Guns are part of who we are as Americans

That's sadly true. Guns don't have that same reputation they used to. And people more often that not misuse them. When that dweeb shot up a preschool, and THEN when pro gunners sought to minimize that, that was the finial nail in the coffin. Enough.

That is blatantly untrue. The only people that misuse them are criminals. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding, and use the responsibly. They would be the only one that yet more gun laws would effect. So you are just plain wrong.
I learn from mistakes. So all the gun violence, those are HUGE mistakes we need to stop repeating. People don't need guns like say, dialysis or oxygen. No, so let's stop kidding our selves. The constitution doesn't say anything about breathing or kidney health. But, ya know...some things transcend.

If you want to be unarmed, that’s your choice. You don’t have the right to demand the same of others.
As an American, I shouldn't be put behind the 8 ball and feel compelled to have a firearm. So far I have escaped the madness. This shouldn't be what being an American is all about. I got nothing here. I don't have a PAC that supports my right to question the second amendment. Not liberal dipshit stuff. No, grown up mature Americans tired of political madness stuff.

And again you have that right to be unarmed. But you don’t have the right to demand that I be as well.
This is a moronic and ignorant statement.

No one says anyone has the ‘right’ to disarm another – rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons.

Government cannot prohibit a person from possessing a handgun, the possession of a handgun pursuant to lawful self-defense is subject to Constitutional protections.

Any law enacted making it illegal to possess a handgun would be struck down by the courts as a violation of the Second Amendment.

You’re both wrong about Katrina.

It was a rare aberration neither authorized nor sanctioned by any lawmaking body, no guns were retained by the City, and further seizures were prohibited by a Federal court.

The right to due process and the rule of law worked, ensuring that there won’t be another similar incident.

‘Ad hoc gun seizures are also unlikely to happen there, or anywhere else, again. On the heels of that DOJ investigation, the city’s police department made sweeping reforms. President Bush signed bipartisan legislation “to prohibit the confiscation of a firearm during an emergency or major disaster,” except temporarily “as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation.” And Compass, the NOPD superintendent who’d ordered the gun confiscation, is long gone. He resigned less than three weeks after issuing his fateful order.’

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/nra-hurricane-katrina-gun-confiscation/

Yet conservatives continue to propagate the Katrina lie – proving most on the right to be nothing but dishonest demagogues.

Mayor Ray Nagin was also complicit with the police chief in ordering the confiscation of guns. Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005 after which was the confiscation. The city did not reach an agreement to return the weapons until 2008. Not surprising, crime and murders skyrocketed.

That, in my opinion is why the de-nationalizing hordes are so interested in grabbing them.

So was slavery.

So was genocide of native Americans

So was racism.

"We've always done it that way" isn't a good argument.

Does it make sense now? Most of us don't have to hunt for food now.

The two arguments for gun ownership today is " I needs my guns to fight off the criminals" when in fact, most gun deaths are from people you know.

The other is "I needs my guns to fights the gummit!" which is even stupider, because the government has tanks and bombers and can take you out with impunity if they really wanted to.
The military is overwhelmingly pro second amendment so you have no argument whatsoever there... go back to school

I guess that, with the average age in the military being 20 years old or less, what you are saying is possible. Wisdom comes several years after that age grouping. However, failure to obey a lawful order is still mutiny, and can be punishable by death.

Love it when all the Libs wet the bed over legally owned guns used responsibly by law abiding citizens.
I love it when all the reichtards go berzerk when anyone thinks about gun regulation.

We already have 22,000 illegal gun laws on the books. So yes there are already regulations, on the Fed, State, and Local level. Many are severe. All are unconstitutional.

Guess you didn't know that. Also, violence, and murder are against the law.
lol

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous.

If a firearm regulatory measure is being lawfully enforced, then it’s perfectly Constitutional.

Only the courts have the authority to determine what laws are or are not Constitutional, ultimately the Supreme Court – not message board posters.

The Bill of Rights says very forcefully that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The problem with the asshole politicians is that they infringe upon the right all the time.

The problem with the filthy courts is that they are shitheads that don't apply the same strict scrutiny to that Constitutional right as they do to others and that is despicable and the reason the government gets away with taking away our liberty.

You fucking moron. History has many examples of lesser armed citizens taking power away from tyrants.

Guns are only useless to pussies like you who are afraid to use them if necessary.

I was in the Army for 11 years. Any idiot can shoot a gun. Solving problems takes a lot more than that.

Actually, what history is full of is armed people toppling bad governments and replacing them with even worse governments. Russia 1917, Cuba 1959, Iran 1979.

