Guess what the Republican plan is to fix our economic woes?

And Spending cuts. I mean how crazy is it to unleash the power of the people by burdening them less. Because being responsible with our tax money and burdening the people less can't possibly help them in bad economic times. It's just silly.

Healthcare?.....cut taxes
Recession?.....cut taxes
Balance the budget?.....cut taxes
Go to war?........cut taxes
Budget surplus?.......cut taxes
Budget shortfall?....cut taxes

It would be funny if it weren't true

Id be happy if they just cut the Fed limo fleet down a bit, 4 mil a year to run a limo?

Ugh, whats with libs and limos anyways? Like crack to a crack head.

Recession?.....cut taxes

Have you got the message yet, or did you need another whipping in the next election?

Wrong clueless one....Tax reform, cut regulations, produce our own energy in this country, and kick Obama's ass out in 2012 then get rid of Obama care:cool:

You're a fuckin' radical, terrorist, or racist, take your pick, you're it!

:cuckoo: Clone... What kind of response is that? if that's all you libs got, I see a landslind next year. That kind of stupidity isn't going to fly...Not quite "Hope and Change" anymore is it?

Gee whiz, those wacky Republicans and their tax cuts.

So, how's the alternatives from Barry and the Dimocrats been working out for us?

If the GnOP had accepted the President's offer of 4 billion in cuts AND in revenue increases, it would have worked out fine. We wouldn't have gotten downgraded. It was the Republican intransience that caused our downgrade. Of course, it was mostly Republican policies that got us this economy in the first place...

And Spending cuts. I mean how crazy is it to unleash the power of the people by burdening them less. Because being responsible with our tax money and burdening the people less can't possibly help them in bad economic times. It's just silly.

Burdening them less? how are you gonna do that when about 90% of the citizens of this country either rely or will need to rely on the very things your side wants to cut?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry... I'll pay $1900 more in taxes(what I "saved" through the Bush Tax Cuts at my income level) and secure my future, thank you very much. My wife and I make about $100k, if you make less than that... your tax cut was less.

It's a hell of a lot LESS of a burden to let the cuts expire and get hit a little at a time over the year than it would be to have to work till you die because you can't afford to retire.

from the link;

Obama said analysts "doubted our political system's ability to act," and he called again for Congress to respond with a deficit-reduction plan that includes taxes as well as budget cuts. A committee to be created next week will have three months to devise a plan cutting at least $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

That's comically low. $150 billion a year in cuts is utter bullshit and shows that the left should never be allowed near tax money.

That was immediately rebuffed by House and Senate Republican leaders — yet another sign that the grand compromise S&P yearns for will be tough to reach. Proof that the left demands tyranny. Thier way or fuck you. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor released a memo to all House Republicans arguing that despite the S&P downgrade, they must hang tough against tax increases in the fall and take the issue to voters in 2012.

The horror that we get to keep money on our pockets and not in the hands of the people that will waste it.

The president said the U.S. financial system remains strong and will get stronger with a "balanced" deficit reduction plan that asks wealthy Americans to pay their fair share. "Our problems are eminently solvable," he said.

So he plans on taxing those that don't pay taxes now? Like GE and the middleclass on down?

S&P, in its downgrade, criticized the debt-ceiling deal reached last week by Obama and Congress. It calls for more than $900 billion in spending cuts over 10 years and an additional $1.5 trillion to be determined by the special committee. If the latter cuts don't materialize, $1.2 trillion would be cut automatically over a decade from defense and domestic programs.

S&P is calling for spending cuts. Gee, people that understand money agree with the GOP and imply that the left is wrong.

stunner

Ravi, you should read the whole link next time.

Last edited:
It's easy to cut the budget.

1. Cut subsidies to business, cut on the side deals to other countries (Pakistan, and so on), and stop wasting large sums of money feeding the money hole otherwise known as the Defense budget. That would get the US out of debt at least, and provide a surplus.

2. Get someone with a brain to look over the US healthcare system, if the US is serious to have a European styled healthcare system it could start by making it actually work like one aka with doctors that turn up on time, don't leave people dying at the door, standard wages across the board, and maybe even modern and working equipment at public hospitals. Kill the bureaucratic mess which is the US health care system, and start again. That would probably save a few trillion right there, not to mention save a few million lives; and end the mess which is public health insurance.

3. Make the US a manufacturing center again, bring the jobs back home from China, build cars, computers or something, anything; better than being a debt ridden economy with a massive trade deficit with other countries.

Do all three, and the crisis is over within ten or twenty years, and the US has a budget surplus it can boast about; unfortunately no one has the guts or the power to do anything. Expect the debt to go away in 50 years, plus interest payments well into the future.

Recession?.....cut taxes

Ity isnt true.

Recession....DONT LIFT THE EXUISTING TAX CUTS....not CUT TAXES
Got to war....WHo said cut taxes????????
Budget surplus.....a great time to cut taxes especially if in a recession
Budget shortfall.....Who said to cut taxes??????

Why must you make things up? Are you that insecure about your position? Maybe you should consider changing it then.

Burdening them less? how are you gonna do that when about 90% of the citizens of this country either rely or will need to rely on the very things your side wants to cut?

What a bunch of crap. Sorry... I'll pay $1900 more in taxes(what I "saved" through the Bush Tax Cuts at my income level) and secure my future, thank you very much. My wife and I make about $100k, if you make less than that... your tax cut was less.

It's a hell of a lot LESS of a burden to let the cuts expire and get hit a little at a time over the year than it would be to have to work till you die because you can't afford to retire.

So..what's stopping you from sending in that check? No one says you're limited to just contributing the minimum due. Go ahead...we'll watch.

Wrong clueless one....Tax reform, cut regulations, produce our own energy in this country, and kick Obama's ass out in 2012 then get rid of Obama care:cool:

You're a fuckin' radical, terrorist, or racist, take your pick, you're it!

:cuckoo: Clone... What kind of response is that? if that's all you libs got, I see a landslind next year. That kind of stupidity isn't going to fly...Not quite "Hope and Change" anymore is it?

I was being sarcastic, I couldn't agree with you more.

Recession?.....cut taxes

Obamas deficits have cost more than the wars. How's that workin out for us?

Forum List

Back