Good Job Mr. President!

You have argued to support big government in refusing to downsize the various agencies and their redundancies.

Son, that is big government statism, left wing big government statism.

Don't go back and revise your original posts because I have copied them.

You have argued to support big government in refusing to downsize the various agencies and their redundancies.

Pointing out one small part that I think he got wrong while agreeing with most of it is not refusing to downsize the various agencies and their redundancies.

Please, feel free to go back through my revised posts and show how I did anything else.

The Original Post and oh, topic of the entire thread...

it said, stream lining it..

Okay I guess you don't understand. The way he proposes streamlining the government is by reducing it. There are six layers to the commerce department that all do essentially the same thing. He has proposed eliminating five of them. That would reduce the size of government.
Sorry, thought that was pretty obvious and really hadn't considered the possibility that streamlining would be thought of any other way.

So it's funny. He's talking about reducing duplicitous government - the mantra of all things Conservative and Libertarian - and both groups have criticized him on this very thread.

Think about it. A DEMOCRAT proposing a reduction in the size of government! I mean obviously it's not going to solve every problem all at once. Duh. But it's a start! And what if other Dems picked up on this trend???
How on Earth can ConservaRepubLitarians criticize this???
Well, there IS the fact that Obama has proposed it.

And the SBA thing could be FANTASTIC!!

yeah man, with the piddly it will save us over TEN YEARS, then turns around and ask for another trillion dollars of our money for THIS YEAR..
like I said, JOKE . and your are right, it's JUST A PROPOSAL

Last edited:

Pointing out one small part that I think he got wrong while agreeing with most of it is not refusing to downsize the various agencies and their redundancies.

Please, feel free to go back through my revised posts and show how I did anything else.

If you disagree with downsizing and elimination of redundancy and work force, you are a statist.

If you disagree with downsizing and elimination of redundancy and work force, you are a statist.

Like I said, feel free to go through my revised posts and point out where I did that.

If you have revised your posts to agree with my points, I compliment you for learning.

And, by the by, QWB, almost all of us in 21st century America believe in organized, competent government operations. We, as Americans, live better with such at the city, county, state, regional, and country levels.

The question is not "whether regulation", only "what is the right regulation".

Okay I guess you don't understand. The way he proposes streamlining the government is by reducing it. There are six layers to the commerce department that all do essentially the same thing. He has proposed eliminating five of them. That would reduce the size of government.
Sorry, thought that was pretty obvious and really hadn't considered the possibility that streamlining would be thought of any other way.

So it's funny. He's talking about reducing duplicitous government - the mantra of all things Conservative and Libertarian - and both groups have criticized him on this very thread.

Think about it. A DEMOCRAT proposing a reduction in the size of government! I mean obviously it's not going to solve every problem all at once. Duh. But it's a start! And what if other Dems picked up on this trend???

He picked a fight, nothing else. If he were serious he would have addressed the entire 300 billion or so in redundancy.

Okay, I was wondering HOW the Right would find a way to criticize Obama for initiating what they have been whining about for 3 years.
Congratulation. I think you have best BS line so far. (Oops, didn't see Stephanie's post before. She gets to share the credit - actually I've been out playing tennis all day and since two of you are saying exactly the ssame thing, I'm betting when I turn on FOX, I'll find it being said there... "coincidentally").

Of Course! The solution is always to never do anything unless you can solve every problem in the universe at once! :lol:

Last edited:
The Original Post and oh, topic of the entire thread...

If it was believable, it would be positive direction. Call me skeptical. I don't see the Unions allowing anything more than smoke and mirrors. The game I see is Inflation, Government Payroll, and Union Payroll going up as a protection for the truly privileged protected classes, at he expense of the unprotected. I expect not layoffs, but reassignments. More of the same. For all our sakes, I hope I'm wrong. If it is legitimate it is a start. The proof will be the abandoning, not consolidation, of Totalitarian Power. Don't hold your breath.

He picked a fight, nothing else. If he were serious he would have addressed the entire 300 billion or so in redundancy.

Okay, I was wondering HOW the Right would find a way to criticize Obama for initiating what they have been whining about for 3 years.
Congratulation. I think you have best BS line so far. (Oops, didn't see Stephanie's post before. She gets to share the credit - actually I've been out playing tennis all day and since two of you are saying exactly the ssame thing, I'm betting when I turn on FOX, I'll find it being said there... "coincidentally").

Of Course! The solution is always to never do anything unless you can solve every problem in the universe at once! :lol:

Sorry, but All Tennis and Golf Facilities are being reclaimed by the State, to be turned into Housing Projects. :D I feel your pain. :D :lol:

The EPA has determined that Jogging and Exercise cause Global Warming. An extensive new EPA Program funded by your mandated contribution to EPA, will never make things right with you and the earth, but it's a start. Pick up your Sneeze, Snot, Cough, Choke, Fart, Pee, Poo, Inhale and Exhale Waivers, (SCCFPPIE) which may be purchased on line or at your local Post Office. Remember we are watching and monitoring you with our new drones. Fuck it, why not just give us your account numbers and PIN numbers now? :lol:

oh brother...blaa blaa blaa

If you have revised your posts to agree with my points, I compliment you for learning.

And, by the by, QWB, almost all of us in 21st century America believe in organized, competent government operations. We, as Americans, live better with such at the city, county, state, regional, and country levels.