Love it when all the Libs wet the bed over legally owned guns used responsibly by law abiding citizens.
I love it when all the reichtards go berzerk when anyone thinks about gun regulation.

We already have 22,000 illegal gun laws on the books. So yes there are already regulations, on the Fed, State, and Local level. Many are severe. All are unconstitutional.

Guess you didn't know that. Also, violence, and murder are against the law.
lol

This is as ignorant as it is ridiculous.

If a firearm regulatory measure is being lawfully enforced, then it’s perfectly Constitutional.

Only the courts have the authority to determine what laws are or are not Constitutional, ultimately the Supreme Court – not message board posters.

And Separate but Equal was lawfully enforced as well, you doofus...and it wasn't Constitutional....Poll Taxes and literacy tests were Lawfully enforced, and they weren't constitutional either....you doofus....

Mayor Ray Nagin was also complicit with the police chief in ordering the confiscation of guns. Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005 after which was the confiscation. The city did not reach an agreement to return the weapons until 2008. Not surprising, crime and murders skyrocketed.

Well, yeah, when your economy crashes and basic services are wiped out, you are going to have more crime.... good thing there were less guns in that situation.

Well, yeah, when your economy crashes and basic services are wiped out, you are going to have more crime.... good thing there were less guns in that situation.

That didn't happen in the Great Depression you doofus...what determines the crime rate is the level of unwed teenage mothers raising young males without fathers.....there were lots of guns in private hands during the worst, democrat prolonged depression in our history, and crime didn't increase.

That is blatantly untrue. The only people that misuse them are criminals. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding, and use the responsibly. They would be the only one that yet more gun laws would effect. So you are just plain wrong.
I learn from mistakes. So all the gun violence, those are HUGE mistakes we need to stop repeating. People don't need guns like say, dialysis or oxygen. No, so let's stop kidding our selves. The constitution doesn't say anything about breathing or kidney health. But, ya know...some things transcend.

If you want to be unarmed, that’s your choice. You don’t have the right to demand the same of others.
As an American, I shouldn't be put behind the 8 ball and feel compelled to have a firearm. So far I have escaped the madness. This shouldn't be what being an American is all about. I got nothing here. I don't have a PAC that supports my right to question the second amendment. Not liberal dipshit stuff. No, grown up mature Americans tired of political madness stuff.

And again you have that right to be unarmed. But you don’t have the right to demand that I be as well.

No one says anyone has the ‘right’ to disarm another – rights concern solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons.

Government cannot prohibit a person from possessing a handgun, the possession of a handgun pursuant to lawful self-defense is subject to Constitutional protections.

Any law enacted making it illegal to possess a handgun would be struck down by the courts as a violation of the Second Amendment.

Oh really?! Then explain George Soros, explain Everytown. Explain any gun control group out there. Their entire goal is complete civilian disarmament. Banning a class of firearms based on its “looks” is a constitutional infringement. “May issue” states are a constitutional infringement. Gun registrations are a constitutional infringement. Don’t sit here & say stupid stuff because that is precisely the agenda of the Left. And the courts are not a reliable protector of rights either. That has been shown time & time again by certain circuit courts.

Lets not forget fatasses, prescrip and other drug addicts,people being treated for mental disorders, vaccines, military spending, gay marriages, pedos,the incarcerated. Give credit where due man. #1 is a hell of a long list.

You’re both wrong about Katrina.

It was a rare aberration neither authorized nor sanctioned by any lawmaking body, no guns were retained by the City, and further seizures were prohibited by a Federal court.

The right to due process and the rule of law worked, ensuring that there won’t be another similar incident.

‘Ad hoc gun seizures are also unlikely to happen there, or anywhere else, again. On the heels of that DOJ investigation, the city’s police department made sweeping reforms. President Bush signed bipartisan legislation “to prohibit the confiscation of a firearm during an emergency or major disaster,” except temporarily “as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation.” And Compass, the NOPD superintendent who’d ordered the gun confiscation, is long gone. He resigned less than three weeks after issuing his fateful order.’

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/nra-hurricane-katrina-gun-confiscation/

Yet conservatives continue to propagate the Katrina lie – proving most on the right to be nothing but dishonest demagogues.

Obviously you didn’t bother to read the linked article, remaining willfully ignorant.

The seizing of firearms was not the result of a sanctioned act of government, no elected representatives of government passed any such measure, law enforcement had no government authorization to seize firearms.

When challenged in Federal court the seizures were declared unlawful and subject to injunction; Federal legislation was enacted to prevent future occurrences.

You and others on the right who attempt to propagate the ‘Katrina’ lie succeed in only illustrating your dishonesty; references to ‘Katrina’ by conservatives fail as a slippery slope fallacy, nothing but meritless demagoguery.

