Guns are part of who we are as Americans

The 33,000 number is irrelevant as it includes Suicides.

Suicides would commit hari-kari, hang themselves,poison themselves, immolate themselves or leap from buildings if they didn't have a gun.

Okay... except they don't... seems to me that leaping from a building is a lot easier than getting a gun.

But it's a lot scarier

If people are going to choose to kill themselves why not let them choose how they want to do it?

Lol.... They don't get it. Suicide by gun is not a credible stat. It would simply be suicide by something else.

Jo

Suicides would commit hari-kari, hang themselves,poison themselves, immolate themselves or leap from buildings if they didn't have a gun.

Okay... except they don't... seems to me that leaping from a building is a lot easier than getting a gun.

But it's a lot scarier

If people are going to choose to kill themselves why not let them choose how they want to do it?

Lol.... They don't get it. Suicide by gun is not a credible stat. It would simply be suicide by something else.

Jo

Exactly, people off themselves with the methods they have available. If someone lives in a farm community without tall buildings or subway trains, they aren't going to jump off a tall building or in front of a subway to kill themselves.

But it's a lot scarier

Jo

Exactly, people off themselves with the methods they have available. If someone lives in a farm community without tall buildings or subway trains, they aren't going to jump off a tall building or in front of a subway to kill themselves.

Yep.....

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.

Fewer fathers teach their sons to shoot

Hunting is way down

Fewer fathers teach their sons to shoot

Hunting is way down

Hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment and our God Given right to keep and bear arms.

The popularity of the sport has gone up and down over the years, I think one of the problems is that so many young men and boys grow up without their old man nowadays. As a result, they become less interested in manly pursuits like hunting and crapping in the woods, and more interested in wearing their mum's evening gowns and many more end up transitioning.

I think it would be great to establish a charity where fatherless boys in the Ghetto could be taught to hunt and fire a rifle by volunteers.

Guns don't keep anyone safe.

The NRA has become the arm of the gun industry, trying to keep people like you scared so you want more and more guns.

And it works.

That's a lie, of course guns keep people safe.
People can defend themselves with guns but the notion that guns ‘keep people safe’ is questionable – a gun in the home is more likely to kill its owner than a home invader.

Gunowners need to understand the importance of gun safety and to keep guns secure at all times.

And yes, the NRA has clearly pursued a policy of lies and misinformation to propagate the myth that owning a gun has anything to do with ‘freedom’ or ‘liberty’ – which in fact it does not.

The NRA has also propagated the lie that ‘the government’ wants to ‘take your guns,’ when nothing could be further from the truth.

The NRA engages in nothing but fearmongering and demagoguery, having no problem with either benefiting the gun industry.

Then join the NRA because the NRA is the largest gun safety organization in the world.

As NRA Certified Firearms Instructor and Range Safety Officer 90% of what I do is firearms safety.

There are many firearm safety courses available from the NRA. You should go take one or just shut the fuck about things you know nothing about.

By the way you are really really confused Moon Bat. The government does want to take away our guns. I could give you many examples.

Just recently the filthy ass government of Bolder Colorado told the citizens that they had to turn in guns.

Go read up on the despicable SAFE Act in New York, or the laws they have in California and other commie states. In New York last year they confiscated a veteran's firearms because he had been reported under the SAFE for having a mild case of insomnia.

Pretending that gun confiscations, banning and despicable restrictions is just another way you idiot Moon Bats attempt to rationalize the doing way of the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Rustic, it is always interesting to visit your alternative universe in which the government is going to take away the guns, but the military will revolt and stop them, and will protect our republic at the point of a bayonet from the paranoids who are running everything through the Illuminie. Visiting your world is like viewing a Salvador Dali painting...

A Dali painting...kinda like Venuzuela is now. Giraffe steak anyone? It's great with a little A-1.

Jo
Neither a Dali painting nor Venezuela have anything to do with the United States.

Sure they do. In the not too distant past those who predicted Venezuela's current predicament were mocked as gloom-n-doomers.... And yet it seems that it is indeed possible to have a Dali-type landscape in reality.

I am expecting to see black helicopters enforcing the New World Order at any minute....

What makes you think it's not happening already?