You told me not to bother revising my posts because you already had them. I mocked you by inviting you to go through the posts that actually agreed with Obama's decision, with a minor proviso that has bipartisan support already, and use them to prove that I am a statist. Your problem was that, since you react instead of researching and thinking, you assume I do.

If you live with a competent government operation at any level you are a rare breed in this day and age. Oakland is going to have to layoff staff, cut the budget, and possibly cut salary for the mayor and city council, all because they used redevelopment money, which is supposed to be used to take land from poor, usually minority, people and give it to rich, usually white, developers to help them get richer. That is what most people in the 21st century live with at the city level. Do you really want me to point out the typical faults of county, state, regional, and country governments? Perhaps I can use Venezuela as an example, didn't Chavez just win another term despite the fact that their constitution flat out forbids it?

If you want to be condescending to someone you should try it with children, adults are smarter than you are.

Obama wants congress to give him more power... Yeppie!!:cuckoo:

Committee News - News - Joint Economic Committee Republicans[/url]
More funds to piss away at OUR expense.

This son-Of-A-Bitch is in for a fight.

Okay so let me get this straight. Jroc and T are against reducing the size of government.

I'm sure this has NOTHING to do with the fact that Obama is doing it! :lol:

Unreal. I mean I predicted exactly this but well, it's still funny to see!

Apparently you are one that is easily fooled by Obama’s bullshi,t he's counting on people like you while governement growws he'll throw you a little bone congradulations you bite:clap2:

Okay so let me get this straight. Jroc and T are against reducing the size of government.

Apparently you are one that is easily fooled by Obama’s bullshi,t he's counting on people like you while governement growws he'll throw you a little bone congradulations you bite:clap2:

Let me dumb this down for you junior as obviously ya ain't et yer smart pills. The OP makes very clear he is proposing it. Conceptually, I think this is a good thing. (If "conceptually' is too big a word for you, have one a them thar "Liberal Elitist" explain it to you).
Glad I could help you there little one. I'm a helper. It's what I do. I help. :eusa_angel:

Obama wants congress to give him more power... Yeppie!!:cuckoo:

Committee News - News - Joint Economic Committee Republicans[/url]

The size of government is expressed in one way and in one way only: What does it cost?

The cost has been skyrocketing since the Deciever in Chief took office.

There are more people employed by government, it costs more and it is doing the same things. Doing less with more.

This is in stark contrast to the rest of the world which is doing more with less. Innovation and increasing efficiency is the rule of the day in every corner of the country except government. If things were working better, that is more efficiently, which means doing more with less, there would be less room for complaint.

Government workers are the butt of the workplace joke wherever you go. Why? Because they are overpaid and unionized with rules that encourage the lack of results that they deliver.

All Conservatives are in favor of reducing the size of government. The delusion in Chief thinks that adding a cabinet position and maintaing the workforce, but folding it into other departments to hide it, is workforce reduction.

Eliminating the department and the people and moving the responsibility for the completion of the work to those who are now eating the 18 dollar muffins at meetings that reinforce their feeling of importance and justify their jobs is stupid.

Meetings of internal staff are generally a waste of time. Emails with the "reply all" function are incredible time savers. Everyone gets their say with time to consider the proposition, there's a record of the progression of thought and the time required is allocated by each at the time that is most convenient to each.

You told me not to bother revising my posts because you already had them. I mocked you by inviting you to go through the posts that actually agreed with Obama's decision, with a minor proviso that has bipartisan support already, and use them to prove that I am a statist. Your problem was that, since you react instead of researching and thinking, you assume I do.

If you live with a competent government operation at any level you are a rare breed in this day and age. Oakland is going to have to layoff staff, cut the budget, and possibly cut salary for the mayor and city council, all because they used redevelopment money, which is supposed to be used to take land from poor, usually minority, people and give it to rich, usually white, developers to help them get richer. That is what most people in the 21st century live with at the city level. Do you really want me to point out the typical faults of county, state, regional, and country governments? Perhaps I can use Venezuela as an example, didn't Chavez just win another term despite the fact that their constitution flat out forbids it?

If you want to be condescending to someone you should try it with children, adults are smarter than you are.

You describe yourself above about condescension, and you are becoming what you attack. I corrected your attitude and will continue to do so. You live in the 21st century, and your attitude about it will not change those conditions.

Yes, everything you have written pegs you as as 21st century (generally) right wing progressive statist.

Last edited:
Eventually, it is like a balloon. Govt expands and expands and expands and eventually the whole thing will implode.

Let me dumb this down for you junior as obviously ya ain't et yer smart pills. The OP makes very clear he is proposing it. Conceptually, I think this is a good thing. (If "conceptually' is too big a word for you, have one a them thar "Liberal Elitist" explain it to you).
Glad I could help you there little one. I'm a helper. It's what I do. I help. :eusa_angel:

The problem is this: The Cut that he is proposing is $300,000/year. The new Consumer protection agency he has proposed will eat that up with the salary of the director and his administrative assistant.

The rest of the agency is gravy on our cooked goose.

Last edited:

You're the one that needs help if you think it's a good Idea to centralize more power with the president. SBA part of Obama's Cabinet? Yeah that’s great! More cronyism, more Solyndras only on a smaller scale you’re a fool as I said:cuckoo:

Lets see, lets downsize the one dept that supports business.

I am also going to guess you expect to be taken seriously. True?

Why did he go with cuts of the ultra light. Because it is official policy of democrats to view any cut as extreme.

Now prove that incorrect if you can.

Forum List

Back