That, in my opinion is why the de-nationalizing hordes are so interested in grabbing them.

So was slavery.

So was racism.

The two arguments for gun ownership today is " I needs my guns to fight off the criminals" when in fact, most gun deaths are from people you know.

The other is "I needs my guns to fights the gummit!" which is even stupider, because the government has tanks and bombers and can take you out with impunity if they really wanted to.
The military is overwhelmingly pro second amendment so you have no argument whatsoever there... go back to school

I guess that, with the average age in the military being 20 years old or less, what you are saying is possible. Wisdom comes several years after that age grouping. However, failure to obey a lawful order is still mutiny, and can be punishable by death.
The military confiscating firearms is an unlawful order...
The government would not use the military to begin with they would have to use the CIA/FBI/NSA/etc.
The military is bound to enforce the constitution not the federal government

Oh really?! Then explain George Soros, explain Everytown. Explain any gun control group out there. Their entire goal is complete civilian disarmament. Banning a class of firearms based on its “looks” is a constitutional infringement. “May issue” states are a constitutional infringement. Gun registrations are a constitutional infringement. Don’t sit here & say stupid stuff because that is precisely the agenda of the Left. And the courts are not a reliable protector of rights either. That has been shown time & time again by certain circuit courts.
lol

Yes, really!

Typical conservative ignorance and idiocy: a moronic reference to ‘Soros’ followed by a word salad.

A private citizen has the right to advocate for the enactment of a law they support – such as a firearm regulatory measure.

He has the right to advocate for a law banning handguns, but such a law won’t be enacted because it’s un-Constitutional; or if enacted, it would be invalidated by the courts because it violates the Second Amendment.

yes i have guns, no they do not make me 'free' in any symbolic ,constitutional, gub'mit coup, or zombie apocalypse senario

get over yourselves

~S~

Patricia Koney forcefully disarmed by USA ' government man' --- --- for whatever its worth .

lol

Yes, really!

Typical conservative ignorance and idiocy: a moronic reference to ‘Soros’ followed by a word salad.

A private citizen has the right to advocate for the enactment of a law they support – such as a firearm regulatory measure.

He has the right to advocate for a law banning handguns, but such a law won’t be enacted because it’s un-Constitutional; or if enacted, it would be invalidated by the courts because it violates the Second Amendment.

Very good. So you now think that banning a class of guns is unconstitutional. Same goes with ARs.

What?

The guns were confiscated from law-abiding citizens leaving them vulnerable.

How do you come up with "good thing there were less [fewer] guns in that situation"?

CBS August 29, 2007, 5:09 PM
Fighting Crime In Post-Katrina New Orleans

Two years after Katrina, the "New Orleans sound" is a familiar melody of music, rebuilding and crime.

Gun sales remain brisk in a city with a deadly distinction: It has the highest per capita murder rate in the nation with 137 killings, so far this year, and counting.

Even those trying to rebuild New Orleans are under fire, reports CBS News correspondent Byron Pitts. In the past month, three contractors have been murdered.

"I like to think I'm not paranoid, but I'm scared," says Brian LeBlanc.

These days, LeBlanc works with a hammer in hand and an assault rifle at the ready.

What prompts him to have to bring gun to work?

"That's an act of desperation, no meanness intended," he says. "That's all self-defense."

Self-defense is forcing contractor Pablo Mejia to arm himself and his workers. His son, Pablo Mejia Jr., was at a house installing a lock when he was kicked, robbed and shot in the head.

Fighting Crime In Post-Katrina New Orleans

yes i have guns, no they do not make me 'free' in any symbolic ,constitutional, gub'mit coup, or zombie apocalypse senario

get over yourselves

~S~
Correct.

The Second Amendment protects an individual – not collective – right to possess a handgun for lawful self-defense, unconnected with militia service.

There is nothing in the text, history, or case law of the Second Amendment that ‘authorizes’ a minority of private citizens to ‘overthrow’ through force of arms a lawfully and Constitutionally elected government reflecting the will of the majority of the people.

The Second Amendment doesn’t ‘trump’ the First – it does not take from the people their right to petition the government for a redress of grievances through the political (elections) or judicial process.

So was slavery.

So was racism.

The military confiscating firearms is an unlawful order...
The government would not use the military to begin with they would have to use the CIA/FBI/NSA/etc.
The military is bound to enforce the constitution not the federal government

Rustic, it is always interesting to visit your alternative universe in which the government is going to take away the guns, but the military will revolt and stop them, and will protect our republic at the point of a bayonet from the paranoids who are running everything through the Illuminie. Visiting your world is like viewing a Salvador Dali painting...

Forum List

Back