GOP Congressman Associating with Obama is 'Touching a Tar Baby'

I am a conservative and a Republican. That being said, I felt the comment was somewhat racist.

Apparently, so did Mitt Romney, after the fact, when he apologized for using it back in 2006:
Romney apologizes for use of expression - The Boston Globe
`The governor was describing a sticky situation," said Eric Fehrnstrom, the governor's spokesman. ``He was unaware that some people find the term objectionable, and he's sorry if anyone was offended."
A definition from Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the expression to the tar baby that trapped Br'er Rabbit in an Uncle Remus story by Joel Chandler Harris, which became popular in the 19th century. The dictionary now defines the expression as ``something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself."

But it also has been used as a pejorative term for dark-skinned blacks.

In 1981, author Toni Morrison published a novel titled ``Tar Baby," and she has compared the expression to other racial epithets. She says it's a term that white people used to refer to black children, especially black girls.

I represent myself, and only myself. Take that shit to someone who will swallow it. Your reaction to this says all I need to know.

Oh take a breath and calm the fuck down....maybe you can comprehend my point.:D

Let's consider another childhood story....The Boy Who Cried Wolf, or in this case, The Libs Who Cried Racists. They have so belittled the charge, that even when it's valid, nobody fucking pays any attention.

Your buddies brought this attitude on themselves with all their flinging of shit....yeah, they finally found a spot for it to stick to and you're surprised that it's a big fucking yawn at this point.:lol:

No, I get your point quite well. A Congressman makes a blatantly racist remark about the President and your reaction is basically, "meh, others have levied false accusations of racism in the past so whatever nothing to see here."

Sick.

He's an ass and I'm not beside myself about it....whoopeefuckingdoo and send me to hell.:tongue: Oh, but props on admitting about the false racial accusations that would finally lead to such an ambivalent attitude.:clap2:

I represent myself, and only myself. Take that shit to someone who will swallow it. Your reaction to this says all I need to know.

Let's consider another childhood story....The Boy Who Cried Wolf, or in this case, The Libs Who Cried Racists. They have so belittled the charge, that even when it's valid, nobody fucking pays any attention.

Your buddies brought this attitude on themselves with all their flinging of shit....yeah, they finally found a spot for it to stick to and you're surprised that it's a big fucking yawn at this point.:lol:

No, I get your point quite well. A Congressman makes a blatantly racist remark about the President and your reaction is basically, "meh, others have levied false accusations of racism in the past so whatever nothing to see here."

Sick.
I have to agree. the fact the Left overplays the race card shouldn't give people permission to start using racial slurs.

Sick.

He's an ass and I'm not beside myself about it....whoopeefuckingdoo and send me to hell.:tongue: Oh, but props on admitting about the false racial accusations that would finally lead to such an ambivalent attitude.:clap2:

I didn't admit shit. I phrased your position on the issue, it's a fucking cop out. No amount of false accusations should have any bearing on legit fucking racism.

Nobody being able to point and cry racist? Are you fucking kidding me? IT IS RACIST.

Those looking for offense always find it!

Please.

You don't need to look for the racist slur. It's RIGHT FUCKING THERE.

Fucking Sick.

Take your feigned outrage and apply it to a situation that matters. No one cares what some jack off said about Obama, racist or not. Deal with it. Obama is a tool and a failure and the analogy racist or not applies.

Those looking for offense always find it!

Please.

Fucking Sick.

Take your feigned outrage and apply it to a situation that matters. No one cares what some jack off said about Obama, racist or not. Deal with it. Obama is a tool and a failure and the analogy racist or not applies.

Another sick fuck.

The outrage isn't feigned, dude. That's blatant racism from a United States fucking Congressman.

Please.

Fucking Sick.

Another sick fuck.

The outrage isn't feigned, dude. That's blatant racism from a United States fucking Congressman.

Need tissue?

I have been accused so often I no longer care.

Sick.

I didn't admit shit. I phrased your position on the issue, it's a fucking cop out. No amount of false accusations should have any bearing on legit fucking racism.

Fucking like it or not it DOES have a bearing on how people respond to legit racism. If you're too blinded by your outrage to consider that perspective, then perhaps you have a taste of how all those falsely accused felt. Don't worry though, eventually it stops stinging so much.;)

Another sick fuck.

Need tissue?

I have been accused so often I no longer care.

:clap2:

Good for you.

Fucking like it or not it DOES have a bearing on how people respond to legit racism. If you're too blinded by your outrage to consider that perspective, then perhaps you have a taste of how all those falsely accused felt. Don't worry though, eventually it stops stinging so much.;)

It has a bearing on people who are looking to soften the blow of legit racism, otherwise it's fucking meaningless. You aren't fooling me.

Who the hell uses the term tar baby for anything but a racial slur anymore? I've never heard it being used in another manner but as a slur.

I guess this will go unanswered by those defending the Congressman.

It has a bearing on people who are looking to soften the blow of legit racism, otherwise it's fucking meaningless. You aren't fooling me.

Hey, play nice...................

Otherwise I blow the levees again.........

Please.

Fucking Sick.

Another sick fuck.

If your incapable of critical thought to see how the analogy works then put me on ignore and bad rep me. I really don't care. I don't know the man and don't know what his intent was so Fuck off.

Ps. Bush was Hitler, remember?

Now blow me...

Another sick fuck.

If your incapable of critical thought to see how the analogy works then put me on ignore and bad rep me. I really don't care. I don't know the man and don't know what his intent was so Fuck off.

Ps. Bush was Hitler, remember?

Now blow me...

Put you on ignore and neg rep you?

:lol:

Pussy.

Oh, and you didn't know the man but you are more than willing to run static for his racism. TFF

Go ahead and find a quote of me calling BOOOOOOOOOSHHH Hitler.

Forum List

Back