GOP Got Hammered in Virginia - oh well, who cares?

It seems the GOP is losing the suburbs that pushed them over the top in 2016
It seems to be the case in Pennsylvania
The suburbs did not push the GOP over the top in 2016.

Rural votes did.

View attachment 288445

Donald Trump won narrowly in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. He won by getting rural voters and enough suburban voters. That coalition was shattered in 2018 as suburban voters went with Democrats in 2018. In 2019, the Virginia GOP again saw a massive defection of suburban voters and suburban voters in Kentucky split their ballots between a Republican for AG and a Democrat for Governor. The rural areas are dying while the suburban areas are growing.

Rural votes did.

All of those suburban Congressional districts around Philly were held by Republicans. Now every single one is held by a Democrat, but by all means, pretend it means nothing.
Not saying it means nothing, but with 65% of the rural vote and 45% of the suburban vote and 40% of the urban vote, Trump wins, methinks.

VA is politically dominated by its growing urban NOVA population, thanks to fed gov growth. NOVA has become the tail that wags that state’s dog.
NOVA is the dog
Rest of the state are fleas living off the dog

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450
I recall the Great Douche won the state by 30 plus?

The guy was an incredibly unpopular republican governor. He pissed everyone off. He went up against the teachers unions in that state which are VERY popular. One poll had him losing by 20 points. He wound up barely losing at all. So Trump gave him a HELL of a boost. But 5 of 6 that he did campaign for won, and won bigly.

Last edited:
Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

The guy was an incredibly unpopular republican governor. He pissed everyone off. He went up against the teachers unions in that state which are VERY popular. One poll had him losing by 30 points. He wound up barely losing at all. So Trump gave him a HELL of a boost. But 5 of 6 that he did campaign for won, and won bigly.
Can you show that poll?

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

The guy was an incredibly unpopular republican governor. He pissed everyone off. He went up against the teachers unions in that state which are VERY popular. One poll had him losing by 30 points. He wound up barely losing at all. So Trump gave him a HELL of a boost. But 5 of 6 that he did campaign for won, and won bigly.
Can you show that poll?

You can google it yourself but being a democrat you always want others to do your work for you.

Kentucky Polls

TMR showed him ahead by 19 points on Oct 20th.

Rural votes did.

View attachment 288445

Beat me to it. These guys are so far out in left field not only are they not right.... They're not even wrong.

Most of the experts seem to agree that Trump will re-elect with a wider margin.

Jo

I hate the Virginia GOP for being the bunch of Corporate Crony slugs that they are. I mean, GAwd, to have screwed over Cuccinelli the way they did, and McConnell is just disgraceful, but the corporations want a blue Virginia and the Virginia GOP wont stand in their way, no siree!

The GOP didnt even bother in this state it is so Never Trump and full of Federali gravy train pigs.

Kentucky governor's mansion flips to a DEMOCRAT as Donald Trump's political coattails get shorter | Daily Mail Online

Virginia, especially, looked bad for Republicans. Democrats took over the state Senate with an apparent 21–19 margin, and were poised to take a 54–45 advantage in the House of Delegates, with 1 independent likely to win a seat.

Republicans had controlled both houses of the State Assembly by 2 seats in each.​

The GOP of Virginia is like RINO capital of the Globalist Empire.

Oh yes, Kentucky methinks will be won by GOP on a recount or the legislature settling the whole thing.

Precisely. The Virginia Republicans are useless. I know, I live there.
The Great Douche needs you to eat more peanuts out ITS SHIT. Do you keep count?

The results were not unexpected. It will change little.
LOL! Seems the GOV. said what he will get passed now. That will be growing HUGE. He gets to remap the Gerrymandering of the state more. OOPS!
The state is FULLY BLUE soon now! Try to save other former red states. Go with fake gods.

No. Northern Virginia and Portsmouth are blue. Northern Virginia especially has simply become Maryland.

Bloomberg's anti-gun org funded many Virginia Democrats, and the Democrats have stated that they will go after the guns first, and aggressively. They'd best reconsider, because in such an instance the guns are just as likely to come after them.

No threat from me, merely an observation of human nature and Virginia.

