Gov. Christie proposes 10% N.J. income tax reduction

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Gov. Chris Christie today proposed a 10 percent reduction in state income taxes regardless of income — phased in over three years — and restoration of the earned-income tax credit that would benefit the state's poorest citizens.

Understand what this means," Christie said in his State of the State message, the second one he has delivered since becoming governor in January 2010,. "Every New Jerseyan will get a cut in taxes. The working poor. The struggling middle class. The new college graduates getting their first job. The senior citizens who have already retired. The single mom. The job creators. The parents trying to afford to send their son or daughter to college.

As he put it: " Everyone made the sacrifice. Everyone will share in the benefit."

Gov. Christie proposes 10 percent N.J. income tax reduction | NJ.com

A politician looking out for 100% of the citizens? What a concept. :eek:

Gearing up for 2016?

You realize of course that the lefities will call that "a tax cut for the rich" or even "a tax increase on the poor" or some such nonsense.

Yes. If you look at the comments on the article, many are saying "but the rich guy will save thousands and I only get hundreds" and the like. Even when you try to please everyone, some still think they deserve more.

It appears that you nutters do not need or desire an opposition in order to carry on with your dumb arguments. Do you grasp how ridiculous that is?

There have been two other times in my life that I have seen this.
In the mid 90's Virginia reduced state sales tax.
In Alaska state income tax was abolished (late 70's early 80's)

It appears that you nutters do not need or desire an opposition in order to carry on with your dumb arguments. Do you grasp how ridiculous that is?

what are you babbling about?

Did you not understand my comment? Unfortunate, but not surprising.

I was mocking you and your pal's for having an argument with the "left" on this issue when nobody from the "left" has weighed in one way or another. Get it?

Bet the folks in NJ ain't seen a tax reduction in that State in decades.

Good news for them and better news for Christie.

If CC decides to run for Gov again bet he wins in a landslide.

I was mocking you and your pal's for having an argument with the "left" on this issue when nobody from the "left" has weighed in one way or another. Get it?

wow... you really ARE that stupid. I thought it was an act or something.

I made no argument with the left... I made a comment on a possible future action by the left.

wow... you really ARE that stupid. I thought it was an act or something.

I made no argument with the left... I made a comment on a possible future action by the left.

Oh! That makes MUCH more sense. And it means something completely different.

A property tax reduction would be nice too, but then you'd have some idiot liberal claiming Christie is only looking out for rich property owners. Nevermind that NJ is just about tops in the nation in property tax......

A property tax reduction would be nice too, but then you'd have some idiot liberal claiming Christie is only looking out for rich property owners. Nevermind that NJ is just about tops in the nation in property tax......

It would certainly help my ex, who has enough trouble paying the taxes in NJ as it is.

I owned a 10 year old, two bedroom saltbox home in NJ. The land was about 50 feet wide by about 85' deep. Property taxes were over $3000 a year.

An income tax reduction sounds peachy...but what services will they have to cut in order to pay for it? Will they have to fire policemen, firemen and teachers, their favorite targets? Will street lights be cut off as they have been in so many cities around the country? Will police forces have to tell their citizens to just buy better security for their homes because they won't be able to respond quickly? What's the trade-off?

An income tax reduction sounds peachy...but what services will they have to cut in order to pay for it? Will they have to fire policemen, firemen and teachers, their favorite targets? Will street lights be cut off as they have been in so many cities around the country? Will police forces have to tell their citizens to just buy better security for their homes because they won't be able to respond quickly? What's the trade-off?

perhaps we should wait to find out what, if any, services would need to be altered/reduced in order to pay for the cuts, before we jump to any wild conclusions in either direction?

Just sayin...

EDIT...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-17/christie-calls-for-10-income-tax-cut-for-n-j-.html
apparently the budget soon to be proposed will detail the costs of this tax cut and how it will be paid for. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

perhaps we should wait to find out what, if any, services would need to be altered/reduced in order to pay for the cuts, before we jump to any wild conclusions in either direction?

Just sayin...

It is official DNC policy to label any cut...

EXTREME

Just sayin...

EXTREME

and if a Dem proposes a cut?

Bet the folks in NJ ain't seen a tax reduction in that State in decades.

Good news for them and better news for Christie.

Really? Serving the public benefit is "good" for the people, and better for the politician? No wonder the state of our politics is so fucked up in this country.

Just sayin...

EXTREME

and if a Dem proposes a cut?

Chastised. Unless it leads to more government control.

IE Reducing SS tax on a system about to go tits up.

Actually its already dead. were just playing with the corpse.

Forum List

Back