Guess the race -25,000 Households In Baltimore To Get Water Shut Off This Week For Not Paying Bills

That's entirely irrelevant. Humans need water to survive, that's a fact, like it or lump it.
Ergo it's not a luxury. The fact that you wish them not to live could not possibly be more meaningless.

As we explained in the OP, water that is purified and pumped into your house IS a luxury. Water by itself is essential but you can get all of that you want by going to a lake or stream. THINK

Water itself still isn't a "luxury".
Got a map of Baltimore showing the "lakes or streams" you can go get drinkable water in?

LMAO having lights and heat are luxuries? Wow....Electric and water companies charge OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money. 1st it should be capped,eventually moving towards complete government control over ALL utilities and using tax dollars to pay for it..at same time start putting money into better ways to warm homes,light homes etc.

HAHAHA. So you want EVERYONE'S heat and water and light to be paid for by govt??? What incentive would people have to conserve under such a system.? THINK
So you think people would just go all out and leave lights on and water on for the hell of it? Good lord....its a mixed bag of what needs to happen . Government control of utilities,work programs for ALL on welfare,or training them for new jobs etc,caps on how much electricity and water can be charged for etc.

That's entirely irrelevant. Humans need water to survive, that's a fact, like it or lump it.
Ergo it's not a luxury. The fact that you wish them not to live could not possibly be more meaningless.

As we explained in the OP, water that is purified and pumped into your house IS a luxury. Water by itself is essential but you can get all of that you want by going to a lake or stream. THINK

Water itself still isn't a "luxury".
Got a map of Baltimore showing the "lakes or streams" you can go get drinkable water in?
Water is neither a luxury nor a "right".

Bad economy....what are you going to pay last?

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

Not everyone is as well off as speeders

The water comes free...that's what the Welfare Check is for; not beer, cigarettes, and crack.

If Baltimore is in uproar over not paying water bills, they can pay more tax to give others that don't pay their bills a free ride.

I only use public water to wash hands, clean teeth, clean dishes, and have a shower. All the other water is bought from the supermarket, as I wouldn't trust public water in big quantities down my throat.

If Baltimore is in uproar over not paying water bills, they can pay more tax to give others that don't pay their bills a free ride.

I only use public water to wash hands, clean teeth, clean dishes, and have a shower. All the other water is bought from the supermarket, as I wouldn't trust public water in big quantities down my throat.

That's what I did when I lived in New Orleans. I figure, "trust public officials in a city where everybody gets their job based on 'who you know' and 'who's your daddy?' Don't think so". Then I looked around for sources of spring water and stayed with that.

Where I live now there's a natural spring up the road (as well as the one in the mountain that supplies the neighborhood). It's all clean and drinkable, since it hasn't been polluted by a surrounding city. But those that live in such a city don't have that luxury.

And I use the term ironically.

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

Yeah, like the American poor pay for any of that. Hell, they've even got Obamaphones now.
Between me and my wife we make less than 25k a year since our labor is stolen from us and we have no unions to help fight back. My check pays rent,my wife's pays electric bill and cell phone bill because cell phone is cheaper than house phone....

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

Yeah, like the American poor pay for any of that. Hell, they've even got Obamaphones now.
Between me and my wife we make less than 25k a year since our labor is stolen from us and we have no unions to help fight back. My check pays rent,my wife's pays electric bill and cell phone bill because cell phone is cheaper than house phone....
What does the government pay for?

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

You mean what does my taxes pay for? Insurance.

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

You and your wife make less than 25k annually and you pay income tax?

Rent
Heat
Phone
Water

They take taxes out of EVERY check.

They take taxes out of EVERY check.
How much can they take and how much isn't refunded?

Electricity and Water should not be thing to be bought and paid for....more scum trying to make a buck off of poor folks white black latino asian I don't give a shit.

It's a commodity like food. If you use it, pay for it. If you don't want to pay, don't use it.

Electricity and Water should not be thing to be bought and paid for....more scum trying to make a buck off of poor folks white black latino asian I don't give a shit.

As someone who works for an electric utility company...... how the Hell do you expect these people to get electricity (or clean water); both of which are LUXURIES not Rights; if they don't want to pay the people who create and distribute it.
LMAO having lights and heat are luxuries? Wow....Electric and water companies charge OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money. 1st it should be capped,eventually moving towards complete government control over ALL utilities and using tax dollars to pay for it..at same time start putting money into better ways to warm homes,light homes etc.

What about those who don't pay the taxes that fund those utilities?

Forum List

Back