Got my letter from the census

ACORN Employees have been found guilty of voter registration fraud and there are still investigations happening.
Ya' beat me to it Sarge!

What happened in those tapes cannot be disputed. They showed the abject willingness of ACORN to help in the facilitation of child abuse. The importation of minor sex slaves. Ways to cheat on taxes at the expense of innocent children. Anybody who defends that corrupt organization should be considered one in the same, SCUMBAGS!

And it's really no surprise that it's the liberals who defend that dirtbag organization.

ACORN should be disbanded once and for all!

An owner of a restaurant was recently cited for serving whale meat, all owners of restaurants should be jailed once and for all.
So, what you're really saying is that you don't have a problem with ACORN showing an abject willingness to help facilitate child prostitution. I'll remember that from now on, Wry.

And it bugs me about its attitude.

It does not ask you to fullfil a constitituional obligation. It ask you to make sure you are lined up correctly for the pork teat. It doesn't even mention the constitution.

The letter:

Dear Resident

About one week from now you will receive a 2010 census form in the mail.
When you receive your form, please fill it in and mail it in promptly

Your response is important. Results from the 2010 census will be used to help each community gets its fair share [!!!!!!] of government [ie taxpayer] funds for schools, health facilities, and many other programs you and and your neighbors needs Without a complete, accurate census, your community may not receive its fair share

Thank you in advance for your help

Robert Groves
Director US Census Bureau.

I added my own annotations. What about our representation in congress? Is that too trivial to mention? What about redistricting here in the state of Oregon. That is too trivial as well.

But the really important part of the census is how much we can score off our neighbors. I can see Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Marshall and the rest of the boys being thrilled about that.

Which one's more likely to get most people to actually fill the sucker out and send it back? Sounds to me like the Census Bureau went with the more effective motivational tool to get their job done effectively, and I applaud them for being practical and understanding human nature.

fill the damned thing out and send it back...how fucking how is that concept?

of course it doesnt mention state issues...its a fucking federal letter....but if you want to not be counted....so be it....

If one does NOT fill it out and send it back, they'll just send a census-taker around to the house like a Jehovah's Witness to bug you for your info, anyway. Might as well just do it and move on with the minimum of hassle.

The cost is inflated by at least 10X what it needs to be. I'd rather see the difference reduce the deficit than pay off ACORN cronies.

ACORN was found innocent, but keep up that meme. :thup:

Though O'Keefe has never released the full unedited tapes. I wonder why. :eusa_think:

Maybe he can release the tapes if he ends up going to jail.

ACORN Employees have been found guilty of voter registration fraud and there are still investigations happening.

Ahhhh.......but ACORN itself has been found guilty of nothing. Your argument like saying the company is guilty becaus an employee broke the company's rules and gave illegal advice. That old 'bad apple' theory. If a company can be innocent despite it's bad apples, why not ACORN?

of course it doesnt mention state issues...its a fucking federal letter....but if you want to not be counted....so be it....

If one does NOT fill it out and send it back, they'll just send a census-taker around to the house like a Jehovah's Witness to bug you for your info, anyway. Might as well just do it and move on with the minimum of hassle.
Well then, it looks my dog just may have a couple o' legs to chew on in the very near future!...Good for her!.....Git 'em Lucy!
:razz:

Pretty much discussed your points and counter points earlier in the prior 160 posts. Thanks for reading them before jumping in. Not.

Pretty much discussed your points and counter points earlier in the prior 160 posts. Thanks for reading them before jumping in. Not.

Pretty much lost interest in all the overblown twaddle well before I got to yours. And clearly you didn't do it definitely enough, since the twaddle continued despite it.

But thanks for thinking no one else is allowed to express the same opinion once you have handed it down from on high. God complex much?

ACORN was found innocent, but keep up that meme. :thup:

Though O'Keefe has never released the full unedited tapes. I wonder why. :eusa_think:

Maybe he can release the tapes if he ends up going to jail.

Ahhhh.......but ACORN itself has been found guilty of nothing. Your argument like saying the company is guilty becaus an employee broke the company's rules and gave illegal advice. That old 'bad apple' theory. If a company can be innocent despite it's bad apples, why not ACORN?

ACORN workers in at least nine states have been charged with various crimes related to voter fraud.

At least 50 people have been arrested in connection with ACORN-related voter fraud. Plus four arrest warrants outstanding in Florida.

At least 30 of these cases ended with guilty pleas.

State of ACORN Investigations : Glenn Beck – The 912 Project

Not exactly just a few bad apples.

ACORN workers in at least nine states have been charged with various crimes related to voter fraud.

At least 50 people have been arrested in connection with ACORN-related voter fraud. Plus four arrest warrants outstanding in Florida.

At least 30 of these cases ended with guilty pleas.

State of ACORN Investigations : Glenn Beck – The 912 Project

Not exactly just a few bad apples.
Employees are the representation of the company. They reflect the company's mission so, we now know what ACORN is all about!

There is no disputing it. No disputing it whatsoever!

Pretty much lost interest in all the overblown twaddle well before I got to yours. And clearly you didn't do it definitely enough, since the twaddle continued despite it.

But thanks for thinking no one else is allowed to express the same opinion once you have handed it down from on high. God complex much?

Yet you felt compelled to add your twaddle to the fray. My opinion was opposing to yours, but then you'd have to have actually READ everyone else's posts to know that. I seriously doubt you read much of anyone's posts in this thread.

We are at odds here because you see it as complying with the will of the government. I see government as complying with the will of the people under the Constitution.

Ya' beat me to it Sarge!

