Got my letter from the census

Why does every single question ask about latino or persons of hispanic origin?
Yes,and in English too. :cuckoo:

Mine's already to send out answered questions 1 and 2, then sealaed it up. Waiting until April 1 to mail.

Last edited:
Has anyone answered yet, about why the White House is involved in this for the first time ever?

Didn't think so....:eusa_whistle:

Thinking back to 2000, 1990 and 1980, I think the White House was always involved. I always remember the President pushing the Census. Why wouldn't he? Answering the Census is a duty and is required by the Constitution. From my memory, these questions are a lot less intrusive than past census questions.

If it weren't for conspiracy nutjobs like Michelle Bachman inciting paranoia in the masses, we would not need pre-census mailings and the president pushing Americans to respond

And, of course, the US Census Bureau falls under the control of the executive branch, which has the job of actually carrying out the functions of the federal government. Therefore, it is basically the President's job, as head of the executive branch, to facilitate the efficient execution of the census as much as he can.

Has anyone answered yet, about why the White House is involved in this for the first time ever?

Didn't think so....:eusa_whistle:

Thinking back to 2000, 1990 and 1980, I think the White House was always involved. I always remember the President pushing the Census. Why wouldn't he? Answering the Census is a duty and is required by the Constitution. From my memory, these questions are a lot less intrusive than past census questions.

If it weren't for conspiracy nutjobs like Michelle Bachman inciting paranoia in the masses, we would not need pre-census mailings and the president pushing Americans to respond

And, of course, the US Census Bureau falls under the control of the executive branch, which has the job of actually carrying out the functions of the federal government. Therefore, it is basically the President's job, as head of the executive branch, to facilitate the efficient execution of the census as much as he can.

The census is normally run by and overseen by the Commerce Department Not the White House.

In 2000, 23% returned their census by mail, completely filled out and on time. It was pretty much a nonevent. Also, look at how many roads and bridges got replaced or repaired as a result of the census. We have more schools and less jobs than we need here. How did the census help?

well if you dont want to do it.....a couple people on my route left theirs in the outgoing box with....."no one by this name lives here"......we get this shit all the time....

In 2000, 23% returned their census by mail, completely filled out and on time. It was pretty much a nonevent. Also, look at how many roads and bridges got replaced or repaired as a result of the census. We have more schools and less jobs than we need here. How did the census help?

I remember the way they divided up Ohio's districts after the 2000 census. Made absolutely zero sense.

Every one should answer "other" and put in AMERICAN!!!! Remember the constitution says all men are created equal. why not just count legal American heads period!!!!

Because the Census Bureau also provides a lot of other useful statistical information for all sorts of things. For example, businesses use census data to make decisions about where to locate, whether and how to expand, gauging their competition, deciding what vendors to do business with, and to set advertising, among many other things. Without the information provided by the Census Bureau, our economy would run a lot less smoothly due to a lack of vital information.

Why does every single question ask about latino or persons of hispanic origin?
Yes,and in English too. :cuckoo:

Mine's already to send out answered questions 1 and 2, then sealaed it up. Waiting until April 1 to mail.

Well, you'll be entertaining a census taker in your home in the near future, then. Be nice and offer him some iced tea and cookies.

The census is normally run by and overseen by the Commerce Department Not the White House.

The Commerce Department is part of the executive branch of the federal government, which is headed by the President. The Commerce Department answers to the White House.

Now that I actually think about it, I don't remember ever filling one out, receiving a phone call, or having anyone knock at the door. Strange........

This year, or ever in your entire life?

In my entire Life... I mean I'm sure I must have, but I certainly do not remember it. And after talking to the Mrs, neither does she.

I doubt it was a particularly outstanding, memorable occasion. Pretty boring and routine, I'm sure.

I remember the way they divided up Ohio's districts after the 2000 census. Made absolutely zero sense.

Let's face it. Politicians frequently have other concerns besides sheer population distribution when they draw districts.

Forum List

Back