Gov. Christie proposes 10% N.J. income tax reduction

yeah... only the rich will get cuts :rolleyes:

Oh yes....the old Republican standby

Tax Cuts went to everyone. So the average taxpayer sees a $100 reduction in his bill while the wealthy see a $100,000 reduction. Meanwhile, our schools have been cut to the bone, infrastructure improvements have been canceled, state parks are slashed, social services are eliminated

But Christies rich friends see a huge tax cut

outright lie...

New Jersey State Parks Funding 2011 | New York-New Jersey Trail Conference
The Trail Conference is pleased that the budget proposal for 2012 announced on Feb. 15 by Gov. Chris Christie does not include new cuts to parks operating budgets.
The budget proposal put forward by Gov. Chris Christie on February 15, provides a modest increase in funds for the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), calls for an increase in parks and forestry appropriations and continues funding for several programs charged with protecting the state’s natural resources.

In addition, $6.2 million in funding for the operations of the State’s parks and forests is being restored from the state’s general fund, assuring that all state parks will remain open. Many of the 54 state parks have been operating with critically low staff levels, which the Governor has proposed increasing to better serve the more than 17 million visitors who make use of these sites annually. Capital development projects required to improve facilities at state parks would be allocated $2.6 million in Gov. Christie’s budget, helping to assure that visitors can use them safely and enjoyably.

From your link...

. The gates may be open, but behind them is a skeleton park staff that has been struggling for years to keep facilities running on a seriously downsized budget. Park personnel overseeing administration, maintenance, and operations at parks is 35% below levels targeted for good stewardship, down to an average of just one superintendent (or less), one customer service assistant, and two to three maintenance workers per park. Some of these parks are over 50,000 acres with swimming areas that fill to capacity in the early morning hours. This ongoing lack of funding from the state has also led to the accumulative degradation of the maintenance equipment used to keep parks open.

Since I haven't been able to find anywhere that NJ is operating with a budget surplus, it's logical to assume that cuts will have to be made somewhere.

Our country is currently reeling from unpaid for tax cuts. Can NJ afford to do the same?

On NPR this morning, they said that education funding would probably take the biggest big hit... (as usual, since education funding relies on property and income tax and is always the first thing slashed). Looks like a family making 50K will save $80 a year. Whoopee! A family making 600K a year saves $4K. So this will not be worth it for anyone but the wealthy... no surprise there.

http://www.nj.com/newsflash/index.s...oad-audience/b05d1f4c5fad4be3944782014515af49

Last edited:

Tax Cuts went to everyone. So the average taxpayer sees a $100 reduction in his bill while the wealthy see a $100,000 reduction. Meanwhile, our schools have been cut to the bone, infrastructure improvements have been canceled, state parks are slashed, social services are eliminated

outright lie...

New Jersey State Parks Funding 2011 | New York-New Jersey Trail Conference

The budget proposal put forward by Gov. Chris Christie on February 15, provides a modest increase in funds for the state Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), calls for an increase in parks and forestry appropriations and continues funding for several programs charged with protecting the state’s natural resources.

In addition, $6.2 million in funding for the operations of the State’s parks and forests is being restored from the state’s general fund, assuring that all state parks will remain open. Many of the 54 state parks have been operating with critically low staff levels, which the Governor has proposed increasing to better serve the more than 17 million visitors who make use of these sites annually. Capital development projects required to improve facilities at state parks would be allocated $2.6 million in Gov. Christie’s budget, helping to assure that visitors can use them safely and enjoyably.

From your link...

. The gates may be open, but behind them is a skeleton park staff that has been struggling for years to keep facilities running on a seriously downsized budget. Park personnel overseeing administration, maintenance, and operations at parks is 35% below levels targeted for good stewardship, down to an average of just one superintendent (or less), one customer service assistant, and two to three maintenance workers per park. Some of these parks are over 50,000 acres with swimming areas that fill to capacity in the early morning hours. This ongoing lack of funding from the state has also led to the accumulative degradation of the maintenance equipment used to keep parks open.
and the new budget begins to reverse that.

You have a problem with fixing it?

BTW...how many years has Christie been governor? When, exactly, were the budgets for the parks cut? That's right... under the previous DEMOCRATIC governor.

Last edited:
Yes....let's take that 3.2% and give it as a tax cut to millionaires

The world will end if NJ Millionaires do not see a 10% tax cut

Please link to the article stating that the 3.2% cut to human services went to millionaires as a tax cut.

