GOP and Christian Conservatives to revise the Bible!

Name me one well known Democrat who is a member of the Christian Coalition.

Seriously, you need to put the goal post in one place and leave it. Which is it, GOP, Christian Conservatives or Christian Coalition. While there will be overlap there, they are not all the same thing. Are all liberals Democrats and part of Code Pink? I'm an evangelical Christian who is a conservative libertarian. I am not a Republican or part of the Christian Coalition. Honestly, you are playing the Hannity guilt by association game and it is just as silly when you do it as it is when he does.

It's being done by a group called "Conservapedia" which is the Conservative version of Wikipedia.

Yeah........tell me again how it's not being done by the GOP.

It's being done by a group called "Conservapedia" which is the Conservative version of Wikipedia.

Is there really such a thing as conservapedia?

How does one preserve a child?

"Blessed is Chicago,
for it shall be home to the Olympics

Blessed are those who support Single payer healthCare
for they shall be labeled "Key" Republicans"

From Obama's "Sermon on the Couch"

The GOP runs Conservapedia?

Evidence?

Go to the fucking link and click on it you fucking lame ass moron. What? Did you get dropped on your head as a child? Shit man........you must have a full on lobotomy.

GO TO THE FUCKING WEBSITE. THAT'S WHAT THE LINK IS FOR.

Sheesh...........

Evidence?

Go to the fucking link and click on it you fucking lame ass moron. What? Did you get dropped on your head as a child? Shit man........you must have a full on lobotomy.

Sheesh...........

Well, Aren't you delightful?

Where does it say it's run by the GOP?

Where does the GOP state that is runs conservapedia?

Cursing only makes you look like an immature, uneducated, disrespectful punk on the internet.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertions or not?

Evidence?

Sheesh...........

Well, Aren't you delightful?

Where does it say it's run by the GOP?

Where does the GOP state that is runs conservapedia?

Cursing only makes you look like an immature, uneducated, disrespectful punk on the internet.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertions or not?

Listen you stupid fucking n00b, it's been reported on the news, it's been posted in other places, and even the conservatives (some of them) have stated they support this site.

I'm betting that FAUX Noise is going to be promoting Conservapedia by the end of this month.

Like I said n00b, might wanna learn how to click on links before spewing bullshit.

So first they ran it and now they simply "support it"?

How? Do they agree with it?

Do they pay for its hosting?

Do they write all the content?

Your link did not supprt your original assertion, so you've changed your mind about what you think.

Were we not supposed to notice?

Again, your angry responses merely demonstrate that you're neither informed nor mature enough to bother acknowledging any further. When you're ready to gropw up and discuss the matter like a mature , rational, emotionally stable adult, then you'll be welcome back into the discussion.

Conservapedia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

URL Conservapedia
Commercial? No
Type of site Internet encyclopedia project
Registration Optional (required to edit pages)
Available language(s) English
Owner Andrew Schlafly
Created by Voluntary collaborators[1]
Launched 2006
Alexa rank ~66,989[2]

Conservapedia is an English-language wiki-based Web encyclopedia project written from an Americentric, conservative Christian and predominantly young earth creationist point of view. It was started in 2006 by lawyer and social studies teacher Andy Schlafly, son of conservative activist and Eagle Forum founder Phyllis Schlafly.[3][4] He stated that he founded the project because he felt that Wikipedia had a liberal, anti-Christian, and anti-American bias.[5]

Conservapedia is one of many conservative and Christian-themed Web sites imitating the format of mainstream sites to provide a right-wing or fundamentalist Christian alternative.[3][6] The site has been the subject of criticism, both inside and outside of the United States, for bias and inaccuracies.[7][8][9][10]

There you go. Like I told that idiot Crusader Frank........this story just broke yesterday, so it's been mostly television that I was able to get this from. However......as you can see from Wikipedia, this IS a conservative site.

He stated that Wikipedia has a liberal bias that is anti-Christian.

