Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared

How about someone telling CHINA to stop building "Coal fired power plants". They have increased theirs while we have decreased ours. But then again, this is what Communists always do.. Ruin the environment..
The year 2000 called and wants
its talking points back.

As Beijing Joins Climate Fight, Chinese Companies Build Coal Plants
China’s energy companies will make up nearly half of the new coal generation expected to go online in the next decade.
These Chinese corporations are building or planning to build more than 700 new coal plants at home and around the world, some in countries that today burn little or no coal, according to tallies compiled by Urgewald, an environmental group based in Berlin. Many of the plants are in China, but by capacity, roughly a fifth of these new coal power stations are in other countries.
You know, when you act like a petulant spoiled little girl, you end up getting treated like one..Bitch.

China is making the United States look like a dinosaur.

rail-china-reuters-c.jpg

rail5maglevshaghai.jpg

You are acting like a typical liberal voter.
Being wrong all the time certainly doesn't slow you
down from being a complete douchebag does it ?
But then, what else could you expect from someone with
a Thomas Sowell avatar ?:71::26:

I am sorry that God didnt give you an IQ over 70. I will not lower my intelligence anymore by trying to have a conversation with a maggot. Good bye, time to send this moron with the rest of them into the ignore zone. Buh Bye.

Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along the earth's coastlines and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

While climate scientists have repeatedly raised alarm about the how human-caused global warming is driving "off the charts" ice loss in Greenland that will contribute to devastating sea level rise, a new analysis of a less studied region has ramped up those concerns, revealing that Greenland's ice sheet is melting even faster than previously thought.

"We are watching the ice sheet hit a tipping point," warned lead author Michael Bevis, a geodynamics professor at Ohio State University. "We're going to see faster and faster sea level rise for the foreseeable future."

'We Are Watching the Ice Sheet Hit a Tipping Point': Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared
I'm all for it if it can work. Been hearing about this for quite some time.

Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along the earth's coastlines and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

While climate scientists have repeatedly raised alarm about the how human-caused global warming is driving "off the charts" ice loss in Greenland that will contribute to devastating sea level rise, a new analysis of a less studied region has ramped up those concerns, revealing that Greenland's ice sheet is melting even faster than previously thought.

"We are watching the ice sheet hit a tipping point," warned lead author Michael Bevis, a geodynamics professor at Ohio State University. "We're going to see faster and faster sea level rise for the foreseeable future."

'We Are Watching the Ice Sheet Hit a Tipping Point': Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared
The Saudi's have been desalinating for years, with their oil being the driving force of the power/desalination plants. But there is a slight cost for such actions, where do you put all the salt that is taken out? There is a lot of desert that ended up taking the excess salt, and that area will never in my lifetime grow anything...Makes the Salt Flats, look low in sodium...

Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along each coastline and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

Genious! But let me as you something. Why would you desalinize ice water? You're a Democrat, right?
He never said anything about desalinizing ice water.

Maybe it will revert back to why it was named Greenland in the first place.

It's an expensive investment, but water shortages are becoming
a huge problem ( unless you are PepsiCo or Nestle ....)

I know. I've been there myself. We have to try something. At this point, it doesn't matter what skeptics or non-believers think. If the melting continues, we will start seeing significant inland flooding in some areas, and unsustainable drought in others. Don't know exactly when, but California is definitely seeing some signs.

I know. I've been there myself. We have to try something. At this point, it doesn't matter what skeptics or non-believers think. If the melting continues, we will start seeing significant inland flooding in some areas, and unsustainable drought in others. Don't know exactly when, but California is definitely seeing some signs.
And yet at the same time places like Lake Mead are drying up, so have a desal plant or two on the California coast and run a pipeline to the Colorado River. Ship the salt off to Death Valley or someplace ( not back into the sea ).
825.jpg

There is no ice water off Africa, the ME, or the US SW you moron.
You really are this stupid aren't you?
Read my OP and it says nothing about desalination of ice or ice water.
Good lord. You are clueless. Why would you desalinize ice water?!

There is no ice water off Africa, the ME, or the US SW you moron. :rolleyes:
Read my OP.
You and meathead aren't too bright are you ?
Here's an idea I had. Build several large desalination plants along each coastline and run water pipelines inland to drought-stricken areas like in Africa, the Middle East, Australia and the US southwest. This way we can regulate the sea level rise and solve some of our water shortage problems at the same time.

Genious! But let me as you something. Why would you desalinize ice water? You're a Democrat, right?
He never said anything about desalinizing ice water.
Ice water contains minimum about of salts and minerals. There is no point in deslization. The infrastructure needed to move desalized water and thhe energy consumed in its productition is something that Puerto Rican dingbat from NYC wouldn't even have come up with. The guy's an idiot.

Forum List

Back