It hasn't. Christie just proposed the 10% cut yesterday

show me your math. Explain how a 3.2% cut in the Human Services budget equals a 10% cut in taxes to millionaires.

outright lie...
N.J. grants more than $14M for statewide infrastructure improvements | NJ.com

“The funding we are announcing today will enable local governments like South Plainfield to move forward with high-priority improvement projects and safety initiatives without putting pressure on local property taxes,” said Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno said in a statement. “By investing in our infrastructure and ensuring the health of our transportation assets, we will support New Jersey’s continued economic growth, encourage additional business attraction and create more jobs in cities and towns across the Garden State.”

Interesting link. But it leaves out that this is a cut of $35 million from what was provided to counties an municipalities in 2010

2010 Transportation Funding - New Jersey League of Municipalities

my link lists numbers specifically for 'road projects', and you're comparing it to previous years numbers for ALL transportation funding.

How about giving me numbers from previous years just for 'road projects', so we are comparing apples to apples.

Please link to the article stating that the 3.2% cut to human services went to millionaires as a tax cut.

show me your math. Explain how a 3.2% cut in the Human Services budget equals a 10% cut in taxes to millionaires.

That cut of 10% in tax revenue is huge. I never said a 3.2% cut in human services any way equals that cut. We NJ taxpayers will have to suck it up in many more ways

That cut of 10% in tax revenue is huge. I never said a 3.2% cut in human services any way equals that cut. We NJ taxpayers will have to suck it up in many more ways

Yes....let's take that 3.2% and give it as a tax cut to millionaires

The world will end if NJ Millionaires do not see a 10% tax cut
your implication here is obvious to everyone but you, apparently.

Push for consolidation of townships. We should combine all townships in each county together. Instead of the over 500 townships with all the mayors and other positions we could have 21 counties. That right there would more than cover the tax cuts.
Than force the schools to consolidate into 21 districts doing away with all the worthless administartors. That would probably cut our property taxes in half, if not more.

I don't get to carry my unused sick days from year to year. Why should they?

Awww, isn't that cute. You're jealous of what other people have, so you want to take it away from them.

If they were private sector it wouldn't matter. But they are public workers paid with tax money. Why should I have to pay for someones unused sick days?

This "public sector" argument is always pathetic. When people are hired to do a job, they have the right to be compensated for their work. They have the same right to negotiate for as lucrative a compensation package as they can. And once that package is agreed upon, they have a right to receive that compensation. It's the same, regardless of whether they are public sector or private sector employees.

Awww, isn't that cute. You're jealous of what other people have, so you want to take it away from them.

If they were private sector it wouldn't matter. But they are public workers paid with tax money. Why should I have to pay for someones unused sick days?

This "public sector" argument is always pathetic. When people are hired to do a job, they have the right to be compensated for their work. They have the same right to negotiate for as lucrative a compensation package as they can. And once that package is agreed upon, they have a right to receive that compensation. It's the same, regardless of whether they are public sector or private sector employees.

Classic example of why the private sector is more efficient than the public sector........

Not when they are paid with tax payers money. They used to get paid a good deal less than private sector employees and that was why they had the compensation they have. But now they make more then their conterparts in the private sector.
And when they make deals with the same people they help elect it is not fair to the tax payers that are getting gouged.

awww... isn't that typical. You did not bother to read the post where I clarified my position and said I worded that poorly.

I have no interest in your back pedaling.

meaning you have no interest in honesty. like THAT's a fucking surprise.

No, meaning your excuse of a "clarification" was pathetic and nothing more than a lie. Nobody ever said anything about what people could or could not negotiate with whom. But the fact of the matter is that your employer did not agree to pay you for unused sick days. Their employer did. The agreement has been made, and must be honored. You're just jealous that they got something you couldn't get for yourself.

No, meaning your excuse of a "clarification" was pathetic and nothing more than a lie. Nobody ever said anything about what people could or could not negotiate with whom. But the fact of the matter is that your employer did not agree to pay you for unused sick days. Their employer did. The agreement has been made, and must be honored. You're just jealous that they got something you couldn't get for yourself.

So you have no problem with the rich paying less taxes than right? After all if they can negotiate paying less it is their right.

The fact also remains that either side is free to re-negotiate, and either employer is free to tell them to fuck off. Considering the vacation time I do get, I am jealous of nothing. You want to ASSume something, feel free.

Forum List

Back