Jo

Apparently, your tinfoil hat is more finely tuned than most...

there is no such thing as gun violence, but violence we need to address.

maybe if we treated each other more HUMANELY, violence would stop!

Guns don't keep anyone safe.

The NRA has become the arm of the gun industry, trying to keep people like you scared so you want more and more guns.

And it works.

That's a lie, of course guns keep people safe.
People can defend themselves with guns but the notion that guns ‘keep people safe’ is questionable – a gun in the home is more likely to kill its owner than a home invader.

Gunowners need to understand the importance of gun safety and to keep guns secure at all times.

And yes, the NRA has clearly pursued a policy of lies and misinformation to propagate the myth that owning a gun has anything to do with ‘freedom’ or ‘liberty’ – which in fact it does not.

The NRA has also propagated the lie that ‘the government’ wants to ‘take your guns,’ when nothing could be further from the truth.

The NRA engages in nothing but fearmongering and demagoguery, having no problem with either benefiting the gun industry.

keep-calm-baby-girl-you-look-desperate-S.png

A Dali painting...kinda like Venuzuela is now. Giraffe steak anyone? It's great with a little A-1.

Jo
Neither a Dali painting nor Venezuela have anything to do with the United States.

Sure they do. In the not too distant past those who predicted Venezuela's current predicament were mocked as gloom-n-doomers.... And yet it seems that it is indeed possible to have a Dali-type landscape in reality.

I am expecting to see black helicopters enforcing the New World Order at any minute....

What makes you think it's not happening already?

Jo

Apparently, your tinfoil hat is more finely tuned than most...

You can make an effective antenna using just tinfoil.

Jo

I have carried a gun most of my adult life before moving to the Peoples Republic of California into L.A. County where I don't qualify for a CCW. My old one from a former state that California did not recognize anyway has now expired. A loaded firearm has saved my life more than once and I am very well trained in the use of handguns, as well as military weapons qualifying at expert level. I have been asked by some rookie police officers what I would do if they came to my door to take my firearms and were not happy with my answers especially since they know my abilities. It's like I told them at some point in time you may have to decide which side you are going to be on. The military and police in Russia found themselves in that position and some day you also may have to make that choice.

There are many former military veterans who fought and had friends die for our Constitution of which the 2ND Amendment is a part.

I have carried a gun most of my adult life before moving to the Peoples Republic of California into L.A. County where I don't qualify for a CCW. My old one from a former state that California did not recognize anyway has now expired. A loaded firearm has saved my life more than once and I am very well trained in the use of handguns, as well as military weapons qualifying at expert level. I have been asked by some rookie police officers what I would do if they came to my door to take my firearms and were not happy with my answers especially since they know my abilities. It's like I told them at some point in time you may have to decide which side you are going to be on. The military and police in Russia found themselves in that position and some day you also may have to make that choice.

There are many former military veterans who fought and had friends die for our Constitution of which the 2ND Amendment is a part.

I, too, had a dangerous situation that I resolved by a firearm. An angry owl attacked me in my garage, and I had to take him out with my .22.

This is a moronic and ignorant statement.

No one says anyone has the ‘right’ to disarm another – rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons.

Government cannot prohibit a person from possessing a handgun, the possession of a handgun pursuant to lawful self-defense is subject to Constitutional protections.

Any law enacted making it illegal to possess a handgun would be struck down by the courts as a violation of the Second Amendment.

Oh really?! Then explain George Soros, explain Everytown. Explain any gun control group out there. Their entire goal is complete civilian disarmament. Banning a class of firearms based on its “looks” is a constitutional infringement. “May issue” states are a constitutional infringement. Gun registrations are a constitutional infringement. Don’t sit here & say stupid stuff because that is precisely the agenda of the Left. And the courts are not a reliable protector of rights either. That has been shown time & time again by certain circuit courts.
lol

Yes, really!

Typical conservative ignorance and idiocy: a moronic reference to ‘Soros’ followed by a word salad.

A private citizen has the right to advocate for the enactment of a law they support – such as a firearm regulatory measure.

He has the right to advocate for a law banning handguns, but such a law won’t be enacted because it’s un-Constitutional; or if enacted, it would be invalidated by the courts because it violates the Second Amendment.

Very good. So you now think that banning a class of guns is unconstitutional. Same goes with ARs.
Wrong.

