Greta Thunberg: Time Person of the Year

The coal industry is dying on it's own.
The coal industry has a savior.
trump-digs-coal-e1485921805432.jpg

Maybe you guys should boycott Time Magazine along with the other hundreds of organizations that upset you.

That's exactly what we do, and have always done.

Yea I noticed. Sooooo many organizations upset you guys.

No, just the ones that take a political stance is all. I never understood entertainment getting involved in politics.

If you are one of those kneeling clowns, or in a band, or an actor, it's completely stupid to take a political stance. About a third of your audience could care less. Another third probably agree with you. You piss off the other third because of your position.

Keep your politics to yourself, and you piss off nobody. It's the smartest route to take. After all, your source and amount of income is based on how popular you are.

This is not to say you should have no political stance, but keep it out of your work is all. Run the football and shut up. Sing and shut up. If somebody asks who you support, and you reply without demonizing the persons(s), not many really care that way.

Or maybe you're just a thin-skinned snowflake and you're way too easily offended by stupid trivial bullshit.

If I'm offended, then I just don't patronize whatever is offending me. I don't tell other people to follow along, I don't complain and whine about it like leftist snowflakes, I just don't have anything to do with them. I haven't turned on an NFL game (including our Cleveland Browns) in two years. I don't care what anybody else does.

Maybe you guys should boycott Time Magazine along with the other hundreds of organizations that upset you.

No, just the ones that take a political stance is all. I never understood entertainment getting involved in politics.

If you are one of those kneeling clowns, or in a band, or an actor, it's completely stupid to take a political stance. About a third of your audience could care less. Another third probably agree with you. You piss off the other third because of your position.

Keep your politics to yourself, and you piss off nobody. It's the smartest route to take. After all, your source and amount of income is based on how popular you are.

This is not to say you should have no political stance, but keep it out of your work is all. Run the football and shut up. Sing and shut up. If somebody asks who you support, and you reply without demonizing the persons(s), not many really care that way.

Or maybe you're just a thin-skinned snowflake and you're way too easily offended by stupid trivial bullshit.

If I'm offended, then I just don't patronize whatever is offending me. I don't tell other people to follow along, I don't complain and whine about it like leftist snowflakes, I just don't have anything to do with them. I haven't turned on an NFL game (including our Cleveland Browns) in two years. I don't care what anybody else does.

When you're offended, you guys start a thread so you can all discuss the thing that offended your delicate feels.

After about the 10th organization that you're offended by, maybe you should start to re-evaluate and understand that you're really just being a little whiny crybaby.

When you're offended, you guys start a thread so you can all discuss the thing that offended your delicate feels.

After about the 10th organization that you're offended by, maybe you should start to re-evaluate and understand that you're really just being a little whiny crybaby.

Political discourse is all about discussions on what you are for and what you are against. It's hardly being a whiny crybaby. That is unless you want me to post your comments that do the same and call them whiny. In that case, everybody's comments are whiny.

What this discussion is about is Time's choice on what they consider person of the year. WTF is whining about it. We are making comments, making jokes, but unlike you leftists, it's not going to keep any of us awake tonight. That's not whiney. This is whiney.

Screaming .jpeg

Political discourse is all about discussions on what you are for and what you are against. It's hardly being a whiny crybaby. That is unless you want me to post your comments that do the same and call them whiny. In that case, everybody's comments are whiny.

What this discussion is about is Time's choice on what they consider person of the year. WTF is whining about it. We are making comments, making jokes, but unlike you leftists, it's not going to keep any of us awake tonight. That's not whiney. This is whiney.

View attachment 295164

Boycotting dozens of organizations because they offend you is being a sensitive crybaby.

Complaining about those dozens of organizations that offend you is being a whiny, sensitive crybaby.

Wow, another grown adult triggered by a 16 year old.
We can handle the environment just fine without 16 year olds telling us what to do.

Maybe your right since we only hire the best people to look after our environmental issues. Remember Scott Pruitt? Found this on Vox.
Scott Pruitt could end up being one of Trump’s most consequential Cabinet picks
Pruitt has filed lawsuit after (mostly unsuccessful) lawsuit to halt EPA rules on mercury pollution from coal plants, thwart EPA plans to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, block President Obama’s efforts to tackle climate change.his opposition to the federal government regulating air pollution that crosses state lines.
But, lets not quibble about the past, this Trump environmental appointee was run out of office for on ethics charges months. Typical choice in this administration.

