Guess what the Republican plan is to fix our economic woes?

Gee whiz, those wacky Republicans and their tax cuts.

So, how's the alternatives from Barry and the Dimocrats been working out for us?

Are you suggesting things are bad right now? Because the Bush Tax cuts are still in place and the stimulus was about 50% tax cuts soooo..tax cuts have been working great for us huh?

When the tax cuts are one time payments, they don't do anything significant to stimulate the economy. They didn't work when Bush did them in 2001 and they didn't work when Obama did them.

Cut rates permanently if you want to stimulate growth.

So what would your answer be? You've already said you'd be willing to give them more of your money. How would you keep them from just pissing that money away?

Oh... I don't know... How about an independent watchdog group, hired by us Taxpayers, independent of ideology to investigate bills that get passed in congress and make us aware of shit like Gay penis studies?

So, we the taxpayer, should spend more money so that we know what bills our money has already been wasted on? How about a simpler plan like demanding that our Congress write a budget that spends no more than the projected revenue? How about a simple plan where we demand that all money collected for social security be secured for the S.S. program and not be borrowed against?

Well... as far as the balanced budget thing... are you ready to reap the consequences of what you sow? I mean, how are we going to pay for shit that comes up? What if another Katrina happens, what if there's yet another war? What do we do? We going to raise taxes to pay for those temporary increases in Cost? Or(more likely, knowing the right), are we going to slash and burn programs?

As far as the SS thing... great. let's do it.

Gee whiz, those wacky Republicans and their tax cuts.

So, how's the alternatives from Barry and the Dimocrats been working out for us?

Are you suggesting things are bad right now? Because the Bush Tax cuts are still in place and the stimulus was about 50% tax cuts soooo..tax cuts have been working great for us huh?

When the tax cuts are one time payments, they don't do anything significant to stimulate the economy. They didn't work when Bush did them in 2001 and they didn't work when Obama did them.

Oh.... I think 10 years is plenty long enough to show that they aren't working..Permanent? gimme a break.

Once again you provide more evidence that your mental condition is in need of evaluation and treatment.

OF course, failure to worship the party and Dear Leader gets people locked up in your world.

The fact is, Obama is incompetent and has created a disaster even beyond that of Bush.

Still you mindlessly defend the indefensible, due to your partisanship and the fact that said partisanship is the basis of your identity.

Pathetic - seriously.

Oh.... I think 10 years is plenty long enough to show that they aren't working..Permanent? gimme a break.

They worked. You should look at GDP after the 2003 cuts.

If Obama passed a large cut, it might cause enough growth to get him re-elected.
But time is running out.

And Spending cuts. I mean how crazy is it to unleash the power of the people by burdening them less. Because being responsible with our tax money and burdening the people less can't possibly help them in bad economic times. It's just silly.

Burdening them less? how are you gonna do that when about 90% of the citizens of this country either rely or will need to rely on the very things your side wants to cut?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry... I'll pay $1900 more in taxes(what I "saved" through the Bush Tax Cuts at my income level) and secure my future, thank you very much. My wife and I make about $100k, if you make less than that... your tax cut was less.

It's a hell of a lot LESS of a burden to let the cuts expire and get hit a little at a time over the year than it would be to have to work till you die because you can't afford to retire.

OMG! Paying $1900 more a year is going to secure your future?
That's the funniest thing I've heard in years!

If it means that SS and Medicare remains viable... yeah.

And Spending cuts. I mean how crazy is it to unleash the power of the people by burdening them less. Because being responsible with our tax money and burdening the people less can't possibly help them in bad economic times. It's just silly.

Burdening them less? how are you gonna do that when about 90% of the citizens of this country either rely or will need to rely on the very things your side wants to cut?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry... I'll pay $1900 more in taxes(what I "saved" through the Bush Tax Cuts at my income level) and secure my future, thank you very much. My wife and I make about $100k, if you make less than that... your tax cut was less.

It's a hell of a lot LESS of a burden to let the cuts expire and get hit a little at a time over the year than it would be to have to work till you die because you can't afford to retire.

So you want to live off the backs of other people? You honestly think that is going to "Secure your future"?

Government can't secure your future. Only you and the Lord can.

You want to be idle for your final days. That's your choice. But there is no reason the American people should be paying for your retirement. And last time I checked God didn't say work 6 days and rest on the 7th until you get to a certain age. and then mooch off others.

They worked. You should look at GDP after the 2003 cuts.

If Obama passed a large cut, it might cause enough growth to get him re-elected.
But time is running out.

Oh yeah... we're rolling in it...If you are a millionaire or Billionaire. The rest of us? Not so much.

So you want to live off the backs of other people? You honestly think that is going to "Secure your future"?

Government can't secure your future. Only you and the Lord can.

You want to be idle for your final days. That's your choice. But there is no reason the American people should be paying for your retirement. And last time I checked God didn't say work 6 days and rest on the 7th until you get to a certain age. and then mooch off others.

Fuck you. You really don't get the fact that we pay into those funds, do you?

Don't give me the God speech unless you are going to live by the "judge not lest ye be judged, Obey every other "abomination" in Leviticus besides the homosexuality thing, Take the log out of your own eye before pointing out the speck in your brother's, and Most importantly...stop casting stones unless you are without sin".