What someone ‘thinks’ is irrelevant.

Only court rulings are relevant.

The Supreme Court has held that banning handguns is un-Constitutional; the lower courts have held that banning assault weapons is Constitutional – such bans will remain Constitutional until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

The Second Amendment is not ‘unlimited’ – government has the authority to regulate firearms consistent with Second Amendment case law, regardless of what some might ‘think’ with regard to the efficacy or appropriateness of such laws.

A few justices on the Supreme Court would tell you that you’re wrong about lower court decisions.

Thomas impatient at SCOTUS's inaction on 2nd Amendment - CNNPolitics
lol

You can't be serious.

Until a majority of justices decide those lower court rulings are wrong, those rulings are perfectly Constitutional.

No, you won’t.

No one is going to come to your door to ‘take your guns.’

I can read fake on this one.

That's sadly true. Guns don't have that same reputation they used to. And people more often that not misuse them. When that dweeb shot up a preschool, and THEN when pro gunners sought to minimize that, that was the finial nail in the coffin. Enough.

That is blatantly untrue. The only people that misuse them are criminals. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding, and use the responsibly. They would be the only one that yet more gun laws would effect. So you are just plain wrong.
I learn from mistakes. So all the gun violence, those are HUGE mistakes we need to stop repeating. People don't need guns like say, dialysis or oxygen. No, so let's stop kidding our selves. The constitution doesn't say anything about breathing or kidney health. But, ya know...some things transcend.

If you want to be unarmed, that’s your choice. You don’t have the right to demand the same of others.
As an American, I shouldn't be put behind the 8 ball and feel compelled to have a firearm. So far I have escaped the madness. This shouldn't be what being an American is all about. I got nothing here. I don't have a PAC that supports my right to question the second amendment. Not liberal dipshit stuff. No, grown up mature Americans tired of political madness stuff.
No one is making you buy a gun, but YOU want to stop others from doing so.

This is the same kind of jackass that will dress up in antifa hood and work somebody over with a golf club.

Jo

That, in my opinion is why the de-nationalizing hordes are so interested in grabbing them.

So was slavery.

So was genocide of native Americans

So was racism.

"We've always done it that way" isn't a good argument.

Does it make sense now? Most of us don't have to hunt for food now.

The two arguments for gun ownership today is " I needs my guns to fight off the criminals" when in fact, most gun deaths are from people you know.

The other is "I needs my guns to fights the gummit!" which is even stupider, because the government has tanks and bombers and can take you out with impunity if they really wanted to.

You are always confused about this. You Moon Bats are confused about a great many things, aren't you?

The reason that the Founding Fathers established the individual right to keep and bear is spelled out very clearly in the Constitution; "necessary for the security of a free state".

Go look it up you stupid confused uneducated Moon Bat. I guarantee you that it is in the Constitution.

Yup and they were also worried about an overbearing Government. They were more worried about the Government than anyone attacking us.

God created man and Sam Colt made them equal.

Last edited:
That, in my opinion is why the de-nationalizing hordes are so interested in grabbing them.

So was slavery.

So was genocide of native Americans

So was racism.

"We've always done it that way" isn't a good argument.

Does it make sense now? Most of us don't have to hunt for food now.

The two arguments for gun ownership today is " I needs my guns to fight off the criminals" when in fact, most gun deaths are from people you know.

The other is "I needs my guns to fights the gummit!" which is even stupider, because the government has tanks and bombers and can take you out with impunity if they really wanted to.

You are always confused about this. You Moon Bats are confused about a great many things, aren't you?

The reason that the Founding Fathers established the individual right to keep and bear is spelled out very clearly in the Constitution; "necessary for the security of a free state".

Go look it up you stupid confused uneducated Moon Bat. I guarantee you that it is in the Constitution.

Yup and they were also worried about an overbearing Government.

God created man and Sam Colt made them equal.

I read an article this morning where the deputy that was on duty at the Parkland High School is claiming that he had no legal duty to confront the shooter.

These stupid Moon Bats thinks that somebody else is going to protect them so they don't have to worry about protecting themselves. No wonder so many of them get killed in the big city Democrat shitholes with strict gun control laws that never work.

Forum List

Back