Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along the earth's coastlines and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

While climate scientists have repeatedly raised alarm about the how human-caused global warming is driving "off the charts" ice loss in Greenland that will contribute to devastating sea level rise, a new analysis of a less studied region has ramped up those concerns, revealing that Greenland's ice sheet is melting even faster than previously thought.

"We are watching the ice sheet hit a tipping point," warned lead author Michael Bevis, a geodynamics professor at Ohio State University. "We're going to see faster and faster sea level rise for the foreseeable future."

'We Are Watching the Ice Sheet Hit a Tipping Point': Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared

Last edited:
Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along each coastline and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

While climate scientists have repeatedly raised alarm about the how human-caused global warming is driving "off the charts" ice loss in Greenland that will contribute to devastating sea level rise, a new analysis of a less studied region has ramped up those concerns, revealing that Greenland's ice sheet is melting even faster than previously thought.

"We are watching the ice sheet hit a tipping point," warned lead author Michael Bevis, a geodynamics professor at Ohio State University. "We're going to see faster and faster sea level rise for the foreseeable future."

'We Are Watching the Ice Sheet Hit a Tipping Point': Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared
Genious! But let me as you something. Why would you desalinize ice water? You're a Democrat, right?

Probably not a good idea to mess with ecology that took the forces of evolution billions of years to sort out.

Thank you Senator Inhoff.
823.jpeg

Genious! But let me as you something. Why would you desalinize ice water? You're a Democrat, right?
Not a Democrat and where is there ice on the shores of Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest--the places I suggested the plants be located ?
Genius.
Good lord. You are clueless. Why would you desalinize ice water?!
Are you serious ? Like civility, reading comprehension's not one of your
polished skills is it ?

Not a Democrat and where is there ice on the shores of Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest--the places I suggested the plants be located ?
Genius.
Good lord. You are clueless. Why would you desalinize ice water?!
Are you serious ? Like civility, reading comprehension's not one of your
polished skills is it ?
Another child left behind. <sigh>

https://www.quora.com/If-seawater-i...zen-water-of-the-ice-shelf-in-the-poles-sweet

Genius.
Did you think they sallt roads in the winter to flavour the water?

I regret people have dumbed down so.

in Washington State, they had to close their swimming pool in the summer because the air was so unhealthy you couldnt go outside to swim, because of the forest fires

we're in a WAR against climate change. this is a battle we have to win.

my son thinks everyone has asthma. thats how bad it is. he doesnt know its only people like him.

we need to stop being slaves to the fossil fuel industry. we need FREEDOM!

Good! Then maybe someday it will actually be green. Wait, lets raise taxes on everything! That will stop it!

Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along each coastline and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

There is no ice water off Africa, the ME, or the US SW you moron. :rolleyes:

Asclepias, I have known about the insanity of Afro-Centrism and Black Isrealites since the mid-90's. Do you subscribe to the insanity that Blacks Israelites believe such as the disgusting, ugly darkies in DC the other day? They mentioned "lice" being on White humans (like you repeatedly do) despite not being able to pronounce the word in English. :p

Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along the earth's coastlines and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

At the current “alarming rate” it will take 12,000 - 15,000 years for all of its ice to melt.

How about someone telling CHINA to stop building "Coal fired power plants". They have increased theirs while we have decreased ours. But then again, this is what Communists always do.. Ruin the environment..

Forum List

Back