GOP Congressman Associating with Obama is 'Touching a Tar Baby'

I didn't admit shit. I phrased your position on the issue, it's a fucking cop out. No amount of false accusations should have any bearing on legit fucking racism.

Fucking like it or not it DOES have a bearing on how people respond to legit racism. If you're too blinded by your outrage to consider that perspective, then perhaps you have a taste of how all those falsely accused felt. Don't worry though, eventually it stops stinging so much.;)

It has a bearing on people who are looking to soften the blow of legit racism, otherwise it's fucking meaningless. You aren't fooling me.

Awww gee, cause that's my goal.:lol: Perhaps you should redirect your anger and bitterness towards those assholes who helped to create this environment by making it a game to knowingly and falsely accuse people of being racists for the past three years. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on that.:D

If your incapable of critical thought to see how the analogy works then put me on ignore and bad rep me. I really don't care. I don't know the man and don't know what his intent was so Fuck off.

Ps. Bush was Hitler, remember?

Now blow me...

I like how you can make a thread complaining that forums drive extreme ideology and then proceed to act like a far right wing moron.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6341HeJDgU]‪Richard Pryor & Chevy Chase - Word Association‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Another sick fuck.

The outrage isn't feigned, dude. That's blatant racism from a United States fucking Congressman.

If your incapable of critical thought to see how the analogy works then put me on ignore and bad rep me. I really don't care. I don't know the man and don't know what his intent was so Fuck off.

Now blow me...

Put you on ignore and neg rep you?

:lol:

Pussy.

Oh, and you didn't know the man but you are more than willing to run static for his racism. TFF

Go ahead and find a quote of me calling BOOOOOOOOOSHHH Hitler.

Prove the intent!!!

Who the hell uses the term tar baby for anything but a racial slur anymore? I've never heard it being used in another manner but as a slur.

I guess this will go unanswered by those defending the Congressman.

I'm not defending anyone bert. If he did something inapropriate then the body should deal with it accordingly. But this guy is making it into the crime of the century. You guys have called the right so many god damn names and now I'm supposed to care? Get real

Who the hell uses the term tar baby for anything but a racial slur anymore? I've never heard it being used in another manner but as a slur.

I've never heard it used as a racial slur.

Of course, I've not heard it used in several years - since I moved from the Midwest - but when I have heard it used, it is used in exactly the non-slang manner that it means - it's a problem that is so strong that even if one touches it, they are sucked into it, becoming part of the problem.

Last edited:
Awww gee, cause that's my goal

Sure as hell looks that way, it was your first reaction and you've done nothing but run with it all thread.....

I hope you're sitting down, in case this comes as a shock, but I don't give a fucking shit how it looks to you.;) Anyway, I have found it amusing since my first post, that people have responded to your outrage in such a dismissive manner. On the bright side, you're young and will get over it.:razz:

Of course, I've not heard it used in several years - since I moved from the Midwest - but when I have heard it used, it is used in exactly the non-slang manner that it means - it's a problem that is so strong that even if one touches it, they are sucked into it, becoming part of the problem.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

08-jon-lovitz1.jpg

Tar baby is one of those terms that while use to mean something else has changed meaning over time.

For example, the words gay and bully.

When you hear someone use the word bully, it's almost always a term associated with someone who intimates others.

The archaic definition however is the modern-day version of swell. I remember when I was reading the Theodore Roosevelt trilogy and he use to love saying that word.

At the very least, the Congressman was completely ignorant and I think there are far better terms to use to describe what's he looking for anyway. Personally, I don't know if he was using it in a racist manner. I would like to think he wasn't because that would just be a high level of stupidity on so many levels. But at the same time, it wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

It seems somewhat racist though to say the least.

So basically this thread has gone how I expected it to. A GOP Congressman says racist shit and a cadre of USMB right wingers are primed and ready to defend his ass.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

08-jon-lovitz1.jpg
:lol: Are we supposed to believe that you've lived in the Midwest?

And, I guess when a congressman says the budget is sick, that means it's awesome.

Or, if they say it's too fat, it's too awesome.

I wonder why anyone asks a question if they think they already know the answer. Seems like a waste, but then again, so many here waste space.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX44YHK5Bik]‪Uncle Remus And The Tar Baby‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Now blow me...

I like how you can make a thread complaining that forums drive extreme ideology and then proceed to act like a far right wing moron.

What's extreme about my position? The fact that I called this guy for throwing out the race card like its half the cards in the deck? I have never heard that phrase used as a racial slur in my life. But because he said it was (like he knows the congressmans heart) I'm just supposed to take it at face value? I've been told and heard hundreds of times that the right hates Obama because their racists. I'm sick of it and my response was as appropriate as him making an unfounded accusation.

We don't like his policies people! What was your damn excuse for Clinton or Carter?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdsRppc86uI]‪Frank Zappa - Uncle Remus‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back