Haley Barbour Praises Racist Organization

Here's a bit of real history from Mississippi, lest anyone doubt or attempt to cast doubt on what the state's secession was all about:

Mississippi Declaration of the Causes of Secession

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course. Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

...etc...

Mississippi Causes of Secession

Here's a bit of real history from Mississippi, lest anyone doubt or attempt to cast doubt on what the state's secession was all about:

In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course. Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world.

...etc...

Huh! How is this relevant to today?

...etc...

Huh! How is this relevant to today?

How are you relevant to today if you can't figure it out.

I didn't see any racism.

Because there wasn't any.
His comments had to do with a specific place, Yazoo City, and the council there telling the Klan to beat it. That other orgs with the same name in different places were actually racist is not germane here.

robert-byrd.jpg
Cute Photoshop.

I didn't see any racism.

Because there wasn't any.
His comments had to do with a specific place, Yazoo City, and the council there telling the Klan to beat it. That other orgs with the same name in different places were actually racist is not germane here.

Well, according to Barbour's backtracking, it looks like he disagrees with you AND himself:

"My point was my town rejected the Ku Klux Klan, but nobody should construe that to mean I think the town leadership were saints, either. Their vehicle, called the 'Citizens Council,' is totally indefensible, as is segregation. It was a difficult and painful era for Mississippi, the rest of the country, and especially African Americans who were persecuted in that time,"

Barbour backtracks on race remark

Once again, to my delight, the wingnuts continue to defend someone for something the someone is no longer even defending himself. lol

Forum List

Back