Growing Hidden White Racism

Racism is a bit like herpes.

Its the gift that keeps on giving.

It breaks out and is terribly painful for a while, then it receeds living in the nerve center of the body politic, waiting for another time when the body politic is weak enough for another outbreak.

Now this board has to be one of the most overtly racist places I have ever seen.

It's way sicker than our society generally, GOP leadership excluded from that society, of course.

You're not making sense, Annie. No one is talking about "rejection of established rules", we're talking about open advocation of racial bias against a black President (and subsequently the black population) in America. The definition is clear, as is shown here:

CNN: Death Threats Against Obama Increase By 400 Percent | The Public Record

Report: Antagonism Towards President Obama, Changing Racial Demographics Spur U.S. Hate Group Rise | The Hinterland Gazette

NOTHING there about "liberals" or white backlash 40 years hence affirmative action. So again, how do YOU and JimBowie get from point A to point B with your assertions?

First, they don't get their talking points from The Hinderland Gazette. Second they may be a tad more discerning when they see statistics that quote any 400% increase. If I add 4 pennies to one penny, then I've effected a 400% increase in the amount of money I have: Is that significant? No, but it sounds impressive.

The bottom line is it is more than a little stupid to assume that almost 70 million Americans would vote for a mandingo in 2008, but that any significant number would hate mandingos in 2012 simply because one is the US President.

A standard ploy by clowns like Sammy here is to IGNORE all but one out of context quote from a source and then tack on their supposition and conjecture to treat their new creation as a the SOLE important "fact" from a source. Then they base all their following efforts in that vein.

Sorry Sammy, but that dog of yours won't fly. Rational, honest people who do NOT print bigoted words as a race baiting ploy will read the WHOLE information contained in the links.....and thus see that my questions to JimBowie and Annie remain valid.

I did read the articles (blogs): Did YOU?

There is no calculation of the 400% "meteoric rise" in death threats. We have nothing but the author's shrill pamplet to support your absurd assertations.

Rather than regurgitating whatever idiotic opinion you run across on the internets, you might do well to consider whether or not it at least contains something revalent.

Obama failed to turn Confederate Republican bigots from their disgusting ways? Give me a break.

Lol, rdean chiming in for his comment from the peanut gallery.

Thank you RDean!

I hope you realise that rdean isn't bright enough to understand sarcasim, and that you've just inspired him to create two dozen threads about EvilBushCheneyExxonMobilAnitsciencebabykillinbowhunting Republicans

In order for racism to still exist, it has to be redefined. Disagree with obama's policies and it's racisim. Asking that black people abide by the same rules as everyone else is racist. A racist describes an attacker as black. Since there is no real racisim, liberals and black race baiters had to invent subliminal racisim. Subliminal racisim is basically anything they say it is.

Are you insinuating that the more overt forms of bigotry and racism are in the majority of "liberals" who no longer support such issues as "affirmative action"?

No, the inference to be had was that the use of the 'race card' regarding differences in what should be policies, have caused many to recognize the problems with PC. Affirmative action type policies had their place in 60's and mid-70's, should have been dropped then. Bakke should have won. But the court ruled otherwise. There really was barely a blip, PC had established it's foothold. But the still waters run deep. The problem was obvious.

Now it's in the open. Reverse discrimination is wrong. Minorities are being tarred with the actions.

Before going all 'racist' on me, my take would be that if a company chose to hire a minority company or individual, BECAUSE that would bring in more business, fine. IF a student comes from an area/school/family with less advantages than 'average', a university can take their scores and disadvantages into consideration, PROVIDED that it is on income or lack thereof, not race.

After rejecting Bakke to accept the incompentent Patrick Chavis, Bakke did go on to become a respected doctor. Patrick Chavis was never qualified to be a doctor, not with all the affirmative action in the world. His incompetence killled several patients, he lost his license and was shot to death at a Foster's Freeze in Hawthorne California.

Affirmative action is like putting lipstick on a pig. Not even the pig wearing the lipstick, just putting it up there.

Incorrect. Chavis became an OB/Gyn and worked in inner-city LA for years. It went bad when he switched to become a plastic surgeon and was accused of malpractice by three women. One died, not several.

In any case, there's no statistical correlation between AA and malpractice, and how Chavis turned out.

I m not talking about mere bigotry or preference for ones own. The sspread of white attitudes that dismiss blacks as sub-human, in effect, is becoming more blatant with each day.

The comments on this story:
Cops: Teen Beaten Unconscious Following Dodge Ball Fight « CBS Houston
illustrates what I am talking about. This kind of thing was not often read on sites prior to Obama and when they did bob to the surface like a toilet bowl floater, they were almost immediately denounced in such strident terms that the idiot would go elsewhere.

Not any more.

