Gov. Christy Giving Boehner & House Majority Hell

Remember when Iowa flooded? They had to go it alone. Know why? Cause they're mid western and of no use to the high falutin easterners.

Christie became irrelevant to me when he aided Obama in photo ops and stood by him as he made promises that would not be kept. Some people are still waiting for help after Sandy and can't get through the red tape. (The same red tape someone promised to eliminate) The media hasn't followed up on that or called Obama on the carpet the way they did with the previous administration. Suddenly, it's no big deal that people still suffer with no help. The false promises made people feel good and that's enough for some.

Christie should have raised hell about that.

I don't like the Repubs giving in on the bogus attempt to save us all from the fiscal cliff. Taxes will still go up for the majority of us and will hit the middle class hard. They merely spared us having to pay for one thing and raised taxes elsewhere. There will be no cuts for the middle class and people will pay an average of $1,200 more each year. Even lower middle class people better figure out where they need to make cuts in their household budgets. Apparently, the promise of no one making $250,000 or less seeing a dime in new taxes has been lowered to $30,000 and maybe even lower.

No federal spending cuts, at least nothing that will make any difference in the least. The proposed cuts earlier were the equivalent of the average person spending .06 less on a $2,000 monthly budget. Of course, with a growing number of people in this country, both citizens and privileged illegal aliens, the only amount that matters is what gets put on their EBT cards.

How long did you think America could continue to finance a gigantic military, expensive foreign wars, support for all of Israel, farm subsidies, and corporate bailouts without paying for those things, Clementine? I guarantee your that workers didn't get the good stuff.

Really, one example is milk subsidies, they said without them the price of milk would double, isn't that the workers getting the good stuff, like half priced milk?

I'm worndering if the message is getting out there. Christie isn't the first to lament the dysfunction within his party. But he is very well respected - even often mentioned as possible presidential timber - so I'm wondering if this opens some new eyes?

The GOP better hope so. I for one am not looking forward to the Democrats holding the House, the Senate, and the White House. But unless the GOP gets its act together, I'm afraid that's what we are going to see.
Christie wants money. They had losses, a terrible storm and fiscal problems. He feels that we need to flex a little in the case of disasters.

The nation has needs, and the President spent $7 million to fly off to Hawaii on separate flights from his family which cost several million more than if they'd flown together. Drudge called this Money's No object.

The Republicans are worried about the $16.4 trillion U.S. National Debt.

:dunno:

7 million dollars?

how much did bush spend every time he flew to crawford?

7 million isn't a blip on our budget. do you really have no concept of the amount of money available?

there's really something wrong with you.

I'm worndering if the message is getting out there. Christie isn't the first to lament the dysfunction within his party. But he is very well respected - even often mentioned as possible presidential timber - so I'm wondering if this opens some new eyes?

The GOP better hope so. I for one am not looking forward to the Democrats holding the House, the Senate, and the White House. But unless the GOP gets its act together, I'm afraid that's what we are going to see.
Christie wants money. They had losses, a terrible storm and fiscal problems. He feels that we need to flex a little in the case of disasters.

The nation has needs, and the President spent $7 million to fly off to Hawaii on separate flights from his family which cost several million more than if they'd flown together. Drudge called this Money's No object.

7 million dollars?

7 million isn't a blip on our budget. do you really have no concept of the amount of money available?

waaa, BOOOOOSH

7 million dollars?

You obviously didn't read the link. ;)

Christy has become a joke

How DARE he criticize the Party!

Does he not understand his priorities!

Now, get back into lock-step Mr. Christie, and don't you dare think for yourself!

:thup:

yeah, don't put any blame on anyone else for sure..Like a bill that was loaded with PORK

So you think underscoring the fact that you post crap you can't back up is humorous? Or that it "gets under my skin" or something?

OK, I'm getting embarassed for you. I'll let you off the hook this time.

How DARE he criticize the Party!

Does he not understand his priorities!

Now, get back into lock-step Mr. Christie, and don't you dare think for yourself!

:thup:

yeah, don't put any blame on anyone else for sure..Like a bill that was loaded with PORK

So you think underscoring the fact that you post crap you can't back up is humorous? Or that it "gets under my skin" or something?

OK, I'm getting embarassed for you. I'll let you off the hook this time.

do whatever blows your skirt up

Obama sent them a bill full of pork.

like usual for Democrats, they have no problems playing with people's lives so they can use it against Republicans..

Please stop saying such incredibly stooopid things when you know its actually the opposite.

OR, post PROOF of your statement. You know, like PROOF that the Ds want government to control when you have a baby and who you choose to marry. You know, shit like that.

Dudley shut the fuck up.....Stephanie did what you always do.....you always blame "rw's" no matter what your posting about sometimes with no proof......so how is what she doing different then what you usually do?....

Maybe if Christie was teaching his citizens how to be self-reliant, he wouldn't need help from others. Just saying.

Yeah, maybe if Christie taught his constituents how to rebuild roads, bridges, and houses, those lazy bastards wouldn't need relief from natural disasters.

:cuckoo:

Avatar has gone over the partisan edge. No surprise there.

Yeah, I used to respect him. I've always disagreed with his politics, but at least he wasn't a complete partisan douche. Until Obama got reelected.

