Got my letter from the census

Never said you can't post or assumed authority over that. I simply said you were repeating points made earlier like you were giving us a gift of remarkable insight. My point was they have no Constitutional grounds for asking the questions. A point you missed because your feelings were hurt through your misinterpretation of my post(s). Again, my posts are not going to cover your points at all, due to the fact I oppose your points. Your point was simply the Census is no big deal, yet you want to make it one when others say it is wrong on some level. You stated a opinion where I stated what the Constitution says and other legal references.

All you have to do is give the constitutionally required information.

What's the big deal? Why are crazy nut job right wingers so against the census?

The Constitutionally required info is how many people live at your house. That is it. No one that I'm aware of has a problem with that one. Its the other nine questions we may not answer. It just occurred to me you have to answer the one Census question, but are not required to vote. Does anyone else find that a bit strange?

It's a constitutional law. Enumeration allows funding to be spread out where it's needed. Voting isn't required by the constitution.

Never said you can't post or assumed authority over that. I simply said you were repeating points made earlier like you were giving us a gift of remarkable insight. My point was they have no Constitutional grounds for asking the questions. A point you missed because your feelings were hurt through your misinterpretation of my post(s). Again, my posts are not going to cover your points at all, due to the fact I oppose your points. Your point was simply the Census is no big deal, yet you want to make it one when others say it is wrong on some level. You stated a opinion where I stated what the Constitution says and other legal references.

All you have to do is give the constitutionally required information.

What's the big deal? Why are crazy nut job right wingers so against the census?

I have no problem with the census or most of the questions. What I do have a problem with is the waste we have already seen, the one million temporary workers, and the involvement of the White house.

We wouldn't need one million temperary workers if there weren't so many right wing nut jobs listening to Michelle Bachmann telling them not to fill out the census.

The White House always promotes the census.

What are you talking about?

Has anyone answered yet, about why the White House is involved in this for the first time ever?

Didn't think so....:eusa_whistle:

Thinking back to 2000, 1990 and 1980, I think the White House was always involved. I always remember the President pushing the Census. Why wouldn't he? Answering the Census is a duty and is required by the Constitution. From my memory, these questions are a lot less intrusive than past census questions.

If it weren't for conspiracy nutjobs like Michelle Bachman inciting paranoia in the masses, we would not need pre-census mailings and the president pushing Americans to respond

The following is the headlines or first paragraph from multiple sites. I do not see anything from previous years, but i could have missed something......

In a move with major political implications for voting, districting and representation in future elections, the Obama administration has demanded oversight of the 2010 U.S. census.

The move has Republicans crying foul, alleging that transferring the power of census-taking from the Commerce Department, which normally oversees the U.S. Census Bureau, to the White House is an attempt to manipulate redistricting of congressional seats.

President Obama said in his inaugural address that he planned to "restore science to its rightful place" in government. That's a worthy goal. But statisticians at the Commerce Department didn't think it would mean having the director of next year's Census report directly to the White House rather than to the Commerce secretary, as is customary. "There's only one reason to have that high level of White House involvement," a career professional at the Census Bureau tells me. "And it's called politics, not science."

The Washington Post's Mary Ann Akers, aka "The Sleuth," has (Tom) Delay Derangement Syndrome (DDS), and she's got it bad.

Akers's DDS outbreak occurred as she reported on the plan by the Obama Administration to have the director of the Census Bureau report to the White House instead of the Director of the Commerce Department.

White House Power Consolidation Continues with 2010 Census Takeover; Will Press Care?

President Obama has decided to have the director of the U.S. Census Bureau work directly with the White House, the administration said today, a move that comes as the Census Bureau prepares to conduct the 2010 census that will determine redistricting of congressional seats

Obama shifts Census oversight, triggering angry protest by Republicans

Are we beginning to understand yet? There are hundreds of these articles........

Has anyone answered yet, about why the White House is involved in this for the first time ever?

Thinking back to 2000, 1990 and 1980, I think the White House was always involved. I always remember the President pushing the Census. Why wouldn't he? Answering the Census is a duty and is required by the Constitution. From my memory, these questions are a lot less intrusive than past census questions.

If it weren't for conspiracy nutjobs like Michelle Bachman inciting paranoia in the masses, we would not need pre-census mailings and the president pushing Americans to respond

He is not pushing it, he is taking control of the census.

Just a little info from the 2000 Census, from the Census Bureau:

"The return rate of the forms did not meet expectations. Based on previous Bureau of the Census mailings, PRED staff had estimated a 50 percent return rate on the forms. The actual return rate, discounting the UAA category, was 23 percent."

http://www.census.gov/pred/www/rpts/AREX2000_Physical_Address.pdf

Stop making it sound like everyone takes the Census.

Eek! My census arrived in the mail today. Whatever shall I do???
(special instructions for Ravi)

carefully open the envelope(dont want you getting a nasty paper cut)
unfold Census
take a pen or pencil and put in the number of people living at your residence in the box beside question #1
fold up Census and carefully insert into the return envelope(see above about paper cuts)
put in mail box to return

:lol:

unfold Census
take a pen or pencil and put in the number of people living at your residence in the box beside question #1
fold up Census and carefully insert into the return envelope(see above about paper cuts)

I'm gonna write 9/11 was an inside job under "race."

unfold Census

I'm gonna write 9/11 was an inside job under "race."
if i actually fill it out THAT far, i'm putting "human"
the only race i care about

Now that I actually think about it, I don't remember ever filling one out, receiving a phone call, or having anyone knock at the door. Strange........

Are they using this data to send more money to the make believe congressional districts that they sent the stimulus money to? here is an idea why not just count the number of LEGAL Americans. not what color, race, sex ect.

Why does every single question ask about latino or persons of hispanic origin?

Why does every single question ask about latino or persons of hispanic origin?

It's about buying new votes. The dems are losing so many previous supporters by forcing Obamacare on them!!! The American people are against Obama care even the congressmen and senators don't want this system for themselves or families!!!!

Every one should answer "other" and put in AMERICAN!!!! Remember the constitution says all men are created equal. why not just count legal American heads period!!!!

Forum List

Back