GOP and Christian Conservatives to revise the Bible!

It's being done by a group called "Conservapedia" which is the Conservative version of Wikipedia.

Yeah........tell me again how it's not being done by the GOP.

HA! :clap2:

Are they doing this through some kind of user-made website like wikipedia? If so, they are leaving anything and everything available for editing by whomever so chooses.. The genesis creation could be edited to say "And God waved his wand and made a man, and said, "Voila!"- And saw that it was good"... lol

Phyllis Schafly is one of the bigger GOP people out there. Additionally, this site is being touted by lots of Conservatives.

Ergo.......this is something that the GOP is a part of, as the Christian Coalition and the people doing this are all GOP'ers.

You guys do the same thing with Independents and "libruls".

Let me see if I got this

1 person who is also a member of the GOP who ran as a Republican and failed gave birth to the man who started this website

therefore, the GOP as a whole and its machinations run the website

???

I'm not even sure there's a Latin term for that demonstration of stupid (fallacy)

Does your being a member of USMB mean that the Independents run USMB and that all content on USMB reflects upon the independents and the independents are "doing" this post I'm typing?

add "nor educated nor intelligent enough" to my earlier comment

Like I said......I give it a month before FAUX Noise is touting it as the place to go to within a month.

Anyone wanna take me up on it?

Does the GOP own Fox, too?

Are you always this dishonest?

Yes..........the GOP does kinda own FAUX. Rupert Murdoch is their biggest supporter, and allows the GOP to spew whatever kind of bullshit (true or not) they want, all over his station.

If you think the GOP DOESN'T control FAUX, then either you're blind or stupid.

So in the beginning of you post they "kinda own" it

then they simply control it

What committee in the GOP makes the decisions at FOX?

Or do certain individuals like Murdoch control it?

Please make up your mind and stick to one story. Else, your propaganda simply won't be very effective.

The Hebrew language is gender specific so why change it from the language that God wrote it in. When God said He, he meant he.

Because all he conservatives want to be politically correct, as they are lawyers, and the more vague you can make things, the more you can bend the interpretation.

The Light is right. The Bible was originally written in Hebrew, so if you want to REALLY know what Leviticus and the other books said, you should either (a) learn Hebrew (which is on my to do before I die list), or (b) study under the tutelage of a Torah scholar.

Your god had later books written in the common Greek. Ergo, your god wants the texts written in the language of the masses.

I'll have to do some further research and find out who the people are who are translating this. Since most Bibles are translations of translations, finding a pure one would be difficult without knowing Hebrew. Learning Hebrew--that is a good goal to acheive.

While your at it... rewrite the history books for the masses too:lol:

1176508712007qy2.gif

The Hebrew language is gender specific so why change it from the language that God wrote it in. When God said He, he meant he.

Because all he conservatives want to be politically correct, as they are lawyers, and the more vague you can make things, the more you can bend the interpretation.

The Light is right. The Bible was originally written in Hebrew, so if you want to REALLY know what Leviticus and the other books said, you should either (a) learn Hebrew (which is on my to do before I die list), or (b) study under the tutelage of a Torah scholar.

uh, studying under a Torah scholar would be fine if you have one that doesn't blend in the Talmud and pass it off as Scripture. That would be like asking Pharisees in Jesus' day to tell you about Jesus.

uh, studying under a Torah scholar would be fine if you have one that doesn't blend in the Talmud and pass it off as Scripture. That would be like asking Pharisees in Jesus' day to tell you about Jesus.

Why even worry about the Old Testament? The Tanach was given to the Jews, the New Testament was given to the Christians.

So you're saying the bible should never be translated so the masses can understand it?

Didn't I see you attack Kalam and Islam in the archives for the refusal to translate the Koran?

Before you learn Hebrew, you might want to consider learning to think for yourself. You might find it invaluable.

Phyllis Schafly is one of the bigger GOP people out there. Additionally, this site is being touted by lots of Conservatives.

Ergo.......this is something that the GOP is a part of, as the Christian Coalition and the people doing this are all GOP'ers.

You guys do the same thing with Independents and "libruls".
are you not aware of what Zondervan Publishing is?
they own the copyrights for the NIV, and its THEM doing the revision
has NOTHING to do with conservapedia nor the GOP
you are just off on one of your whacked out anti_GOP rants

It's being done by a group called "Conservapedia" which is the Conservative version of Wikipedia.

Yeah........tell me again how it's not being done by the GOP.

HA! :clap2:

Are they doing this through some kind of user-made website like wikipedia? If so, they are leaving anything and everything available for editing by whomever so chooses.. The genesis creation could be edited to say "And God waved his wand and made a man, and said, "Voila!"- And saw that it was good"... lol
its not, it's being done by the PUBLISHER
ABS is totally whacked out, AGAIN

Actually, you can google Universal Torah Network, and check out their site. There is strictly orthodox rabbis, and there is also a man named Sam Peak. Now, Sam Peak is a really good bridge between Judaism and Christianity, as he studies both, and makes the connections from the New Testament, and then brings them back to the origin in the Old Testament.

If you have God's Learning Channel, then at 6:30 CST on Sundays, there is a show called "Hidden in the Hebrew" with Uri Harel. He reads the OT in the original Hebrew, translates it into English (direct.......no Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English), and then reads the exact same verse in a couple of other versions, and then explains why the discrepancy between the translations, as Hebrew words can have several different meanings. He also shows you how to write the letters and words.

Hope that helps.

Forum List

Back