GOP spokesman says hurl acid at Democrats

I guess the war on women starts with acid in the face of females elected democrats

I find it somewhat amusing how people try and take a stupid comment from a unknown politician or in this case a spokesperson for a unknown politician and try and blow it up into a big indictment of the party they belong to.

As a rhetorical turn of phrase, it was still fucking stupid.

But does anyone actually think he was speaking literally (if he DID say it at all)?

"If he did say it at all"????? He said it. There's been no denial. There's been hundreds of press accounts of him saying it. He said it.

How the fuck do I know if he meant it literally. Perhaps he should be the one to answer that. There's certainly enough wingnut loons who advocate violence out there to make me wonder.

Maybe he said it. Maybe he didn't. I have yet to see his ACTUAL words and I have yet to see it acknowledged. But let's just say he did say it.

It is tragically stupid and probably dishonest of you to even pretend to believe that anybody would say that and mean it literally. Still, even as a rhetorical statement, it was fucking stupid.

You remain a mindless partisan hack.

Those words shouldn't be all that tough to find. They're directly quoted or linked to the Facebook page where he made those statements.

It's tragically stupid of me? Like the websites who posted wanted dead or alive posters for people providing woman's health services. No, it's not. Randall used to haul Shepard around, even during his murder frenzy. Plausible deniability is easy bullshit to cut through.

So why didn't Hayworth fire this nut?

"If he did say it at all"????? He said it. There's been no denial. There's been hundreds of press accounts of him saying it. He said it.

How the fuck do I know if he meant it literally. Perhaps he should be the one to answer that. There's certainly enough wingnut loons who advocate violence out there to make me wonder.

Maybe he said it. Maybe he didn't. I have yet to see his ACTUAL words and I have yet to see it acknowledged. But let's just say he did say it.

It is tragically stupid and probably dishonest of you to even pretend to believe that anybody would say that and mean it literally. Still, even as a rhetorical statement, it was fucking stupid.

Those words shouldn't be all that tough to find. They're directly quoted or linked to the Facebook page where he made those statements.

It's tragically stupid of me? Like the websites who posted wanted dead or alive posters for people providing woman's health services. No, it's not. Randall used to haul Shepard around, even during his murder frenzy. Plausible deniability is easy bullshit to cut through.

Yes. It is tragically stupid of you.

There is absolutely not one honest reason on the face of the Earth for you to "believe" or even pretend to imagine that anybody said that meaning it literally.

You remain a clusterfuck of stupid and unpersuasive partisan hack.

He meant,show up the Female Democrats for the hypocrites that they are.
Female Democratic Senators pay their male staffer's more in the amount of 21,000.00, more than their Female Staffer's.

Senate Dems Betray Lilly | Washington Free Beacon

Which party gets out in the streets protesting, causing public damage and shuts down businesses.
Democrats are the one's who are violent.
Not the Republicans.

Exactly.

And as Becki said, I'd be curious to see the phrasing of the comment which prompted the acid-throwing response.

It's very unfortunate that Townsend said that. Hayworth covered for him and it looks like her campaign is going to suffer for it.

Wish they could have found a different way to underscore the hypocrisy of Democrats paying their female employees so much less than the males.

Rdean, spokesperson for the Dems, thought China was in Texas and believes that The Onion is a real newspaper

Peer reviewed as 100% accurate.

:thup:

CF was RIGHT on target!
Calif_Type-100_yd_X_Single_Bullseye_full.jpg

Last edited:
Gee, what he said was indefensible. The only thing we weren't informed of is what was said by the loyal opposition to inspire such acerbic speech.

I'm sure we will hear the grisly details in 12 years from now. :rolleyes:

Go to the Facebook page where he said it, and report back. I'm sure you'll find something to justify his statement that we should hurl acid on Democrat women. I harbor quite a bit of resentment toward Republican women like Palin and Schafly, but I never suggested violent disfigurement. I guess right wingers have a different value system than I do.
Apparently you can link what I said, but you do not know what I said. I said it was freaking indefensible. Why would you think someone who thinks something is indefensible would justify what he said? The word means one cannot justify what the man said, the exception being if the other party said or did something worse first. That has not been shown and will not be ironed out for years due to omerta oaths some people take not to reveal an utterly disgusting secret likely of a highly illegal nature.

