Government has the power to levy taxes, but...

I disagree. The Government issues licenses to conduct business and can require with in that frame work the demand that business collect taxes. A State can by virtue of the Federal Government compel State business to collect and deliver Federal tax as well as State Tax. It is simply a cost of doing business as authorized by the Government.
The point is that the compulsion itself creates the condition of involuntary servitude in that you are working for the government w/o compensation under the threat of legal consequences.
Nothing involuntary about it, unless you're retarded and don't realize going in that you will have to collect and pay taxes if you open a business. In which I would submit you probably wouldn't last as a business owner anyway.
Reading this response, one can only wonder if you miss the point voluntarily, or otherwise.

The point is that the compulsion itself creates the condition of involuntary servitude in that you are working for the government w/o compensation under the threat of legal consequences.

Using that argument, is the City of San Francisco is enslaving me when they tell me I have to put my sort my trash into compost and recycling?
Are you required to perform a service for the government, w/o compensation, under threat of legal consequence shoudl you fail to do so?

The government does not compensate me for renewing my driver's license or plate, building permits, census and a host of other related functions.

Using that argument, is the City of San Francisco is enslaving me when they tell me I have to put my sort my trash into compost and recycling?
Are you required to perform a service for the government, w/o compensation, under threat of legal consequence shoudl you fail to do so?
The government does not compensate me for renewing my driver's license or plate, building permits, census and a host of other related functions.
Not sure how these are related to the issue put forth in the OP.

Okay, here's one for you. My town has a city ordinance dictating that we keep our yards kept up. If we don't the city will hire a crew to come clean it and bill us.

do they pay us to clean our yards? Of course not, that is just part of the deal. If you own a yard you must keep it up to standards.

Or, if you want to keep it business related. Say you own a restaurant, you are required by the Health Department to meet government codes, does the government reimburse you for time spent meeting THEIR codes? Nope.

This thread is a whine fest and not much more.

Okay, here's one for you. My town has a city ordinance dictating that we keep our yards
kept up. If we don't the city will hire a crew to come clean it and bill us.
do they pay us to clean our yards? Of course not, that is just part of the deal. If you own a yard you must keep it up to standards.
Unrelated. You are not performing a service for the governent under threat of force.

Or, if you want to keep it business related. Say you own a restaurant, you are required by the Health Department to meet government codes, does the government reimburse you for time spent meeting THEIR codes? Nope.
Unrelated. You are not performing a service for the governent under threat of force.

Says he who, through his unrelated examples, clearly does not understand the issue at hand.

Yes. I am "forced" to physically sort my garbage. The city doesn't pay me to do so, and I'll be fined if I don't.

Yes. I am "forced" to physically sort my garbage. The city doesn't pay me to do so, and I'll be fined if I don't.
Let me be a little more clear in my question:
What governmental function do you perform for the government?

Okay, here's one for you. My town has a city ordinance dictating that we keep our yards

Says he who, through his unrelated examples, clearly does not understand the issue at hand.

Please explain the fundamental differences between my examples and your whine.

Let me be a little more clear in my question:
What governmental function do you perform for the government?

Collecting income tax from employees and sales tax from customers is NOT a government function, it is a business function. Where in the COTUS is the federal government given the power to send someone into your business to collect said taxes or to pay you to do so.

How is taking time to complete your taxes and census that different?

Happily:

-Business perform a service for the government by collecting the governments' tax revenue.
-You do not perform a service for the government by meeting zonng laws.
-You do not perform a service for the government by metting health codes.

Thus, your examples are unrelated to the issue presented in that you are not performing a service for the governent under threat of force, whereas the business owner does.

I have a pretty good idea where you're headed with this. Why don't you make your next point.

I'll take that as a concession of the point, that your previous examples are not related to the issue at hand.

The requirement to complete your taxes? As in like file a return?

I'll take that as a concession of the point, that your previous examples are not related to the issue at hand.

No concession, you just tried to narrow the scope to fit your intentions. Please state why this is all a justification that you should be compensated or not required to pay.

No concession, you just tried to narrow the scope to fit your intentions.
My 'scope' has been very clear, and has not changed from the very beginning of the topic

Please state why this is all a justification that you should be compensated or not required to pay.
I really have no idea what you're talking about...?

Happily:

-Business perform a service for the government by collecting the governments' tax revenue.
-You do not perform a service for the government by meeting zonng laws.
-You do not perform a service for the government by metting health codes.

Thus, your examples are unrelated to the issue presented in that you are not performing a service for the governent under threat of force, whereas the business owner does.

Au contraire.

The ONLY reason the government cares at ALL about the cleanliness of my yard, or the safety of my food is for public safety, which the government is constitutionally required to provide for. Therefor, I AM helping perform a government service when I do so.

Forum List

Back