And having grown up in the South in the sixties, I remember that the sort of people who would talk racist trash post 64 were a minority of low income whites, but not educated whites. In the past two weeks I have overheard three racist comments by white men who were dressed proffessionally and twice I was told to my face blatantly racist things like, 'F^&* Obama, that damned N*$%^r. Things wont get better till that monkey gets thrown from office.'

The guy who said that wasn wearing a sweat stained blue collar shirt, or overalls like one might have expected low-brow racists to wear after the 64 Civil Rights Act. This man is a financial pro handling lots of loans to commercial outfits and was very well dressed at the time.

Obama has failed to lead this country toward a non-racial vision, instead giving free reign to the race baitors and making the situation far worse.

I pray it does not explode, but I fear it eventually will.

Obama failed to turn Confederate Republican bigots from their disgusting ways? Give me a break.
There are no "Confederates." There once were KKK groups growing out of the Democrat Party, but since Eisenhower desegregated schools in Little Rock, Arkansas, those things have decreased and equality has increased. Obama unfortunately has pushed the envelope over the edge of equality and wants superiority, not equality, for blacks.

We all need to come together on equality as a goal, and not superiority of any particular race or creed. Republicans are the antislavery party since their beginning in 1854. Bringing an entire cultural group up does not have to impinge on equal opportunities. Equality is here. Enslaving taxpayers who are working is not part of the equality plan. That goes against Republican anti-slavery tenets.

Being the best that one can be and working to get that way is the best way to earn the American dream. It's out there, but it's not free. It is just a goal. If one sets a goal and starts a savings program young in life and makes wise investments, the American dream is within rich, whether you're white, black, brown, red-skinned, asian, or latino.

Talking about race does not make one a racist. Opposing a person of color who is doing the wrong thing is not racist. Racist behaviors include: name-calling; relegating someone of a different cultural background than oneself to the worst seats in a theatre, plane, bus, or cruise ships; forcing groups comprised chiefly of one ethnic group to bear more burdens than those of different ethnicity; political causes threatening members of a different race;choosing people of one ethnicity over another to fill a job rather than an appropriate analysis of their resume backed up by checking statements made on the resume; separate public necessary rooms, water fountains, etc.

I've seen these things vanish from America, and I do not miss them. It's a far more equal world than it ever was. But when a President wrongfully accuses his political opposition of racism before their argument is heard, when they are known to be colorblind - that would be considered racism as well, even though it is the reverse of another era.

So this racism is so hidden it's been determined it's growing, huh? I bet it has something to do with whomever blabbed about our plans for dirty air and water. Damn loose lips!

Comparing ideological dehumanization to littering: are you serious?

No one has plans for dirty air, etc. To my knowledge no one has any plans to set up death camps either; they are simply stating that blacks are too stupid to be regarded as truly human. They call blacks feral, and some are, just like there are some whites that I would describe as feral and they far outnumber blacks.

But it is in the dehumanization of other groups of people that the worst things are born that lead to apartheid, concentration camps, death squads, etc.

Last edited:
and universities, the more selective the more influence it has.

Many universities around the U.S. are now prohibited from using race as a consideration in admissions. Try to keep up.

Many counties in the South no longer administer reading tests before one can vote. Try to keep up.

Hmm, both still sound pretty outrageous to me.

In order for racism to still exist, it has to be redefined. Disagree with obama's policies and it's racisim. Asking that black people abide by the same rules as everyone else is racist. A racist describes an attacker as black. Since there is no real racisim, liberals and black race baiters had to invent subliminal racisim. Subliminal racisim is basically anything they say it is.

When some one says, 'I dont like blacks, they smell weird.' That is bigotry as it isnt reflective enough to qualify as an ism. It makes no assertions other than the individuals distate for a group different from what they are used to.

Now when a person says that blacks are subhuman, feral and the criminal element the most representative of how blacks behave due to their jungle breeding*, THAT is racism.

*Note that I do not believe that the italicized and underlined sttement is true. I am simply using it as an example of a truly racist assertion.

Bunky, legacy students have never been on par with affirmative action. As for my own opinion, stop legacies too.

We are agreed to include legacy students...but numbers are not the issue, as legacy students existed LONG before affirmative action. A cumulative study would be REAL interesting.

Now, how about answering my previous questions?

I'm not going back. I come to where I left, that's it. So you agree that both affirmative action and legacies should take their place on the rocks of history. Good on ya.

Then you once again demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty and cowardice, Annie. The chronology of the post shows YOU and JimBowie making statements that neither of you can substantiate or corroborate beyond your personal opinions, supposition and conjecture. I provided fact based evidence to the contrary, yet YOU STILL refuse to acknowledge your error.

Your "not going back" is just willful ignorance on your part, Annie....either that or insipid stubborness. No sense in me continuing to deal with either trait. You may have the last predictable word.

