Good Job Mr. President!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IndependntLogic, Jan 13, 2012.

1. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Okay so Obama wants to streamline government. Sounds like he's finally listening to the Tea Party and Libertarians! Of course Repubs have always claimed this but usually while growing the government.
    So good. Is it because it's an election year? Who gives a flick. Getting Congress to do anything useful has proven impossible. Dems and Repubs are both too busy making sure the other side looks bad, to worry about the best interest of the country. So screw 'em. This is a good thing. Of course, after having made this their mantra for years, The Right will have to find SOME way to spin this as a negative and I'm truly curious to see how they'll do it. My bet is they'll go with the election year thing but who knows? They may try to feck up the process of reducing government, just to make Obama look bad. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Another good thing? I own a small business. We are the REAL "job creators" in the USA but while the government gives tax breaks, subsidies and every bit of help from the government to companies that ship jobs overseas, we get squat.
    So Obama is making SBA a cabinet level position. This is the best news in years IF, the post has any teeth and there is ever any progress in helping us. We'll see.

So for three years, I've thought and posted that Obama pretty much sucks balls when it comes to his domestic agenda.
    He still does. But he's slightly less bad than he was and even though I don't think he's a good president, I can acknowledge when he does get something right. This is one of those times.
    I still won't vote for him though.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. driveby

driveby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,325
    Cool story bro.....

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    Even a shmuck gets off a good one every now and then.
    But this is the administration that wanted $100M in cuts in cabinet departments and announced they would be phasing out Fan/Fred.
    Watch what he does, not what he says.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    what a joke...

Streamline Government..

Did I hear it would "save" 3billion OVER Ten years...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. IndependntLogic

IndependntLogic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Ah! The first predicted salvo! Okay let's hear it Steph. Why is this a bad thing?

6. code1211

code1211 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +845

Did the Big 0 state a number certain that would be laid off as a result of his streamlining? The exact number of dollars that are to be cu, that is reduced from the spending?

Until there is actual and measurable reductions, there is no streamlining.

So far, all we have is words. Based on past experience, unless he's promising to squander tax dollars and borrowed money, the only thing his words signify is hot air and noise.

Did he manage to set up a villain in this announcement? I'm guessing he did.

7. laughinReaper

laughinReaper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +582
    That's all fine and good but too little too late. Can't wait until Obama gets fired.

8. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    I've read that the Repub congress is on vacation until the beginning of February. But, since they can now call in their filibusters, they'll be able to trashcan this in no time - Just as they have in the past.

So, don't wait for this to be reality any time soon.

Hopefully, he'll just go over their heads again.

9. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,829
    Have you actually read all of his accomplishments on the home front? If you have, I'm at a loss to understand why you would say this. Are you blaming him for the dozens of Repub-filibustered bills? It is, after all, the Republicans who have brought this country to a halt and stalled all attempts to move forward.

In case you're interested, here's another link to his accomplishments.
    What the fuck has Obama done so far?

10. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Gobbling up the pony show points?

This is his way of attempting to sway those that see govt. as too big. If he really thought this was an effective plan, he would have been looking to do this stuff years ago. It's a campaign strategy. Don't drink the kool aid.