Kevin McCarthy should resign

If he doesn't resign and retire, he should be primaried.

I have a family member (married to Republican Central Committee), she says McCarthy has worn out his welcome. His own constituents fed up with him. He sold his soul a job he could not handle. He gained nothing but contempt for his constant rollling over to MTG. I think he sees the hand writing on the wall.

McCarthy's constituents will decide whether he should stay in Congress.

A lady at a business luncheon opined the other day that Gaetz' behavior is such that the USAF should carpet bomb his district. I thought a bit extreme.

The 147 gutless Trump lackeys who voted against certifying Biden's election win should all be forced to resign for attempting to destroy Democracy in this Country.

They're all nothing but a bunch of traitors.
does that include the dems that challenged the certification of the 2016 election ?

... all four of them, all of which withdrew their objections? If you wish.

This is whataboutism by yidnar, nothing more. The GOP as a party engaged in a treasonous plot to overthrow the election.
nope ... they legally challenged the results ... just like dims do with every election they lose ... heck the left came a lot closer to overturning the 2000 election than Trump did with the 2020 election.

You liberals would love that.

And of course you are wrong again. I believe violence serves no purpose other than create more violence. Only the violence of the MAGA MAGGOTS is real. MAGA hates our country and want to install a dictator for life, that is when the real violence begin, and they will on the losing side.

Kat fight!

So Republicans will have one less vote in the House at least until March of next year?

Once Rep. Kevin McCarthy leaves the House of Representatives, California will have a vacant seat in the 20th Congressional district.

According to the California Secretary of State, if McCarthy resigns before the close of the candidate’s nomination period, Gov. Gavin Newsom, within 14 days, must call for a special election.

A special election would determine a temporary replacement until the end of McCarthy’s elected term ending in January 2025. The Secretary of State’s office said it can not detail whether a special election would be consolidated with the March 2024 primary because McCarthy has not given a resignation date.

Or even better!

If McCarthy resigns after the nomination deadline, Gov. Newsom can exercise discretion, meaning he can choose whether to call for a special election. If Newsom does not, the seat would be vacant until the end of McCarthy’s term in office with impacts on the politics of the House

Fuckin A right it would. I hope Kevin waits.

Forum List

Back