It has to do with what they are calling racism. It isn't It's a rejection of what has become 'established' rules.

You're not making sense, Annie. No one is talking about "rejection of established rules", we're talking about open advocation of racial bias against a black President (and subsequently the black population) in America. The definition is clear, as is shown here:

CNN: Death Threats Against Obama Increase By 400 Percent | The Public Record

Report: Antagonism Towards President Obama, Changing Racial Demographics Spur U.S. Hate Group Rise | The Hinterland Gazette

NOTHING there about "liberals" or white backlash 40 years hence affirmative action. So again, how do YOU and JimBowie get from point A to point B with your assertions?

Affirmative ACtion is not needed to spur white 'backlash'. The minority prone to this stuff will find whatever reasons that they need.

Okay, so you and I are clear now that Affirmative Action IS NOT a factor in the level of anti-black racism in this country since Obama took office. Let's see what else you've got to say.

But our first black President has not been proof of moving into a 'post racial' society, but the threshold for proving one is not racist has been moved even higher. Now you are a racist if you simply think that there is no more major forms of racism in the US. How can anyone defend themselves with such ideological nuttery?

How did YOU come to this conclusion? And to whom do you accredit these assertions to?

So, some have hit their limit and are saying, 'screw it. dont care what anyone thinks' and just unloading only to discover that many others think and feel the same way.

See the previous question.

Then we have the way the Holder DOJ has refeused to prosecute blacks under hate crime violations or civil rights violations as though that is opnly for whites. The President has on several occasions jumped the gun and commented in favor of a minority in some controvercy or anoother only to find out that the early press storylines were misleading.

Back up, son. First you have to show me EXACTLY what cases you're referring to regarding the DOJ. And PUH-LEEZE get over the FACT that the PRESIDENT was asked a direct question regarding the dubious actions of local police regarding a noted historian and celebrity of whom the President is personally acquainted with. All one has to do is READ ALL THE INFORMATION on that case to see that indeed the President's assessment WAS ACCURATE. TFB if closeted sheet wearers are grinding their teeth in frustration because a black man in power spoke up for a black man wronged by cops when asked.

Whites see that kind of crap and many of them draw the wrong conclusions, that blacks only want civil rights in order to make whites more vulnerable to crime and abuse by blacks. I cant tell you how many times I have heard this said over the last twentyyears, but the evidence simply did not support it. It is not so strongly leaning toward honest law enforcement so much these past few years, and many are taking it the wrong way.

Interesting how you suddenly go general when to referring to "whites" who are just pissed over an incident that I've clarified above. Previously, you were pointing out that these people are a "minority" who are looking for any excuse to be pissed at a black President. Now suddenly, you're giving credence to such based on cases that are easily explained in light of fact based recent history.

C'mon Jimmy....you're stubbornly trying to justify the bigotry and hatred of others...and that dog of yours just won't fly...ESPECIALLY when the FBI stats contradict your personal viewpoints

FBI — Hate Crimes Remain Steady

Last edited:
When some one says, 'I dont like blacks, they smell weird.' That is bigotry as it isnt reflective enough to qualify as an ism. It makes no assertions other than the individuals distate for a group different from what they are used to.

Now when a person says that blacks are subhuman, feral and the criminal element the most representative of how blacks behave due to their jungle breeding*, THAT is racism.

No, they are both racist statements.

And PUH-LEEZE get over the FACT that the PRESIDENT was asked a direct question regarding the dubious actions of local police regarding a noted historian and celebrity of whom the President is personally acquainted with. All one has to do is READ ALL THE INFORMATION on that case to see that indeed the President's assessment WAS ACCURATE.

Bullshit. The President spoke before he admittedly had the facts necessary to accurately assess the situation. The chief law enforcement officer in the country unjustifiably insulting law enforcement officers doing their duty is beyond inappropriate, and just one example of many indicating that obama is not fit for the office.

I m not talking about mere bigotry or preference for ones own. The sspread of white attitudes that dismiss blacks as sub-human, in effect, is becoming more blatant with each day.

The comments on this story:
Cops: Teen Beaten Unconscious Following Dodge Ball Fight « CBS Houston
illustrates what I am talking about. This kind of thing was not often read on sites prior to Obama and when they did bob to the surface like a toilet bowl floater, they were almost immediately denounced in such strident terms that the idiot would go elsewhere.

Not any more.

And having grown up in the South in the sixties, I remember that the sort of people who would talk racist trash post 64 were a minority of low income whites, but not educated whites. In the past two weeks I have overheard three racist comments by white men who were dressed proffessionally and twice I was told to my face blatantly racist things like, 'F^&* Obama, that damned N*$%^r. Things wont get better till that monkey gets thrown from office.'

