Green New Deal will Make America Great Again

Bring peace, prosperity to the land and save this great nation for our children and grandchildren

God Bless Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez!

Green New Deal - Wikipedia

The Green New Deal (GND)[1][2] is any of several proposed[3][4] economic stimulus programs in the United States that aim to address both economic inequality and climate change. The name refers to the New Deal, a combination of social and economic reforms and public works projects undertaken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in response to the Great Depression.[5] Supporters of a Green New Deal advocate a combination of Roosevelt's economic approach with modern ideas such as renewable energy and resource efficiency.[6] One small-scale example of a Green New Deal-type policy is tax incentives for solar panels, implemented in the United States in 2008.[7]

We cannot have zero carbon electricity without going fullblown nuclear. It is otherwise impossible and we certainly cannot make the transition in 11 years.

11 years is over ambitious. The key is we made progress

Nuclear is so taboo (and expensive) I am not sure we could get there in 30 years TBH. We still have a major grid rework needed just to handle increasing solar output without running into the sorts of problems Germany has seen with trying to shed loads on sunny windy days.
Gotta start somewhere

Sitting around denying climate change is not a good start

Bring peace, prosperity to the land and save this great nation for our children and grandchildren

The Green New Deal (GND)[1][2] is any of several proposed[3][4] economic stimulus programs in the United States that aim to address both economic inequality and climate change. The name refers to the New Deal, a combination of social and economic reforms and public works projects undertaken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in response to the Great Depression.[5] Supporters of a Green New Deal advocate a combination of Roosevelt's economic approach with modern ideas such as renewable energy and resource efficiency.[6] One small-scale example of a Green New Deal-type policy is tax incentives for solar panels, implemented in the United States in 2008.[7]

We cannot have zero carbon electricity without going fullblown nuclear. It is otherwise impossible and we certainly cannot make the transition in 11 years.

Nuclear is so taboo (and expensive) I am not sure we could get there in 30 years TBH. We still have a major grid rework needed just to handle increasing solar output without running into the sorts of problems Germany has seen with trying to shed loads on sunny windy days.
Gotta start somewhere

The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years. Care to explain to us how you're going to change that fact?

Make America Venezuela!

Gotta start somewhere

The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years. Care to explain to us how you're going to change that fact?
Very true

And we are able to detect the impact of man made pollutants in just a hundred years

Mans impact on the environment is no longer disputed

Its great to see some vision.
iu

Gotta start somewhere

Very true

And we are able to detect the impact of man made pollutants in just a hundred years

Mans impact on the environment is no longer disputed
I agree with pollutants, that would not include CO2.

When did renewable energy become politicised ?
According to conservatives, renuable energy will lead to the destruction of our society
No one has a problem with renewables. It's the morons that keep saying we can get all of our energy from renewables without even attempting to suggest how.
Need to start somewhere
Doesn’t have to be absolute
Well we now have the rhetoric, now all we need is someone to suggest some solutions. I'm not holding my breath.

According to conservatives, renuable energy will lead to the destruction of our society
I just dont understand the mindset. It rains and snows on everyone after all.
If renewable technology advances at the rate of others then we will all benefit.
Imagine being free of the power companies ?

I just dont understand the mindset. It rains and snows on everyone after all.
If renewable technology advances at the rate of others then we will all benefit.
Imagine being free of the power companies ?
That sounds great, now we just need reliable renewables. I'm in Ohio and 5 - 6 months a year solar would be virtually useless. Wind would be even worse. It's nice to dream but eventually reality comes knocking.

Ohio has 5-6 months of darkness and even longer with no wind? I had never heard about that.

Ohio has 5-6 months of darkness and even longer with no wind? I had never heard about that.
I've probably seen the sun a dozen times in the 3 months. And a number of those days it was single digits. For 5 - 6 months I would have enough power from solar and wind to charge my phone.

Gotta start somewhere

Sitting around attacking skeptics is not creating change. It is just hubris. The market will sort it out as the alternatives become more viable. Solar has been around since before I was born. It takes time for these things to happen.

Forum List

Back