By the way, Frank......next time you neg rep me for something that you were too fucking lazy to research yourself, for every 1 neg you give me, I'm gonna give you 2.

Conservapedia

URL Conservapedia
Commercial? No
Owner Andrew Schlafly
Launched 2006
Alexa rank ~66,989[2]

Conservapedia is an English-language wiki-based Web encyclopedia project written from an Americentric, conservative Christian and predominantly young earth creationist point of view. It was started in 2006 by lawyer and social studies teacher Andy Schlafly, son of conservative activist and Eagle Forum founder Phyllis Schlafly.[3][4] He stated that he founded the project because he felt that Wikipedia had a liberal, anti-Christian, and anti-American bias.[5]

Conservapedia is one of many conservative and Christian-themed Web sites imitating the format of mainstream sites to provide a right-wing or fundamentalist Christian alternative.[3][6] The site has been the subject of criticism, both inside and outside of the United States, for bias and inaccuracies.[7][8][9][10]

Where, exactly, did it say it's run by the GOP?

I'm still looking for the GOP's involvement in this proposed revision.

I guess it just 'sounded good' for a title. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Also the title of the article itself is questionable.

Best-Selling Bible for Conservative Evangelicals to Undergo Revision

Is it just the best selling Bible for 'conservative evangelicals' or is it the best selling Bible over all? Or maybe it's just the best selling Bible for christians? Are 'conservative evangelicals' the only ones who purcahse Bibles?

The top-selling Bible in North America ...

Ah, so now finally down to what the truth is perhaps in the first line of the article. :lol:

The New International Version, the Bible of choice for conservative evangelicals...

:eusa_eh: Maybe they just can't make up their minds?

The NIV was first published in 1978 and more than 300 million NIV Bibles are in print worldwide; its publishers and distributors say the translation accounts for 30 percent of Bibles sold in North America.

Now we're back to just the top selling in America... for all Americans I suppose?

So confusing....

You see, Newby, that's what happens when one is dishonest- they can't keep their story straight with all that spin

Conservapedia

URL Conservapedia
Commercial? No
Owner Andrew Schlafly
Launched 2006
Alexa rank ~66,989[2]

There you go. Like I told that idiot Crusader Frank........this story just broke yesterday, so it's been mostly television that I was able to get this from. However......as you can see from Wikipedia, this IS a conservative site.

He stated that Wikipedia has a liberal bias that is anti-Christian.

By the way, Frank......next time you neg rep me for something that you were too fucking lazy to research yourself, for every 1 neg you give me, I'm gonna give you 2.

It didn't break yesterday. I read about it a month ago. Here is the actual news release by Zondervan.

Zondervan - Biblica Announces First Update in Quarter Century of the World’s Most Popular Bible

You see, Newby, that's what happens when one is dishonest- they can't keep their story straight with all that spin

Fortunatly (or unfortunately depending on your point of view I suppose), the spinning only seems to have an effect on others just like them. It seems to make them all ditzy... :lol:

I'm still looking for the GOP's involvement in this proposed revision.

I guess it just 'sounded good' for a title. :rolleyes:

Have to agree...sounds like someone is reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stretching there.

:eusa_eh:

If they went ahead and used the damned oldest scriptures they have- the dead sea scrolls, and included the shit that they freaking left out in King James' days, then I would be all for it.

I am NOT all for them changing an already inaccurate and incomplete English translation of scripture.

Scripture is scripture- and the only REAL and TRUE scripture left is the stuff in the scrolls...

XOXO
Agnostic for a reason..

What about the other 30 or so gospels that the Romans excluded to make the Bible more accessible to the ignorant barbarians??

LOL! Thats true!! Great example.. =)

Phyllis Schafly is one of the bigger GOP people out there. Additionally, this site is being touted by lots of Conservatives.

Ergo.......this is something that the GOP is a part of, as the Christian Coalition and the people doing this are all GOP'ers.

You guys do the same thing with Independents and "libruls".

Forum List

Back