Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

The vast increase of the debt, with the astoundingly destructive projections of future debt, is what makes it such a viable issue for today.

The Democrats bashed Bush and the Republicans for the debt - and rightfully so.

Obama has doubled down on that debt - and wishes to increase it even more with national health care, and so, the debt is even more an issue now than ever before.

Economically speaking, past debt trends were not such a critical issue.

The existing debt trends are suicidal - it is now very much an issue and has been for the last six years or so...

the point is, they are a bit late to the party

Who gives a shit... it's better LATE than NEVER. And don't tell me we can just continue the insane spending, because we CAN'T. We've finally reached the point where there's imminent collapse on the very near horizon.

Obama's on a spending frenzy, but to be honest I'm not sure even if he was responsible he could do much alone. And Congress no matter who was in control hasn't seen a dollar it didn't want to spend at least twice for decades. It's one thing to wake people up, but how do we get the people who matter to agree on a course of action - and stick to it?

Good point... what to do, what to do. But, educating the public about the problem I think is a good start. The country is stirred up already about all the spending and the "change." Throw this on the fire and we could see some fire works, which is also what I believe we need. We need big noise being made by the people to WAKE UP WASHINGTON, which I agree with you, has been completely out of control with spending FOR DECADES, dems and repubs alike. They all need their asses kicked.

We can't do this anymore. We need to stop the spending, period. Our time has run out.

Last edited:
You have no idea how to follow the money, thanks for proving that. They spend money which they have already paid taxes, that's their right, same as you. They don't write off all that you seem to think they do.

Why wouldn't they write off everything they can? "Donations" to non-profits are tax deductible, even if those non-profits are furthering their causes.

But the money for donations still goes to help out "unfortunates" ... $1,000 going to a charity is the same as the government spending $1,000 of their tax dollars on a social program. The only difference is one is their choice, the other isn't.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying...

The money isn't going to "charity". It's going to a fake 501(c)3 built to disseminate their own propaganda. None of that money is going to "unfortunates" - its going to this "foundation":
Employment Policies Institute - SourceWatch, which is just an anti-labor, anti-increase in minimum wage, anti-healthcare propaganda machine.

Who gives a shit... it's better LATE than NEVER. And don't tell me we can just continue the insane spending, because we CAN'T. We've finally reached the point where there's imminent collapse on the very near horizon.

Obama's on a spending frenzy, but to be honest I'm not sure even if he was responsible he could do much alone. And Congress no matter who was in control hasn't seen a dollar it didn't want to spend at least twice for decades. It's one thing to wake people up, but how do we get the people who matter to agree on a course of action - and stick to it?

Good point... what to do, what to do. But, educating the public about the problem I think is a good start. The country is stirred up already about all the spending and the "change." Throw this on the fire and we could see some fire works, which is also what I believe we need. We need big noise being made by the people to WAKE UP WASHINGTON, which I agree with you, has been completely out of control with spending FOR DECADES, dems and repubs alike. They all need their asses kicked.

We can't do this anymore. We need to stop the spending, period. Our time has run out.

Somebody needs to teach Washington a new/old word: P-R-I-O-R-I-T-I-Z-E.
Trying to get them to agree on a set of priorities will be a problem, but if there's a step two it has got to be to make these people understand resources are finite.

Why wouldn't they write off everything they can? "Donations" to non-profits are tax deductible, even if those non-profits are furthering their causes.

But the money for donations still goes to help out "unfortunates" ... $1,000 going to a charity is the same as the government spending $1,000 of their tax dollars on a social program. The only difference is one is their choice, the other isn't.

The money isn't going to "charity". It's going to a fake 501(c)3 built to disseminate their own propaganda. None of that money is going to "unfortunates" - its going to this "foundation":
Employment Policies Institute - SourceWatch, which is just an anti-labor, anti-increase in minimum wage, anti-healthcare propaganda machine.

Our 11 Trillion dollar debt is propaganda ?? Whew---I thought we really owed that much.

Our 11 Trillion dollar debt is propaganda ?? Whew---I thought we really owed that much.

If you would have read the thread, you would have seen that I don't disagree with the idea behind DestroyTheDebt.com - but it's ludicrous to claim that the organization has anything other than it's partners financial well being at heart.

If you would have read the thread, you would have seen that I don't disagree with the idea behind DestroyTheDebt.com - but it's ludicrous to claim that the organization has anything other than it's partners financial well being at heart.

oh the horror------If only our politicians gave a shit about America's financial well being.

oh the horror------If only our politicians gave a shit about America's financial well being.

I'm not sure what your point is here, or how it applies to what I said...

There is nothing evil about being concerned about one's financial well being---being concerned about your financial well being can actually serve to benefit others. Like paying for your own food and stuff like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

His point is that no matter what this groups motive is, the movement is good for the country.

I understand your point, Doc. And I agree. It's disingenuous. But it's also 100% legal. What can any of us do about it? We're not paying for so it's notlike we can stop contributing. I don't know about you, but I already turn the channel when the ads come on more often than not. It's good to, as you say, follow the money and be aware of the full picture, but in the end what can any of us do to change it?

I understand your point, Doc. And I agree. It's disingenuous. But it's also 100% legal. What can any of us do about it? We're not paying for so it's notlike we can stop contributing. I don't know about you, but I already turn the channel when the ads come on more often than not. It's good to, as you say, follow the money and be aware of the full picture, but in the end what can any of us do to change it?

Not much. It's the way it goes, on both sides. Politics is a dirty game - and I should know, I work in politics.

What the hell is wrong with making a profit while telling the truth-- irregardless of motive ?

But the doc is trying to spin this is though the force behind this is corrupt or something, and it's just his spin. You see, no matter if the force behind this movement benefits from said campaign or not, the country will, and that is a good thing.

There is nothing evil about being concerned about one's financial well being---being concerned about your financial well being can actually serve to benefit others. Like paying for your own food and stuff like that.

I don't understand why people keeping telling me that corporations and profits aren't evil... Did I say they were?

I don't understand why people keeping telling me that corporations and profits aren't evil... Did I say they were?

Because it seems you'd rather demonize the money behind this movement than recognize the good it can do... you've said NOTHING of that.

But the doc is trying to spin this is though the force behind this is corrupt or something, and it's just his spin. You see, no matter if the force behind this movement benefits from said campaign or not, the country will, and that is a good thing.

I don't remember saying anything about corruption. Maybe you're just reading what you want to read, so you can fit me into your little "liberal" box. I'm not a liberal - and I'm not "spinning" anything. Feel free to point out where I was "spinning".

Because it seems you'd rather demonize the money behind this movement than recognize the good it can do.

You're reading what you want to read, not what I'm saying. I'm not demonizing anything. Read the damn thread.

They are helping supply jobs that way though, so yes, it is going to the "less fortunate". You do realize that Obama writes off the same things as well, same with all those who are for his policies.

Forum List

Back