Republicans are now in the habit of editing their views, and they've been in it for 10 years. The Bush White House suppressed dissent; talk-radio stars functioned as enforcers; the angrier parts of the base, on the Internet, attempted to silence critical thinkers. Orthodoxy was everything, or orthodoxy as some defined it.

This isn't loyalty, it's lockstep. It has harmed the party's creativity, its ability to think, when now more than ever it has to. Enough.

Noonan: Republicans Need to Talk - WSJ.com

Maybe if Christie was teaching his citizens how to be self-reliant, he wouldn't need help from others. Just saying.

Yeah, maybe if Christie taught his constituents how to rebuild roads, bridges, and houses, those lazy bastards wouldn't need relief from natural disasters.

Avatar has gone over the partisan edge. No surprise there.

Yeah, "Let Them Eat Cake" has proven so successful in the past ....

Christie became irrelevant to me when he aided Obama in photo ops and stood by him as he made promises that would not be kept. Some people are still waiting for help after Sandy and can't get through the red tape. (The same red tape someone promised to eliminate) The media hasn't followed up on that or called Obama on the carpet the way they did with the previous administration. Suddenly, it's no big deal that people still suffer with no help. The false promises made people feel good and that's enough for some.

Christie should have raised hell about that.

I don't like the Repubs giving in on the bogus attempt to save us all from the fiscal cliff. Taxes will still go up for the majority of us and will hit the middle class hard. They merely spared us having to pay for one thing and raised taxes elsewhere. There will be no cuts for the middle class and people will pay an average of $1,200 more each year. Even lower middle class people better figure out where they need to make cuts in their household budgets. Apparently, the promise of no one making $250,000 or less seeing a dime in new taxes has been lowered to $30,000 and maybe even lower.

No federal spending cuts, at least nothing that will make any difference in the least. The proposed cuts earlier were the equivalent of the average person spending .06 less on a $2,000 monthly budget. Of course, with a growing number of people in this country, both citizens and privileged illegal aliens, the only amount that matters is what gets put on their EBT cards.

How long did you think America could continue to finance a gigantic military, expensive foreign wars, support for all of Israel, farm subsidies, and corporate bailouts without paying for those things, Clementine? I guarantee your that workers didn't get the good stuff.

Really, one example is milk subsidies, they said without them the price of milk would double, isn't that the workers getting the good stuff, like half priced milk?

If the price of milk doubles, people won't buy it. Let it happen. "Free market," remember. Besides, if that was true, it means that taxes support half the cost of milk. I'd rather pay for it outright than through taxation. We can make consumption choices that way, right?

Reason seems to be past history in the US these days.

Drudge? Figures for becki :rolleyes:

anyways, the Repubs didn't seem overly concerned when they started two wars, gave away a $TRILLION in Medicare part D, and instituted tax-cuts during the wars :) IOW- they created what they seem, in your words, to be so worried about.

Last edited:
Remember when Iowa flooded? They had to go it alone. Know why? Cause they're mid western and of no use to the high falutin easterners.

Complete and utter bullshit, the entire Midwest would blow away if it wasn't for federal assistance. Have you ever BEEN to Kansas? That place is a wasteland.

Yep, they want to privately enjoy living on the shore and force the rest of us to absorbe the risk. What's wrong with this picture, isn't this the same behavior you accused the banks of, privatizing profits and socializing the losses. How about a little consistency here.

Republican politicians from New Jersey and New York denounced congressional leaders from their own party for the decision to scrap an expected vote on a $60 billion measure to rebuild from superstorm Sandy.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie fumed during a Wednesday afternoon news conference, faulting House Republicans and Speaker John Boehner as the only ones to blame for not voting on the relief package before the 112th Congress draws to a close. ...

Rep. Peter King, a Republican from Long Island, called on the New York area's deep-pocketed donors to withhold contributions from GOP lawmakers. In heated remarks Wednesday morning, he said local donors would be "crazy" to give money to Republicans in Congress after the decision to delay the Sandy-relief vote.

"They come in, they come in, they're always coming in, doing fundraisers, raising tremendous amounts of money in New York," he said of his Republican colleagues. "The one time we need help they literally walk away."

Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican from Staten Island, described himself as feeling "disbelief and somewhat ashamed" over the surprise move. For the first time, he said, he was "not proud of the decision that my team has made."

Mr. King, the outgoing chair of the House Homeland Security Committee, said Mr. Boehner's delay on the Sandy-aid package would make a him a much more independent, far less likely to hew the party line on run-of-the-mill votes.

"Last night my political world turned upside down," Mr. King said. "I'll be looking at (the Republican leadership) from a very different perspective." ...

Earlier in the day, Mr. King suggested that securing passage in the House wouldn't be an easy feat. He said it wasn't clear his allies—who had rounded up the more than three dozen Republican votes necessary to pass the measure in the current Congress—would be able to do so again.

Mr. Christie, in his remarks Wednesday, said he had called at least 30 congressional lawmakers to lobby for the aid needed by New Jersey municipalities and residents socked with the cost of rebuilding from the Oct. 29 storm.

The New Jersey governor said he received a call on Tuesday night from House Majority Leader Eric Cantor saying the bill wouldn't come up for a vote despite previous assurances. Mr. Christie said he tried calling Mr. Boehner four times during the night, but the speaker didn't answer his calls.

Republicans Blast Delayed Sandy-Aid Vote - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back