Now we have Andrew Wheeler, who up until 2017 was a lobbyist for coal producer Murry Energy, of course they are now in Bankruptcy. According to Trump's new EPA chief is Andrew Wheeler who replaced Scott Pruitt Wheeler's EPA moved ahead with a plan to do away with the Obama-era Clean Power Plan and replace it with a proposed rule to set state guidelines for power-plant emissions and his agency finalized revisions regulating the disposal of coal ash that gives states and utilities what he called "much needed flexibility" to manage their waste. Most impressive of his environmental stewardship might be his agency's proposals to roll back mercury emissions standards, weaken clean water regulations and scrap Obama-era climate change rules.

But I am sure you are right, after all, we hire only the best people.

Cue RW attacks on Dan Rather

Well no attacks needed he lost his job for making shit up so he's about as credible as the 16 year old child

And you support a man who has lied over 3,000 times in three years. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a lie.

Prove me wrong.

Why? We both know it is a lie. JUst admit it, and we can move on.

Trump Has Now Made Over 15,000 False or Misleading Claims in Office, Says Washington Post

Well no attacks needed he lost his job for making shit up so he's about as credible as the 16 year old child

And you support a man who has lied over 3,000 times in three years. Lol

That is a lie.

Prove me wrong.

Why? We both know it is a lie. JUst admit it, and we can move on.

Trump Has Now Made Over 15,000 False or Misleading Claims in Office, Says Washington Post

Yes, there are professional liars feeding you your lies. I get that. But clearly admit that you know you are lying, and then we can move on.

We can handle the environment just fine without 16 year olds telling us what to do.
Maybe your right since we only hire the best people to look after our environmental issues. Remember Scott Pruitt? Found this on Vox.
Pruitt has filed lawsuit after (mostly unsuccessful) lawsuit to halt EPA rules on mercury pollution from coal plants, thwart EPA plans to clean up the Chesapeake Bay, block President Obama’s efforts to tackle climate change.his opposition to the federal government regulating air pollution that crosses state lines.
But, lets not quibble about the past, this Trump environmental appointee was run out of office for on ethics charges months. Typical choice in this administration.
Now we have Andrew Wheeler, who up until 2017 was a lobbyist for coal producer Murry Energy, of course they are now in Bankruptcy. According to Trump's new EPA chief is Andrew Wheeler who replaced Scott Pruitt Wheeler's EPA moved ahead with a plan to do away with the Obama-era Clean Power Plan and replace it with a proposed rule to set state guidelines for power-plant emissions and his agency finalized revisions regulating the disposal of coal ash that gives states and utilities what he called "much needed flexibility" to manage their waste. Most impressive of his environmental stewardship might be his agency's proposals to roll back mercury emissions standards, weaken clean water regulations and scrap Obama-era climate change rules.
You do realize we need jobs, right? Other countries like China realize this, they don't pass job killing environmental laws.

You do realize we need jobs, right? Other countries like China realize this, they don't pass job killing environmental laws.

Some of us like clean water and clean air...but I guess you are not one of them

I see far more part time jobs being created than than good sustaining full time jobs. I haven't needed to work a part time job since 72, but I am still an outdoors-man and have seen the environment improve as regulations have made companies more responsible for damages, ( business costs externalized and passed on to society) that were and are very expensive to clean up. The choice in environmental issues in general is not simply jobs vs no jobs. China has more serious environmental problems than we do. Sooner or later they will have to deal with them also. The Republicans started the EPA because our problems proved too large to be trusted to private enterprise alone without regulation. Wholesale rollbacks under current administration for the sake of showing wholesale rollbacks to their base, and knee-jerk approval of waver to existing regulations for the quicker/ cheaper profit of a private company may be popular, but is not always sound policy.

Wrong. Everybody has first amendment rights.

I never said they didn't. What I said is that it's stupid for them to bring politics into their profession where they piss a lot of people off.
They have the right to peacefully air their grievances as provided by the first amendment. You don't say the same when pro athletes support the military, law enforcement or any other cause but opposition to white racism.

I find it funny how a bunch of people who voted for and worship a reality TV ENTERTAINER wants to talk about athletes and entertainers being quiet about politics.

Now tell me about reagan...

Forum List

Back