safe, allows prayer in school, free of social experiments, with no left-wing propaganda in the classroom.

Since the inception of the CofCC, Bill Lord has organized yearly events to financially benefit two Mississippi private academies. At the most recent event, 1200 barbecued chicken halves were sold. Bill Lord also organizes the massive “Blackhawk Rally” every four years. All Mississippi political candidates are invited to speak. The event raises money for school buses for a Mississippi private academy. Haley Barbour, then a candidate for Mississippi Governor, spoke at one."

This guy's deperation rationalization are still another example of that Southern Heritage that some of our fellow Americans are so proud of, I suppose.

The Mississippi governor went on to credit the White Citizens’ Council, a group that has been viewed as pro-segregationist, with helping to integrate the public schools in his home town, Yazoo City, Miss., without violence. Barbour didn’t help matters with his fuzzy recall of an event he attended in the early 1960’s with civil rights icon, Martin Luther King Jr.

“We just sat on our cars, watching the girls, talking, doing what boys do,” Barbour told the Weekly Standard. “We paid more attention to the girls than to King.”

He was 15 the smell of desperation is becoming overwelming.

[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

Hmm

I think this is manufactured outrage.

He was probably being somewhat insensitive, but I don't think he was being prejudicial nor malicious. I think he just said what he experienced growing up.

He should continue to run for the nomination.
He should probably milk his racist-background, as-long-as he possibly can!!

Next, UP, will be his money-laundering gig.....and, it'll BE a while, 'til 2012!!

:eusa_whistle:

Racist? HA!

Means nothing anymore... has no fangs. Been used to deride anyone with which anyone holds a differing opinion.

Thanks for that!

You know, the more I think about this, I can understand a little bit of what Mr. Barbour said regarding his years in school.

It appears that I am about 10 years younger than Mr. Barbour was and I grew up and went to school in California. I have to say, that I did not know about all the race issues while I was in school. To me, the color of a student's skin really didn't make any difference. My schools did not have a large population of minorities, but it did not seem to me like those who were there had it all that bad. It never really occurred to me that there was any real difference or that the minorities had it rougher than I did. Little did I know.

So his comments about it not seeming all that bad, are understandable to me. Little did he know back then.

Of course, now I realize things are/were different, but to sheltered me, I did not know how different things were.

Perhaps, if he had stopped right there, his comments could have been excused. But he did not. He went on praising the "Citizen's Council" formerly known as the "White Citizen's Council". Well, the only commentary I have heard in regards to that was from a pundit named Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC this morning at One AM. First time I had ever watched his show and it seems that he is well left of left. Him being a talking head, I don't trust anything he says and being obviously slanted makes everything he says even more questionable. If any of what he said about the Citizen's Council is true then Barbour may as well throw in the towel now.

Immie

Naw..he won't.

Barbour is a smart man..and the Citizen's Council, despite it's racist "wink wink, nudge nudge" leanings..basically became somewhat respectable.

Haley is straddling a fence..and he does it well. He's basically able to appeal to both far right extremists and centrists..and does it masterfully.

Well, I have not looked into the Citizen's Council yet. I'm only going off what O'Donnell said and I must say, Mr. O'Donnell laid it on very thick. :lol:

But then he's a talking head, what should one expect?

However, I would ask, you say they became respectable. When did they become respectable? In the 60's the time for which Barbour was praising them, or in the 80's? 90's? 2000's? I'll look into this more later.

BTW President Obama appeals to left extremists and centrists... and does it masterfully... definitely a problem for Republicans. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

I think this is manufactured outrage.

He was probably being somewhat insensitive, but I don't think he was being prejudicial nor malicious. I think he just said what he experienced growing up.

He should continue to run for the nomination.

I think you are probably right, but if it even vaguely looks like he has a chance of defeating Obama (or whoever the Democratic Party nominates) in 2012, this will be a huge weapon the left will use against him.

He screwed up by giving them this weapon.

Immie
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......as if anyone (from the OLD SOUTH) ever expected this to be an issue, in the future.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6E6A02lAJo&playnext=1&list=PL38FE52C4B0C555BA&index=44[/ame]

I guess you've still got the NEW NORTH!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp-scFb3to[/ame]​

Immie

Naw..he won't.

Well, I have not looked into the Citizen's Council yet. I'm only going off what O'Donnell said and I must say, Mr. O'Donnell laid it on very thick. :lol:

But then he's a talking head, what should one expect?

However, I would ask, you say they became respectable. When did they become respectable? In the 60's the time for which Barbour was praising them, or in the 80's? 90's? 2000's? I'll look into this more later.

BTW President Obama appeals to left extremists and centrists... and does it masterfully... definitely a problem for Republicans. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Touche..:razz:

Who's the Congressmen who lied about getting spit on on the day Obamacare was signed?

What were his civil rights era recollections worth when comparing Obamacare protestors to southern racists?
Another 'Bagger distracto-response......

844.gif

So what?

Obama praised the NAACP.

So our own president has praised a racist organization.

Obama praised La Raza (translation: The Race) , also a racist organization.

So our own president has praised two racist organizations.

Obama has praised CAIR, also a racist organization.

So...........yep, thats 3.

Obama once praised Jeremiah Wright and that church, obviously a racist organization.

Uhh ohh boy........thats 4.
Where'd you learn all that.....from WorldNutzDaily??????? :eusa_eh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6GvbaAjLVU[/ame]​

Two questions:

- How do you feel about Robert Byrd being an actual member of the KKK?
- And what is the nature of the New Black Panthers?

And what exactly does that have to do with Haley Barbour being a liar?

Robert Byrd is dead, in case you haven't heard, which wouldn't surprise me. And Robert Byrd never tried to rewrite his past.
....OR, run for the Presidency.​

So what?

Obama praised the NAACP.

So our own president has praised a racist organization.

Obama praised La Raza (translation: The Race) , also a racist organization.

So our own president has praised two racist organizations.

Obama has praised CAIR, also a racist organization.

So...........yep, thats 3.

Obama once praised Jeremiah Wright and that church, obviously a racist organization.

Uhh ohh boy........thats 4.

Do you realize that none of that nonsense is a defense of Haley Barbour?

btw, does anyone actually take seriously the prospect of a fat toad like Barbour winning the GOP presidential nomination?
Supposedly, he's the most-likely choice (to-date) for the Anti-Palin Republicans.​

Forum List

Back