When you start listening to Jesus' message for real.. don't preach to me.

Combined tax and spending cuts simply pushes some of the wealthy's burden onto the poor and middle class - there's the same amount of burden either way.

The wealthy are not investing their money in new jobs. If they were - we wouldn't be in this mess. They deposit their money in banks and the banks - presently - are just sitting on it.

Job creation comes from the ECONOMY as a fucking whole, not from individual players in it. If you've got a business, you can't expand and create new jobs without someone to buy your goods and/or services - and those folks can't buy your goods/services without having their own sources of income.

It's really kind of amazing that people don't understand this, especially after living through the downward spiral of the last administration's tax cuts.

Oh... I don't know... How about an independent watchdog group, hired by us Taxpayers, independent of ideology to investigate bills that get passed in congress and make us aware of shit like Gay penis studies?

So, we the taxpayer, should spend more money so that we know what bills our money has already been wasted on? How about a simpler plan like demanding that our Congress write a budget that spends no more than the projected revenue? How about a simple plan where we demand that all money collected for social security be secured for the S.S. program and not be borrowed against?

Well... as far as the balanced budget thing... are you ready to reap the consequences of what you sow? I mean, how are we going to pay for shit that comes up? What if another Katrina happens, what if there's yet another war? What do we do? We going to raise taxes to pay for those temporary increases in Cost? Or(more likely, knowing the right), are we going to slash and burn programs?

How about when we set up our budget based on projected revenues, we follow the states leads and calculate a small amount to be set aside in a "rainy day" fund. I want to see the same common sense budgeting from Congress that I'd expect to see in a family situation. And while you're bitching about the Bush tax cuts.. please take note of the fact that Obama, in an effort to appear to be doing something, cut the employee contribution to S.S. to 4.2% . In case you're not aware, Grandma's monthly check is paid for by today's contributions. We're already struggling to pay Grandma and yet Obama decides to reduce collections. Do you see a problem there?

Combined tax and spending cuts simply pushes some of the wealthy's burden onto the poor and middle class - there's the same amount of burden either way.

The wealthy are not investing their money in new jobs. If they were - we wouldn't be in this mess. They deposit their money in banks and the banks - presently - are just sitting on it.

Job creation comes from the ECONOMY as a fucking whole, not from individual players in it. If you've got a business, you can't expand and create new jobs without someone to buy your goods and/or services - and those folks can't buy your goods/services without having their own sources of income.

It's really kind of amazing that people don't understand this, especially after living through the downward spiral of the last administration's tax cuts.

No fucking shit. Righties could give a crap about real historical fact - its all just theory to them. Their theory says lower taxes=always good higher taxes=always bad - so the fact that Clinton raised taxes and it didn't kill a booming economy - and the fact that Bush I raised them and it didn't cause a depression - and the fact that Bush II lowered them and it didn't lead to a boom - is irrelevant, because they know their theory must be right, FOX News says so.

How about when we set up our budget based on projected revenues, we follow the states leads and calculate a small amount to be set aside in a "rainy day" fund. I want to see the same common sense budgeting from Congress that I'd expect to see in a family situation. And while you're bitching about the Bush tax cuts.. please take note of the fact that Obama, in an effort to appear to be doing something, cut the employee contribution to S.S. to 4.2% . In case you're not aware, Grandma's monthly check is paid for by today's contributions. We're already struggling to pay Grandma and yet Obama decides to reduce collections. Do you see a problem there?

Sure I do... but I also know that most working Americans are struggling mightily... I understand why he did it... but I don't agree with it.

Republicans are retards who have been brainwashed to believe that spending cuts are the only way to reduce deficit when it reality its only one way or part of a strategy to reduced the deficit. Unfortunately they reject too many things that would help reduce the deficit and help all Americans, rejecting the single payer system and public option is just one way they've shown that they dedicated to sticking it to those with less money and asking them to sacrifice while suggesting that the rich should do nothing except be rewarded.

Sure I do... but I also know that most working Americans are struggling mightily... I understand why he did it... but I don't agree with it.

And while that individual 2% they're saving will not go anywhere in fixing their
daily struggles, that collective 2% loss is crippling S.S. Everything this administration has done shows that they have no clue how to manage money and yet you think we should give them more. I simply don't understand your logic.

you do realize that compainies are sitting on two point five trillion in profits and are not expanding any jobs down to the little people,right?

Says who? The Marxist Times?......:cuckoo:

And while that individual 2% they're saving will not go anywhere in fixing their
daily struggles, that collective 2% loss is crippling S.S. Everything this administration has done shows that they have no clue how to manage money and yet you think we should give them more. I simply don't understand your logic.

What part of I don't agree with the decision do you not understand?

With the clauses written into the amendment.

Was that, that hard?

Then WHY would you want to give Congress and Obama MORE money?

Then WHY would you want to give Congress and Obama MORE money?

So... what you are saying is that the 2% cut in the FICA is a mistake.... but you don't want it to go back to the way it was because.... it gives Obama more money?

Wow...Can't win either way with you, can they?

Forum List

Back