Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

I agree with the OP. The national debt is out of control. We need to immediately raise taxes on those people who created this debt. Yes the wealthy 1% of taxpayers who drove this country into recession. I recommend a temperary 20% tax increase on those above the 99th percentile only until our debt is paid off.
The wealthy have profited the most off our debt. Let them pay it back

Wow ... you just know absolutely nothing about math.

I agree with the OP. The national debt is out of control. We need to immediately raise taxes on those people who created this debt. Yes the wealthy 1% of taxpayers who drove this country into recession. I recommend a temperary 20% tax increase on those above the 99th percentile only until our debt is paid off.

What glaring ignorance you are sharing here.

I suggest you study up on the debt to top 1% wage earner ratio and then come back to us and share how effective that 20% tax increase would be. And that does not even factor in the job losses and resulting loss of middle class taxes due to such a policy.

Now get to studying please...

What glaring ignorance you are sharing here.

I suggest you study up on the debt to top 1% wage earner ratio and then come back to us and share how effective that 20% tax increase would be. And that does not even factor in the job losses and resulting loss of middle class taxes due to such a policy.

Now get to studying please...

Yes sir Mr Sinatra..

I'll be right back

Basically, this is how it should be looked at:

Spending Tax Dollars = Wrong

Spending Profits = Good

As long as they are not spending my money on something, let them have at it. Whether their message is truth or not, do your own research. If you don't research the actual data and care more about who is spending their own money on it, then you clearly are just a partisan hack.

But they are spending your money. It's a "Privatize the Profits, Socialize the Losses" corporate shell game.

Wow ... the blind hatred of corporations is very clear in you. I choose what products to buy, therefore I willingly give them my money, once it leaves my hand in such a transaction, it's no longer my money. Taxes are by force, with the promise that our interests will be covered with them, that's a huge difference.

It's not hatred it's awareness. The money funneled into a non-profit is tax deductable, so what would have been tax revenue is now used for propaganda to further the corporations' own profitability. It's advertising under the radar to make it seem like regular folks need to stop acting in their best interests and support some noble cause, which isn't that noble when you strip away the layers.

The Employment Policies Institute has launched a costly, multimedia campaign to educate the public about the consequences of America's $11 trillion debt, and urge the country to reverse course.

A nonprofit advocacy group has launched a multimillion-dollar campaign to raise awareness about America's soaring federal debt.

The multimedia campaign is trying to hammer its message on all fronts. It includes a Web site -- Defeatthedebt.com, which features a rolling odometer showing the red ink at over $11 trillion -- and a startling new TV ad. The ad shows school children pledging allegiance to the national debt.

"And to the Chinese government that lends us money, and to the interest, for which we pay, compoundable, with higher taxes and lower pay until the day we die," the school children in the ad say.

Organizers say it's a critical educational campaign to inform the public of the real-world consequences of owing so much on the national credit card.

Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt - Political News - FOXNews.com

____

The commercial they are running is very effective.

The fears over an increasingly powerful China grow...

wait, they just now figured out that increasing the national debt is a bad thing?
where have they been for the last 8 years?

Mr Sinatra......are you out there?

I'm done with my learn'n about the distribution of wealth and here is what I found..

US Wealth Distribution

One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

50 individuals at the bottom have a nickel. ($0.05 times 50 = $2.50)

The next 40 each have $0.70 of wealth (40 times $0.70 - $28.00).

The next 9 each have $4.00 of wealth (nine times $4.00 = $36.00)

The last richest individual has $33.40 (one time $33.40).

So, the richest 1% controls 33.4% of our wealth. That is where the money is. If we REALLY want to attack this damn deficit, we need to go where the money is. You can't expect us to go after the 50% of Americans who only have a nickle do you?

The Employment Policies Institute has launched a costly, multimedia campaign to educate the public about the consequences of America's $11 trillion debt, and urge the country to reverse course.

A nonprofit advocacy group has launched a multimillion-dollar campaign to raise awareness about America's soaring federal debt.

The multimedia campaign is trying to hammer its message on all fronts. It includes a Web site -- Defeatthedebt.com, which features a rolling odometer showing the red ink at over $11 trillion -- and a startling new TV ad. The ad shows school children pledging allegiance to the national debt.

"And to the Chinese government that lends us money, and to the interest, for which we pay, compoundable, with higher taxes and lower pay until the day we die," the school children in the ad say.

Organizers say it's a critical educational campaign to inform the public of the real-world consequences of owing so much on the national credit card.

Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt - Political News - FOXNews.com

____

But it was ok when the shrubbery launched two elective wars on a chit..............

____

But it was ok when the shrubbery launched two elective wars on a chit..............
elective?

I'm done with my learn'n about the distribution of wealth and here is what I found..

US Wealth Distribution

One way to ‘see’ the distribution of wealth in the U.S. is to imagine a group of 100 people who have a $100 between them. Evenly distributed each would have one dollar of wealth. Alas, that is far from the actual distribution. According to the most recent study, Currents and Undercurrents, by the Survey of Consumer Finance (Federal Reserve, Department of Treasury, 2006) wealth is distributed accordingly:

So, the richest 1% controls 33.4% of our wealth. That is where the money is. If we REALLY want to attack this damn deficit, we need to go where the money is. You can't expect us to go after the 50% of Americans who only have a nickle do you?

:lol:

This is your explanation of how raising the tax rate by 20% on the top 1% wage earners will pay off the national debt?

Good one!

But they are spending your money. It's a "Privatize the Profits, Socialize the Losses" corporate shell game.

Wow ... the blind hatred of corporations is very clear in you. I choose what products to buy, therefore I willingly give them my money, once it leaves my hand in such a transaction, it's no longer my money. Taxes are by force, with the promise that our interests will be covered with them, that's a huge difference.

It's not hatred it's awareness. The money funneled into a non-profit is tax deductable, so what would have been tax revenue is now used for propaganda to further the corporations' own profitability. It's advertising under the radar to make it seem like regular folks need to stop acting in their best interests and support some noble cause, which isn't that noble when you strip away the layers.

The deductions they get are for supporting the "less fortunate", you just want to take away their choice in how they help.

US Wealth Distribution

This is your explanation of how raising the tax rate by 20% on the top 1% wage earners will pay off the national debt?

Good one!

By all means....lets think of the children! our grandchildren who will have to pay off this awful debt. The patriotic top 1% will surely not object to coughing up some of their immense wealth for the sake of these poor children who are saddled with this debt.

The ad shows school children pledging allegiance to the national debt.

Think of the children Mr Sinatra!

Last edited:

The deductions they get are for supporting the "less fortunate", you just want to take away their choice in how they help.

Madison Ave is "less fortunate" now? You're cracked.

You have no idea how to follow the money, thanks for proving that. They spend money which they have already paid taxes, that's their right, same as you. They don't write off all that you seem to think they do.

You have no idea how to follow the money, thanks for proving that. They spend money which they have already paid taxes, that's their right, same as you. They don't write off all that you seem to think they do.

You prove daily that you are an idiot.

Why wouldn't they write off everything they can? "Donations" to non-profits are tax deductible, even if those non-profits are furthering their causes.

I posted this video in the economy section, but it's not real busy down there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRY5waZ4IbE]YouTube - Defeat The Debt Pledge Commercial[/ame]

:clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back