The guy who said that wasn wearing a sweat stained blue collar shirt, or overalls like one might have expected low-brow racists to wear after the 64 Civil Rights Act. This man is a financial pro handling lots of loans to commercial outfits and was very well dressed at the time.

Obama has failed to lead this country toward a non-racial vision, instead giving free reign to the race baitors and making the situation far worse.

I pray it does not explode, but I fear it eventually will.

There are no "Confederates." There once were KKK groups growing out of the Democrat Party, but since Eisenhower desegregated schools in Little Rock, Arkansas, those things have decreased and equality has increased. Obama unfortunately has pushed the envelope over the edge of equality and wants superiority, not equality, for blacks.

We all need to come together on equality as a goal, and not superiority of any particular race or creed. Republicans are the antislavery party since their beginning in 1854. Bringing an entire cultural group up does not have to impinge on equal opportunities. Equality is here. Enslaving taxpayers who are working is not part of the equality plan. That goes against Republican anti-slavery tenets.

Being the best that one can be and working to get that way is the best way to earn the American dream. It's out there, but it's not free. It is just a goal. If one sets a goal and starts a savings program young in life and makes wise investments, the American dream is within rich, whether you're white, black, brown, red-skinned, asian, or latino.

Talking about race does not make one a racist. Opposing a person of color who is doing the wrong thing is not racist. Racist behaviors include: name-calling; relegating someone of a different cultural background than oneself to the worst seats in a theatre, plane, bus, or cruise ships; forcing groups comprised chiefly of one ethnic group to bear more burdens than those of different ethnicity; political causes threatening members of a different race;choosing people of one ethnicity over another to fill a job rather than an appropriate analysis of their resume backed up by checking statements made on the resume; separate public necessary rooms, water fountains, etc.

I've seen these things vanish from America, and I do not miss them. It's a far more equal world than it ever was. But when a President wrongfully accuses his political opposition of racism before their argument is heard, when they are known to be colorblind - that would be considered racism as well, even though it is the reverse of another era.

What are you talking about? Read Lee Atwater, Micheal Steele or Ken Melmann's comments on the southern strategy.

Ask John McCain about the republican run South Carolina push poll, circa 2008.

Check the Willie Horton ads or the Helms/Gant ads.

Get a clue on the topic you are discussing.

And PUH-LEEZE get over the FACT that the PRESIDENT was asked a direct question regarding the dubious actions of local police regarding a noted historian and celebrity of whom the President is personally acquainted with. All one has to do is READ ALL THE INFORMATION on that case to see that indeed the President's assessment WAS ACCURATE.

Bullshit. The President spoke before he admittedly had the facts necessary to accurately assess the situation. The chief law enforcement officer in the country unjustifiably insulting law enforcement officers doing their duty is beyond inappropriate, and just one example of many indicating that obama is not fit for the office.

Is his being black one of your examples?

First, they don't get their talking points from The Hinderland Gazette. Second they may be a tad more discerning when they see statistics that quote any 400% increase. If I add 4 pennies to one penny, then I've effected a 400% increase in the amount of money I have: Is that significant? No, but it sounds impressive.

The bottom line is it is more than a little stupid to assume that almost 70 million Americans would vote for a mandingo in 2008, but that any significant number would hate mandingos in 2012 simply because one is the US President.

A standard ploy by clowns like Sammy here is to IGNORE all but one out of context quote from a source and then tack on their supposition and conjecture to treat their new creation as a the SOLE important "fact" from a source. Then they base all their following efforts in that vein.

Sorry Sammy, but that dog of yours won't fly. Rational, honest people who do NOT print bigoted words as a race baiting ploy will read the WHOLE information contained in the links.....and thus see that my questions to JimBowie and Annie remain valid.

I did read the articles (blogs): Did YOU?

There is no calculation of the 400% "meteoric rise" in death threats. We have nothing but the author's shrill pamplet to support your absurd assertations.

Rather than regurgitating whatever idiotic opinion you run across on the internets, you might do well to consider whether or not it at least contains something revalent.

Well toodles, all you had to do is a little click and search based on the references the article makes, like I did. The 400% can be attributed to EX-Secret Service agent Ronald Kessler who wrote "In the President's Secret Service". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...reats-a-day-stretching-US-Secret-Service.html

BUT YOU ARE CORRECT THAT THE ARTICLE DID NOT ATTRIBUTE THE INFO TO KESSLER....I DEDUCED SUCH FROM MY PERSONAL PAST KNOWLEDGE OF FOLLOWING THE NEWS, AND WRONGLY ASSUMED ALL OTHER CAUGHT THE DATES AND TIMES OF THE COVERAGE.

I STAND CORRECTED AND APOLOGIZE ON THIS POINT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back