Gov. Jerry Brown released budget

Besides unions, who in California is in "heaven?"

If you are in California, you are in heaven.:eusa_shhh:

only if you are on welfare :eusa_shhh: The rest of us pay our way and that SUCKS here.

I pay my way in CA., and I appreciate what benefits we get in return. It is the price you pay for this fast paced society, but life for me is good here, always has been. Our economy is bigger than most European countries.

When you get tired of people on welfare, make your legislature do something about it. Like start mandatory job training, education, job placement, apprenticeships, living wages & benefits.

How is removing all business taxes even worth considering, considering?

Ohio has a fairly decent sized agricultural business, and we are about to adopt a new regulatory scheme for dictating how livestock are treated. Is this the sort of regulation you oppose? Why?

Stop all aid to the poor? Is that your suggestion?

No, I never said poor. I said the trillions of corporate aid (dole) YOU are paying. With all the taxes you save by cutting the corporate cord to government, you can buy the homeless homes.:eusa_angel:

Novel idea. How about they do it the old fashioned way. Work for what you have and buy a house with your own sweat and hard work. Now that is cutting the government cord.

I like the old way, a living wage to feed a man's family, mom in the home to raise her children, apprentiships. Life was good.

Sorry, but this is not an isolated thought experiment. You cannot just 'assume' funding from some magic source. A business must provide a product or service for a fee. A charity must collect donations. A government must tax. Cut and dried, those are your choices. A business has clients, a charity has donors, and a government has taxpayers.

All true, and once an employee is paid it's their money and not the "sources" anymore.

>>>>
Government employees can't be paid without taxes being paid to the government. You cannot divorce that. Businesses pay their employees the customer's money after they've made their purchase.

Titling the money something else doesn't change the source. It may now be the government employees money, but his employer still got it from the taxpayer.

Again, distinction with no meaning.

I've never disagreed with the source of the money for the employer. I've disagree with the idea that union dues is paid with taxpayer money. It's not. It's paid by the employee with their money.

>>>>

All true, and once an employee is paid it's their money and not the "sources" anymore.

>>>>
Government employees can't be paid without taxes being paid to the government. You cannot divorce that. Businesses pay their employees the customer's money after they've made their purchase.

Titling the money something else doesn't change the source. It may now be the government employees money, but his employer still got it from the taxpayer.

Again, distinction with no meaning.

I've never disagreed with the source of the money for the employer. I've disagree with the idea that union dues is paid with taxpayer money. It's not. It's paid by the employee with their money.

>>>>

Salary and wages are paid as a result of someone's labor. The source of the money paid is a stupid argument. If a government worker's source are taxes and the government worker buys a product from a store the money received from the government worker is tax payer money. When a contractor bids on a project and is paid by the government both he and his workers receive tax dollars as payment.

Forum List

Back