Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

I understand your point, Doc. And I agree. It's disingenuous. But it's also 100% legal. What can any of us do about it? We're not paying for so it's notlike we can stop contributing. I don't know about you, but I already turn the channel when the ads come on more often than not. It's good to, as you say, follow the money and be aware of the full picture, but in the end what can any of us do to change it?

But the doc is trying to spin this is though the force behind this is corrupt or something, and it's just his spin. You see, no matter if the force behind this movement benefits from said campaign or not, the country will, and that is a good thing.

I don't remember saying anything about corruption. Maybe you're just reading what you want to read, so you can fit me into your little "liberal" box. I'm not a liberal - and I'm not "spinning" anything. Feel free to point out where I was "spinning".

So is our 11 trillion dollar debt propaganda or not ?

I understand your point, Doc. And I agree. It's disingenuous. But it's also 100% legal. What can any of us do about it? We're not paying for so it's notlike we can stop contributing. I don't know about you, but I already turn the channel when the ads come on more often than not. It's good to, as you say, follow the money and be aware of the full picture, but in the end what can any of us do to change it?

But the doc is trying to spin this is though the force behind this is corrupt or something, and it's just his spin. You see, no matter if the force behind this movement benefits from said campaign or not, the country will, and that is a good thing.

I don't remember saying anything about corruption. Maybe you're just reading what you want to read, so you can fit me into your little "liberal" box. I'm not a liberal - and I'm not "spinning" anything. Feel free to point out where I was "spinning".

Read my post above. That explains where I'm at as far as what you've been saying better than the post you quoted here.

I'm not sure what your point is here, or how it applies to what I said...

What the hell is wrong with making a profit while telling the truth-- irregardless of motive ?

It's the way it's represented. But like Doc, I agree with the message. I just get tired of all the stupid money and influence games involved in politics as usual. If a company wants to promote awareness of any issue, why hire a fucking lobbying firm to do it? Why not just do it themselves?
Just because I happen to agree with the message doesn't make the money game any more palatable, but that's the way it is. Maybe some good will come of it this time.

But the money for donations still goes to help out "unfortunates" ... $1,000 going to a charity is the same as the government spending $1,000 of their tax dollars on a social program. The only difference is one is their choice, the other isn't.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying...

The money isn't going to "charity". It's going to a fake 501(c)3 built to disseminate their own propaganda. None of that money is going to "unfortunates" - its going to this "foundation":
Employment Policies Institute - SourceWatch, which is just an anti-labor, anti-increase in minimum wage, anti-healthcare propaganda machine.

They are helping supply jobs that way though, so yes, it is going to the "less fortunate". You do realize that Obama writes off the same things as well, same with all those who are for his policies.

Yes, of course I know that Obama is doing the same thing. Every pro-healthcare ad is paid for by 1199, just like every anti-healthcare ad is paid for by drug and insurance companies. This is how politics works now.

I don't understand why people keeping telling me that corporations and profits aren't evil... Did I say they were?

Because it seems you'd rather demonize the money behind this movement than recognize the good it can do.

You're reading what you want to read, not what I'm saying. I'm not demonizing anything. Read the damn thread.

You have concentrated on one thing and one thing only, the money behind it. Ok, we've heard it.

You have made ZERO COMMENTS on the good of this movement... why?

Does the debt exist? Of course it does. Is that pretty much the biggest problem facing our economy right now? Of course. Is it propaganda, the way that they're doing it? Of course it is.

Because it seems you'd rather demonize the money behind this movement than recognize the good it can do.

You're reading what you want to read, not what I'm saying. I'm not demonizing anything. Read the damn thread.

You have concentrated on one thing and one thing only, the money behind it. Ok, we've heard it.

Have I made any comments on how this movement is "bad'? Don't read things that I never wrote. I agree with the campaign, and I've said that a number of times in this thread already.

Does the debt exist? Of course it does. Is that pretty much the biggest problem facing our economy right now? Of course. Is it propaganda, the way that they're doing it? Of course it is.

Wha... :wtf:

Have I made any comments on how this movement is "bad'? Don't read things that I never wrote. I agree with the campaign, and I've said that a number of times in this thread already.
So... then... you're just arguing because you're a politician?

Wha... :wtf:

From Dictionary.com:

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

I think you're mistaking my tone - I don't use the term "propaganda" as a pejorative - I use it as it's definition.

Forum List

Back