Guardians of the Galaxy

in the 50' and 60's he was always just a well built guy.....after Rob Liefeld came out EVERYONE was built like like super steroid freak.....

I find it difficult to believe that someone hired Liefield, and I'm totally mystified as to how he became the trend-setting superstar comic artist.

As evidence, I post Liefield's Captain America. No, this isn't a joke image. It's Rob Liefield doing his best to draw a serious cover-worthy image of Captain America.

rob_liefeld.jpeg

And no, he can't draw women either. They all have extreme scoliosis and 6" waists, plus the obligatory gigantic breasts.

40_medium.gif

in the 50' and 60's he was always just a well built guy.....after Rob Liefeld came out EVERYONE was built like like super steroid freak.....

I find it difficult to believe that someone hired Liefield, and I'm totally mystified as to how he became the trend-setting superstar comic artist.

As evidence, I post Liefield's Captain America. No, this isn't a joke image. It's Rob Liefield doing his best to draw a serious cover-worthy image of Captain America.

rob_liefeld.jpeg

And no, he can't draw women either. They all have extreme scoliosis and 6" waists, plus the obligatory gigantic breasts.

40_medium.gif

Those are Swayback Super Heroes.

I was thinking that Superman should start studying Kung Fu because every time he get's a dose of Krytonite he get's his ass kicked. Maybe Batman could teach him some moves........

that's pretty retarded logic, much like your political posts.

kryptonite takes away his power, his fighting style isn't even relevant in the equation

after the second movie they destroyed Superman....

Yeah, but watching them again now, there really wasn't much to destroy. :lol: Even the first two movies are pretty terrible.

for 1979 they were pretty dam good.....did you catch any comic stuff before them?.....pretty awful....the first 1 and 3/4 of the 2nd movie were done by a guy who actually had read a comic.....Richard Donner.....after that forget it.....now Synder is going to probably ruin the Superman/Batman mythos.....

I wouldn't think of denying their relevance in the realm of comic book movies, or that they were very good at the time.

They are not, however, movies that I can watch now and still enjoy. They were pretty poorly written and super cheesy. The quality of comic book movies has improved greatly since then.

revive it you meant

; )

if you are talking to me GT how is he going to revive it?....Batman was not 20 years older than Superman.....and they were very close friends.....from what i understand this movie is being based on a Frank Miller Graphic Novel that is very different than all those World Finest Comics which kinda established their relationship...........so you will have to explain what you mean....

In the sense of reviving interest and refining the details to make a neat story an epic one
well the movie may be a big one or it may not....the complaints i have read in the comic "chat" rooms is of course opposition to Ben Affleck,....the guy just aint liked to well.......Zack Snyder has lots of opposition too....many thought he did a sub par job with Superman and will do likewise here....and many dont like the fact that this is supposed to nothing like the partnership that these 2 have developed in 45 years worth of the Worlds Finest Comics series......many,me included, dont like the fact that Batman apparently will be in his early 50's......so we will see.....hey i hope its done well for the sake of Comics....i grew up with these things.....but i am skeptical of this one....

rob_liefeld.jpeg

40_medium.gif

yea i did not care for his artwork.....he was the reason i lost interest in comics....it seemed every Artist started drawing the same way.....every male hero had 22 inch biceps..... i read Valient a lot in the 80's....when the lean normally built Dr.Solar all of a sudden appeared with a massive build.....that was it....i just could not get into them anymore....they were all the same now.....as far as i was concerned....

Overcriticizing art is frivolous. Its there for enjoyment, keep on that frame of mind and everyone wins. Even Napoleon Dynamite made millions. Let your purist guard down a bit.

kryptonite takes away his power, his fighting style isn't even relevant in the equation

and when i was reading them back in the day.....Batman had taught him earth hand to hand combat and Superman knew a form of Kryptonian martial arts which he conveyed in part to Batman..........

Yeah, but watching them again now, there really wasn't much to destroy. :lol: Even the first two movies are pretty terrible.

for 1979 they were pretty dam good.....did you catch any comic stuff before them?.....pretty awful....the first 1 and 3/4 of the 2nd movie were done by a guy who actually had read a comic.....Richard Donner.....after that forget it.....now Synder is going to probably ruin the Superman/Batman mythos.....