I hate the Virginia GOP for being the bunch of Corporate Crony slugs that they are. I mean, GAwd, to have screwed over Cuccinelli the way they did, and McConnell is just disgraceful, but the corporations want a blue Virginia and the Virginia GOP wont stand in their way, no siree!

The GOP didnt even bother in this state it is so Never Trump and full of Federali gravy train pigs.

Kentucky governor's mansion flips to a DEMOCRAT as Donald Trump's political coattails get shorter | Daily Mail Online

Virginia, especially, looked bad for Republicans. Democrats took over the state Senate with an apparent 21–19 margin, and were poised to take a 54–45 advantage in the House of Delegates, with 1 independent likely to win a seat.

Republicans had controlled both houses of the State Assembly by 2 seats in each.​

Oh yes, Kentucky methinks will be won by GOP on a recount or the legislature settling the whole thing.

The last time the Democrats controlled Virginia to this extent, their President was Jefferson Davis….

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

The guy was an incredibly unpopular republican governor. He pissed everyone off. He went up against the teachers unions in that state which are VERY popular. One poll had him losing by 20 points. He wound up barely losing at all. So Trump gave him a HELL of a boost. But 5 of 6 that he did campaign for won, and won bigly.
Why is the liberal teachers union very popular??

I thought conservatives hated unions, especially a bunch of whiney liberal teachers complaining about education funding

Bevin was unpopular despite doing everything in his power to be like a Trump

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

I thought conservatives hated unions, especially a bunch of whiney liberal teachers complaining about education funding

I don't know, I don't live there. Ask people in Kentucky.

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

Don't have to....they answered already...So let's be clear, Bevin didn't lose because Bevin went off the Republican script and passed a bunch of liberal policies, Bevin lost because he is a highly unlikeable human being, even for conservatives -- and he also lost because of his policies....and these policies are core republican policies...

Undercutting unions and cutting education and teacher salaries/pensions are republican policies, Bevin tried it and got voted out...

Kentuckians love their Obamacare (as long as you call it Kentucky Connect) -- and they punished their Trump sycophant governor for trying to take away their healthcare....

Essentially Kentuckians voted against Bevin because he pushed super unpopular — but standard — conservative policies -- and whenever it comes to policies, republicans lose -- which is why they have to resort to demonization and manufacturing cultural war arguments instead

Hmm!? LOL!

View attachment 288450

Don't have to....they answered already...So let's be clear, Bevin didn't lose because Bevin went off the Republican script and passed a bunch of liberal policies, Bevin lost because he is a highly unlikeable human being, even for conservatives -- and he also lost because of his policies....and these policies are core republican policies...

Undercutting unions and cutting education and teacher salaries/pensions are republican policies, Bevin tried it and got voted out...

Kentuckians love their Obamacare (as long as you call it Kentucky Connect) -- and they punished their Trump sycophant governor for trying to take away their healthcare....

Essentially Kentuckians voted against Bevin because he pushed super unpopular — but standard — conservative policies -- and whenever it comes to policies, republicans lose -- which is why they have to resort to demonization and manufacturing cultural war arguments instead

He sucked, no doubt about it.

Translation: The Virginia GOP refuses to become the party of crazies like Corey Stewart and Ken Cuccinelli. Since Trump has become President, suburban voters are fleeing the GOP. There are not enough racists and fascists to make up for that.

The only way they win in Kentucky is to steal the election.
SO if a dem win it stole win? LOL
upload_2019-11-7_10-51-43.png

The higher population of left wingers in the Tidewater who work in D.C. helped the democrats take over the state while western Virginia elected republicans. You almost gotta laugh at hypocrite democrats who support a governor who posed for college yearbook photos dressed in a KKK outfit and/or Blackface. If it was a republican he would be forced to resign.

Rural votes did.

View attachment 288445

Beat me to it. These guys are so far out in left field not only are they not right.... They're not even wrong.

Most of the experts seem to agree that Trump will re-elect with a wider margin.

Jo
Wouldn’t bet the ranch on it

The higher population of left wingers in the Tidewater who work in D.C. helped the democrats take over the state while western Virginia elected republicans. You almost gotta laugh at hypocrite democrats who support a governor who posed for college yearbook photos dressed in a KKK outfit and/or Blackface. If it was a republican he would be forced to resign.

When have Republicans ever resigned?

Forum List

Back