You may or may not like Republicans for whatever reason you ascribe to justify your feelings of disenchantment to hatred. When our guys err, there is an expectation of making the situation right. However, if something screwy is going on, that needs to be known before I will render something as worthy of dismissing a public servant or not.

There now is a fly on every wall, and there are no secrets left in the world. There are people who know what the secrets are, however, and speaking to that secret causes a lot of conflict among those who are unenlightened by that same knowledge.

When liberals err, do you expect them to make things right with the person who was wronged? Or do you make certain they do not pay for their error or even crime of something as heinous as obstruction of justice, for example? You know, there's a distinctive and definite reason the forum founders here have a little icon used to describe correcting your own party's gaffes: :lalala:

That one is appropriate for when a person has just obstructed a citizen's justice using his high office and confidential files to do so, and then his side threw him a goddamned celebration party in the White House rose garden to "celebrate" his getting away with it with the wrist slap of a $600,000 fine rather than removal from office, which should have been done to stop the idiotic nonsense.

Last edited:
I find it somewhat amusing how people try and take a stupid comment from a unknown politician or in this case a spokesperson for a unknown politician and try and blow it up into a big indictment of the party they belong to.

Unknown politician? This is someone who's running for congress ignoring the words of his spokesman. When someone hires someone to speak for them, they own it. If the words of those people becomes so outrageous, they fire them, and disavow the statements. Has Hayworth done that?

I guess you'd like to dumb down rhetoric to the point where wanting to throw acid on those who have a different opinion is acceptable political discourse.

Then FIND them, ya hapless dip shit.

Jay Townsend, a campaign spokesman for Republican Rep. Nan Hayworth (NY-19) has ignited a controversy after he [ALLEGEDLY] said, "Let's hurl some acid" at female Democratic senators.

Townsend's comments (which have since been removed) were posted Thursday on a local Facebook discussion forum for New York's 19 th congressional district. Townsend was responding to comments made by a commenter named "Tom" during an online debate over gas prices. Townsend wrote:
Republican spokesman: {Emphasis added.}

But remember, when a Democat says they want to help send the Tea party to hell, or we are terrorist holding people hostage, etc etc...They DON'T speak for the WHOLE Democrat party nor are they a spokesperon for the party..

Jay Townsend, spokescum for Republican Nan Hayworth of NY, has declared that Republicans should hurl acid at female Democrats in Congress. No comment from Hayworth, who should be voted O-U-T in November if she doesn't fire this guy. No wonder we are too divided as a nation, there are lunatics like Townsend speaking 'his mind'.

Yet, the location of space shuttles is a "reason" to despise Chuck Shumer. THIS is a reason to get rid of the rest of the Foley, Crane, Craig types in DC.

You didn't say this when Maxine Waters wished us all into hell did you? Or did you?
I didn't know I was in the "I want a divorce from the liberals" thread. Rep coming your way, WillowTree, if I have one that is. :lmao:

He meant,show up the Female Democrats for the hypocrites that they are.
Female Democratic Senators pay their male staffer's more in the amount of 21,000.00, more than their Female Staffer's.

Senate Dems Betray Lilly | Washington Free Beacon

Which party gets out in the streets protesting, causing public damage and shuts down businesses.
Democrats are the one's who are violent.
Not the Republicans.

Exactly.

And as Becki said, I'd be curious to see the phrasing of the comment which prompted the acid-throwing response.

It's very unfortunate that Townsend said that. Hayworth covered for him and it looks like her campaign is going to suffer for it.

Wish they could have found a different way to underscore the hypocrisy of Democrats paying their female employees so much less than the males.

Like this?

Obama White House Pays Women Less Than Men?

But remember, when a Democat says they want to help send the Tea party to hell, or we are terrorist holding people hostage, etc etc...They DON'T speak for the WHOLE Democrat party nor are they a spokesperon for the party..
/thread

Forum List

Back