I wouldn't think of denying their relevance in the realm of comic book movies, or that they were very good at the time.

They are not, however, movies that I can watch now and still enjoy. They were pretty poorly written and super cheesy. The quality of comic book movies has improved greatly since then.

no argument there.....but compared to the shit before Superman 1.....Superman 1 was a tremendous improvement.....

Emissions are created in the development and construction of electric cars, therefor they should not be built. Just the same radical thought process Liberal Enviros apply to everyone else.

Emissions are created in the development and construction of electric cars, therefor they should not be built. Just the same radical thought process Liberal Enviros apply to everyone else.

H....are you in the right thread?......this is about comics movies....

Overcriticizing art is frivolous. Its there for enjoyment, keep on that frame of mind and everyone wins. Even Napoleon Dynamite made millions. Let your purist guard down a bit.

I'm amazed anyone is so far up their arse, they actually care.
It's a movie - enjoy it.

Just saw this one the other day. I enjoyed it.

The special effects were good, the jokes were funny, the "oldies" inspired sound track was awesome, and the cast were all basically great for their roles.

I laughed out loud through pretty much the whole movie, as did everyone else in the theater where I saw it.

My only real complaint was with some of the writing. They were so busy making jokes while breezing over important plot elements in some scenes that I had a hard time following what was going on.

However, that is really only a minor complaint, all things considered.

Overall...

8 out of 10

The jokes make it as stupid as Jar-Jar did the prequels? Compared to the 4-6 ones, the 1-3 with Jar-Jar and other jokes made it feel more like kids' movies than the adult-vibe of at least 4 and 5, 6 started going off the rails with the Ewoks I think. :)

No, to the contrary, the humor was actual rather witty, and quite adult.

Jar-Jar was clearly meant to appeal almost exclusively to brain-dead toddlers with Down's Syndrome. :lol:

As with all of your other posts, you take everything the wrong way.

I don't know what your problem is but try, just for once, to leave your nasty attitude behind when you talk to people, especially when the topic is non-political.

Imagine if what you said to someone here would get your lights punched out if you said it in person, maybe it's a good idea not to say it at all.

Last edited:

I don't know what your problem is but try, just for once, to leave your nasty attitude behind when you talk to people. Imagine if what you said to someone here would get your lights punched out if you said it in person, maybe it's a good idea not to say it at all.

I don't have to worry about getting my lights punched out. I'm well trained and maintained for that, chubby.

Also - stfu. You're an idiot and will continue to be treated as such. Superman needs kung fu to counter kryptonite? That's derp derp logic, consistent with all of your other derp derp logic.

I don't know what your problem is but try, just for once, to leave your nasty attitude behind when you talk to people. Imagine if what you said to someone here would get your lights punched out if you said it in person, maybe it's a good idea not to say it at all.

I don't have to worry about getting my lights punched out. I'm well trained and maintained for that, chubby.

Also - stfu. You're an idiot and will continue to be treated as such. Superman needs kung fu to counter kryptonite? That's derp derp logic, consistent with all of your other derp derp logic.

It was meant as a joke. Not to be taken seriously. Try developing a sense of humor.

Internet bad-asses are a dime a dozen bubba.

People that can't be civil usually have issues like a short dick, are bi-polar, or were abused by their classmates when they were kids.

You often tell me to grow up. I suggest you take your own advice.

Last edited:
im not the internet badass who spoke of punching lights out, genius

god damn you fail so much

im not the internet badass who spoke of punching lights out, genius

god damn you fail so much

Is English your second language?

You always take everything so literally.

Just lighten up a bit.

I'm not feeling bad for being a dick to you, no matter how hard you try and play a gentleman. You're one of the delusional people in this Country who divides it, takes everything to the extreme in cynicism and are down right polluted emotionally thus logically.

I can't help but dislike that.

I'm a dick to all dicks, and what you do? Take every little fart, burp and cough a member of the "other" team does and make wine threads obsessively (daily) about them and make mountains out of mole-hills, conspiracies out of non-events? Is WRONG. Morally.

Forum List

Back