The GOP is the party of the rich. How come the ten poorest counties are in Ruby Red States?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
As I've linked to before, five of the ten poorest counties are in Kentucky and West Virginia, two states even more white than the Republican Party. So much for Republicans insisting that poverty is because black people live in their states.

Remember, Republicans give tax cuts to billionaires. They want to get rid of pollution and safety laws so the super rich can make more money. They want to turn over land for mining to the super rich to mine in salmon fisheries and frack in pristine lands where our clean water comes from.

The GOP has become the party of choice for the very rich. Even the president boasted that he tax cuts for the rich will make his friends so much more rich.

So how come the GOP base is so poor? Certainly the majority of Republicans aren't rich. So why is the GOP the "Party of the Super Wealthy"?

Instead of saying that's not true, because we know it is, try telling us why it's true. What do poor Republicans get out of dirty land and dirty water, no healthcare, higher infant mortality and shorter life expectancy?

This crap again?

6 of the 10 wealthiest members of Congress are Democrats.

As I've linked to before, five of the ten poorest counties are in Kentucky and West Virginia, two states even more white than the Republican Party. So much for Republicans insisting that poverty is because black people live in their states.

Remember, Republicans give tax cuts to billionaires. They want to get rid of pollution and safety laws so the super rich can make more money. They want to turn over land for mining to the super rich to mine in salmon fisheries and frack in pristine lands where our clean water comes from.

The GOP has become the party of choice for the very rich. Even the president boasted that he tax cuts for the rich will make his friends so much more rich.

So how come the GOP base is so poor? Certainly the majority of Republicans aren't rich. So why is the GOP the "Party of the Super Wealthy"?

Instead of saying that's not true, because we know it is, try telling us why it's true. What do poor Republicans get out of dirty land and dirty water, no healthcare, higher infant mortality and shorter life expectancy?

So how would voting for Democrats increase their wealth and standard of living?

I'm all ears.

Last edited:

jay gould said "I can hire one half of the working class to kill the other half. "

The half he can hire to kill the other half are all conservative christians.

Voting for Harry Reid increased the hell out of his standard of living.

• Banned
differences-in-income-growth-across-united-states-counties-figure-03-large.png

After 150 years of conservative economic policies in the US, the poorest areas in the country are concentrated in Republicans areas.

Trump asked African Americans "what do you have to lose?" Now we know. Civil rights among other things.

Since the country does better under a Democratic President, why not skip the GOP mess and vote Democrat. What do you have to lose?

And yet, real evidence shows it is the Dems who have sold out to the uber rich. But never let a fact get in the way of your partisan whore memes, right derpy?

2020 Presidential Race

Alaska has it right.

It was under a Republican governor that they signed into law that money that comes from oil companies goes to the residents.

I think that's a great idea for the rest of the country.

The ground belongs to the country. Why do so few get to profit off what comes out of it?

Alaska has it right.

It was under a Republican governor that they signed into law that money that comes from oil companies goes to the residents.

I think that's a great idea for the rest of the country.

The ground belongs to the country. Why do so few get to profit off what comes out of it?

Good question. Ask the Dems, they have controlled the BLM policy for decades.

And yet, real evidence shows it is the Dems who have sold out to the uber rich. But never let a fact get in the way of your partisan whore memes, right derpy?

2020 Presidential Race
And the very first name on your list is Donald Trump. Getting more than everyone else put together.

Thanks for showing us that list.

It proves my point.

After 150 years of conservative economic policies in the US, the poorest areas in the country are concentrated in Republicans areas.

Trump asked African Americans "what do you have to lose?" Now we know. Civil rights among other things.

Since the country does better under a Democratic President, why not skip the GOP mess and vote Democrat. What do you have to lose?

demspoorvoters.JPG

2020 Presidential Race
And the very first name on your list is Donald Trump. Getting more than everyone else put together.

Thanks for showing us that list.

It proves my point.

Yeah....from SMALL INDIVIDUAL DONORS YOU FUCKING MORON! Biden is getting almost all of his campaign donations from HUGE corporations.

Try reading the sources of the donations you fucking imbecile. You are truly too stupid to breed.

It’s very simple. I’ve trued to explain this several times over the last couple months;

ITS NOT ABOUT THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!!!

The GOP has a far more varied platform than just the economic planks. It’s about morality, personal responsibility, gun rights, etc...

Even when we are looking st the economy, many of us put ideology above personal betterment.

Then explain why the poverty rate is disproportionally higher for blacks, who have traditionally been voting for Democrats forever?

And don't say "Because those white Republicans keep holding them down."

Democrats are poor uneducated welfare moochers and that is why they hate the rich.

Because that’s not true. It’s a illusion in your mind. That’s why you’re allergic to real facts numbers. The country is doing Great Again. He working on mental health so hang in there.

The maps and statistics hide one very profound fact: Inner-city folks are poor as shit (financially and otherwise), but their poverty is concealed (in these maps) by the juxtaposed wealth of the urban "elites." The middle-class, of course, has long abandoned the Leftist inner cities.

There are many more "dirt" poor people in Chicago and Philadelphia alone (in neighborhoods that vote 100% Democrat) than there are in all of Kentucky.

The obvious answer, which means you can't understand it, is that they are not the party of the rich. That's the democrats.

Forum List

Back