What happened in those tapes cannot be disputed. They showed the abject willingness of ACORN to help in the facilitation of child abuse. The importation of minor sex slaves. Ways to cheat on taxes at the expense of innocent children. Anybody who defends that corrupt organization should be considered one in the same, SCUMBAGS!

And it's really no surprise that it's the liberals who defend that dirtbag organization.

ACORN should be disbanded once and for all!

An owner of a restaurant was recently cited for serving whale meat, all owners of restaurants should be jailed once and for all.
So, what you're really saying is that you don't have a problem with ACORN showing an abject willingness to help facilitate child prostitution. I'll remember that from now on, Wry.

What you've suggested is an entire agency be punished for the actions of a few. I simply pointed out that not all owners of eating establishments violate the law, but given your sense of justice, all owners should be punished for the actions of a few.
Don't make stuff up, it weakens any point you want to make. And, btw, dem bums won't finish ahead of my Giants, or the Rockies or the D'backs.

Yet you felt compelled to add your twaddle to the fray. My opinion was opposing to yours, but then you'd have to have actually READ everyone else's posts to know that. I seriously doubt you read much of anyone's posts in this thread.

We are at odds here because you see it as complying with the will of the government. I see government as complying with the will of the people under the Constitution.

Then you have no problem with throwing the Republican congress out then the Republican candidate.

What you've suggested is an entire agency be punished for the actions of a few. I simply pointed out that not all owners of eating establishments violate the law, but given your sense of justice, all owners should be punished for the actions of a few.
Don't make stuff up, it weakens any point you want to make. And, btw, dem bums won't finish ahead of my Giants, or the Rockies or the D'backs.
Make stuff up?

Who the hell trained those people, Wry?.......ACORN!

And why in so many cities did they express their willingness to aid and abet in the facilitation of child prostitution?

It's just too damn obvious.

If it were just one employee in ONE city, you would have a point. The entire organization is corrupt as hell, and we taxpayers shouldn't be footin' their friggin' bill!

As far as my bums are concerned, BRING IT ON!

But right now i'm gearing up for my beloved Lakers to make another run. Nothin' like the NBA playoffs, buddy!

Last edited:

Yes, I felt compelled to say what I thought about the issue . . . just like you and every other person on this board every damned time they post, so stop wasting my time acting as though I somehow did something outrageous and heinous for posting. And obviously I read SOME of the posts, since I respond to them, and my responses are always concise and on-point to the ones I respond to. Just because I don't consider YOUR posts to have sufficiently covered what I wanted to say doesn't mean I didn't read them.

We are at odds mostly because you're being a pompous dickwad who thinks it's up to you to tell me what threads and posts I can respond to, and what responses I'm allowed to make based on whether you have already done so. If you want to piss around, splitting hairs about whether the census and it's really rather boring and unremarkable questions are a horrifying abuse of your privacy, that's your little red wagon. It just shows me that you have too much time on your hands.

Talk about misdirections. Punishing all restaurant owners for the actions of a few is comparable to punishing all community action groups for the actions of ACORN, which would be silly. It is NOT comparable to punishing ACORN - or any other organization - for the actions of its members and employees when acting in an official capacity in ACORN's name. In those cases, ACORN sure as hell SHOULD be punished, because it is responsible for knowing and controlling what its people do in its name. THAT would be comparable to punishing the owner of a restaurant for its manager not meeting health codes, because the owner is responsible for what his employees do in his name.

Duhhhh. It amazes me the extent to which you leftists are willing to appear like laughably ignorant doofuses in public just to defend your heroes.

Yes, I felt compelled to say what I thought about the issue . . . just like you and every other person on this board every damned time they post, so stop wasting my time acting as though I somehow did something outrageous and heinous for posting. And obviously I read SOME of the posts, since I respond to them, and my responses are always concise and on-point to the ones I respond to. Just because I don't consider YOUR posts to have sufficiently covered what I wanted to say doesn't mean I didn't read them.

We are at odds mostly because you're being a pompous dickwad who thinks it's up to you to tell me what threads and posts I can respond to, and what responses I'm allowed to make based on whether you have already done so. If you want to piss around, splitting hairs about whether the census and it's really rather boring and unremarkable questions are a horrifying abuse of your privacy, that's your little red wagon. It just shows me that you have too much time on your hands.

Never said you can't post or assumed authority over that. I simply said you were repeating points made earlier like you were giving us a gift of remarkable insight. My point was they have no Constitutional grounds for asking the questions. A point you missed because your feelings were hurt through your misinterpretation of my post(s). Again, my posts are not going to cover your points at all, due to the fact I oppose your points. Your point was simply the Census is no big deal, yet you want to make it one when others say it is wrong on some level. You stated a opinion where I stated what the Constitution says and other legal references.

Never said you can't post or assumed authority over that. I simply said you were repeating points made earlier like you were giving us a gift of remarkable insight. My point was they have no Constitutional grounds for asking the questions. A point you missed because your feelings were hurt through your misinterpretation of my post(s). Again, my posts are not going to cover your points at all, due to the fact I oppose your points. Your point was simply the Census is no big deal, yet you want to make it one when others say it is wrong on some level. You stated a opinion where I stated what the Constitution says and other legal references.

All you have to do is give the constitutionally required information.

What's the big deal? Why are crazy nut job right wingers so against the census?

The Constitutionally required info is how many people live at your house. That is it. No one that I'm aware of has a problem with that one. Its the other nine questions we may not answer. It just occurred to me you have to answer the one Census question, but are not required to vote. Does anyone else find that a bit strange?

I have no problem with the census or most of the questions. What I do have a problem with is the waste we have already seen, the one million temporary workers, and the involvement of the White house.

Forum List

Back