Green New Deal will Make America Great Again

1280px-PV_cume_semi_log_chart_2014_estimate.svg.png

Bring peace, prosperity to the land and save this great nation for our children and grandchildren

God Bless Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez!

Green New Deal - Wikipedia

The Green New Deal (GND)[1][2] is any of several proposed[3][4] economic stimulus programs in the United States that aim to address both economic inequality and climate change. The name refers to the New Deal, a combination of social and economic reforms and public works projects undertaken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in response to the Great Depression.[5] Supporters of a Green New Deal advocate a combination of Roosevelt's economic approach with modern ideas such as renewable energy and resource efficiency.[6] One small-scale example of a Green New Deal-type policy is tax incentives for solar panels, implemented in the United States in 2008.[7]
upload_2019-2-10_15-31-41.png

I cannot fathom why these people that always post these charts can't see that they don't prove anything to anybody! Then once this type of comment is posted, they will make some remark about how it's all done with scientific data, but they still can't prove anything unless people can duplicate the data and they know it can't be done! Insanity rules.

I cannot fathom why these people that always post these charts can't see that they don't prove anything to anybody! Then once this type of comment is posted, they will make some remark about how it's all done with scientific data, but they still can't prove anything unless people can duplicate the data and they know it can't be done! Insanity rules.

This was in response to the post by Dekster that solar power had been around since before he was born. None of your comments actually apply to this.

This was in response to the post by Dekster that solar power had been around since before he was born. None of your comments actually apply to this.
My comment applies to all graphs.

Graphs are only impressive when they are displayed as a comparative analysis within the graph or compared to something else that is graphed.

Graphs that display one data set.....particularly growth rates, are they. Easily manipulated to look impressive.

11 years is over ambitious. The key is we made progress

Nuclear is so taboo (and expensive) I am not sure we could get there in 30 years TBH. We still have a major grid rework needed just to handle increasing solar output without running into the sorts of problems Germany has seen with trying to shed loads on sunny windy days.
Gotta start somewhere

Sitting around denying climate change is not a good start
The climate has been changing for 4.5 billion years. Care to explain to us how you're going to change that fact?
Very true

And we are able to detect the impact of man made pollutants in just a hundred years

Mans impact on the environment is no longer disputed
I agree with pollutants, that would not include CO2.
Depends on how much

Bring peace, prosperity to the land and save this great nation for our children and grandchildren

The Green New Deal (GND)[1][2] is any of several proposed[3][4] economic stimulus programs in the United States that aim to address both economic inequality and climate change. The name refers to the New Deal, a combination of social and economic reforms and public works projects undertaken by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in response to the Great Depression.[5] Supporters of a Green New Deal advocate a combination of Roosevelt's economic approach with modern ideas such as renewable energy and resource efficiency.[6] One small-scale example of a Green New Deal-type policy is tax incentives for solar panels, implemented in the United States in 2008.[7]

We cannot have zero carbon electricity without going fullblown nuclear. It is otherwise impossible and we certainly cannot make the transition in 11 years.

Nuclear is so taboo (and expensive) I am not sure we could get there in 30 years TBH. We still have a major grid rework needed just to handle increasing solar output without running into the sorts of problems Germany has seen with trying to shed loads on sunny windy days.
Gotta start somewhere

Sitting around attacking skeptics is not creating change. It is just hubris. The market will sort it out as the alternatives become more viable. Solar has been around since before I was born. It takes time for these things to happen.

Seatbelts and air bags are a good example where the free market did not take care of itself

They needed a little nudge

We cannot have zero carbon electricity without going fullblown nuclear. It is otherwise impossible and we certainly cannot make the transition in 11 years.

Gotta start somewhere

Sitting around attacking skeptics is not creating change. It is just hubris. The market will sort it out as the alternatives become more viable. Solar has been around since before I was born. It takes time for these things to happen.

Seatbelts and air bags are a good example where the free market did not take care of itself

You have to admit that what's being proposed is a bit more than a "nudge". Seatbelts and airbags aren't exactly the same as rebuilding the entire energy system and retrofitting every structure in the country.

If this "green plan" is about GHGs it's kind of moot, unless we're planning to invade China, India, and a host of other countries to stop them from building coal plants. From an article from 2017...

"Overall, 1,600 coal plants are planned or under construction in 62 countries, said Urgewald, which uses data from the Global Coal Plant Tracker portal. The new plants would expand the world's coal-fired power capacity by 43 per cent."

I believe the US fleet of coal plants is around 600 and dropping.

Gotta start somewhere

You have to admit that what's being proposed is a bit more than a "nudge". Seatbelts and airbags aren't exactly the same as rebuilding the entire energy system and retrofitting every structure in the country.

If this "green plan" is about GHGs it's kind of moot, unless we're planning to invade China, India, and a host of other countries to stop them from building coal plants. From an article from 2017...

"Overall, 1,600 coal plants are planned or under construction in 62 countries, said Urgewald, which uses data from the Global Coal Plant Tracker portal. The new plants would expand the world's coal-fired power capacity by 43 per cent."

The Green New Deal is overly ambitious

But it doesn’t mean it cannot eventually be done

We need to start moving away from our love affair with oil

Sure it will, after murdering the tens of millions of people who will not "prosper", and will thus have the temerity to complain.

Sent from my SM-G892A using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Nice try Drama Queen

Prove me wrong, silly boy.
Such fear mongering. Green projects will murder tens of millions of people

You sound like Sarah Palin claiming Obama wants to kill her baby

No the projects, you assholes when you figure out they don't work and the people start getting uppity. That's why you want to disarm everyone too. They can't be proper slaves when they can shoot back.

Gotta start somewhere

Most people would like to move away from oil. How does she advance that in anyway other than saying we need to move away from oil? Wind and solar are advancing and will continue to advance. Not going to get us to carbon neutral anytime soon. So what is her plan? It's like saying we need to beat cancer. There are people all over the world working around the clock to do that. Saying we need to beat cancer again isn't going to advance anything. What's the plan?

Gotta start somewhere

If the government hadn't nudged so hard with those there would be less carbon to deal with today.

Sure it will, after murdering the tens of millions of people who will not "prosper", and will thus have the temerity to complain.

Sent from my SM-G892A using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Nice try Drama Queen

Prove me wrong, silly boy.
Such fear mongering. Green projects will murder tens of millions of people

You sound like Sarah Palin claiming Obama wants to kill her baby

No the projects, you assholes when you figure out they don't work and the people start getting uppity. That's why you want to disarm everyone too. They can't be proper slaves when they can shoot back.

Millions of Illegal Mexicans will murder us in our sleep
Muslims will not rest until they have slaughtered every one of us
Green Programs will lead to tens of millions being murdered

I guess that fear mongering works on gullible conservatives, but most just laugh at you

Gotta start somewhere

Most people would like to move away from oil. How does she advance that in anyway other than saying we need to move away from oil? Wind and solar are advancing and will continue to advance. Not going to get us to carbon neutral anytime soon. So what is her plan? It's like saying we need to beat cancer. There are people all over the world working around the clock to do that. Saying we need to beat cancer again isn't going to advance anything. What's the plan?
It is like saying we can’t do a thing about cancer until we have a solution for all cancers
Going green will be done a step at a time

It is like saying we can’t do a thing about cancer until we have a solution for all cancers
Going green will be done a step at a time
And this bill offers what step?

Forum List

Back