GOP spokesman says hurl acid at Democrats

They are inherently violent people and that is why they know this violent talk whips up the base

Think of the Grover Norquist quote about killing the US government.

He chooses a method to kill our country that is up close and personal.

Someone who drowns a weakened person in the bathtub is enjoying the death.

its slow and hands on with a face to face aspect.

Grover will ENJOY the death of this country very personally

Snippy, it is Jay Townsend who urged the acid attacks, not me. LINK:

Republican spokesman:

did i say you said it? No. I asked for a link.... some of us like context so that we may ascertain the validity of a claim.... unfortunately, people are often prone to exaggerate - or downright lie about what someone says.

Googling "Hayworth hurl acid" would have yielded 52,000 results.

Here's one:

Republican spokesman: ‘Let's hurl some acid' at female Democratic senators

Here's another:

Hayworth campaign spokesman under fire for 'acid' comment

Here's one from the right wing UPI:

GOP spokesman slammed for 'acid' comment

How can anyone who posts 24/7, like you do, be so uninformed?
You may have had a point, right up until you said right wing UPI. That just crashed your credibility.

BTW.....this one fellow is NOT a spokesperson for the GOP.....how hard is that to understand people?

It was a stupid comment by someone who should really take a vacation and spend some time catching some sun on a beach somewhere.

A visit by the Secret Service, or US Marshal's office, (whichever one is tasked with threats to Congress) might be in order too. Might just wake him up to the realities between being gung-ho to remove Democrats and just plain being over the line.

did i say you said it? No. I asked for a link.... some of us like context so that we may ascertain the validity of a claim.... unfortunately, people are often prone to exaggerate - or downright lie about what someone says.

Here's one:

Here's another:

You may have had a point, right up until you said right wing UPI. That just crashed your credibility.

BTW.....this one fellow is NOT a spokesperson for the GOP.....how hard is that to understand people?

It was a stupid comment by someone who should really take a vacation and spend some time catching some sun on a beach somewhere.

A visit by the Secret Service, or US Marshal's office, (whichever one is tasked with threats to Congress) might be in order too. Might just wake him up to the realities between being gung-ho to remove Democrats and just plain being over the line.

I do not think UPI is "right wing" myself.

Jay Townsend, GOP Spokesman: 'Let's Hurl Some Acid At Those Female Democratic Senators'

they will try and talk this violence whit whenever they can, it riles up their insane base.

They must be outed for all to see every time they do it.

"My question today... when is Tommy boy going to weigh in on all the Lilly Ledbetter hypocrites who claim to be fighting the War on Women? Let’s hurl some acid at those female democratic Senators who won’t abide the mandates they want to impose on the private sector."

A spokesman for Rep. Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.)

Gee, what he said was indefensible. The only thing we weren't informed of is what was said by the loyal opposition to inspire such acerbic speech.

I'm sure we will hear the grisly details in 12 years from now. :rolleyes:

Go to the Facebook page where he said it, and report back. I'm sure you'll find something to justify his statement that we should hurl acid on Democrat women. I harbor quite a bit of resentment toward Republican women like Palin and Schafly, but I never suggested violent disfigurement. I guess right wingers have a different value system than I do.

Here's one:

Here's another:

I do not think UPI is "right wing" myself.

It's been bought by the Moonies a few years ago.

I like how you said "GOP Spokesman" as if he spoke for all of the GOP., and as if he was speaking to the public at large. Very sneaky there Peach.

Dishonest as all get out, but clever.

No, READING is required, it is noted in the post who he works for. Thread titles can only be so long, try again. This Facebook post was removed, or so I have read, but there is no denial he urged serious, heinous felonies be committed:

Republican spokesman:

No, HONESTY on your part is required, but it never occurs.

A more HONEST thread title would have been...
Spokesman for Rep. Nan Hayworth Says Hurl Acid at Democrats

But you are incapable of honesty.

Snippy, it is Jay Townsend who urged the acid attacks, not me. LINK:

Republican spokesman:

Here's one:

Here's another:

was he a GOP spokesperson, or just the spokesperson for 1 man?

As a rhetorical turn of phrase, it was still fucking stupid.

But does anyone actually think he was speaking literally (if he DID say it at all)?

"If he did say it at all"????? He said it. There's been no denial. There's been hundreds of press accounts of him saying it. He said it.

How the fuck do I know if he meant it literally. Perhaps he should be the one to answer that. There's certainly enough wingnut loons who advocate violence out there to make me wonder.

Here's one:

Here's another:

was he a GOP spokesperson, or just the spokesperson for 1 man?

He's a Republican spokesperson for a GOP candidate. Did Hayworth have anything to say about his words?

As a rhetorical turn of phrase, it was still fucking stupid.

But does anyone actually think he was speaking literally (if he DID say it at all)?

"If he did say it at all"????? He said it. There's been no denial. There's been hundreds of press accounts of him saying it. He said it.

How the fuck do I know if he meant it literally. Perhaps he should be the one to answer that. There's certainly enough wingnut loons who advocate violence out there to make me wonder.

Maybe he said it. Maybe he didn't. I have yet to see his ACTUAL words and I have yet to see it acknowledged. But let's just say he did say it.

It is tragically stupid and probably dishonest of you to even pretend to believe that anybody would say that and mean it literally. Still, even as a rhetorical statement, it was fucking stupid.

You remain a mindless partisan hack.

Forum List

Back