Good Job Mr. President!

Ameilia, your argument merely inflames and is not accurate. The concept, downsizing and streamlining, makes conservative sense. The GOP will have to meet him somewhere along the plane. If such a bill passes this year, both parties can claim credit, and the GOP can honestly state it is not obstructionist.

Bipartisan response was swift in opposition to the plan. That says a whole lot about this proposal. If the president thinks it is a good idea to make an announcement like this without even making sure that members of his party think it is a good idea, then that is very troublesome.

The chairmen and senior opposition members of the House of Representatives and Senate committees which regulate trade all reacted sceptically to the proposal. A joint statement by Dave Camp, Republican chairman of the House ways and means committee, and Max Baucus, chairman of the Senate finance committee, said: “Taking USTR, one of the most efficient agencies that is a model of how government can and should work, and making it just another corner of a new bureaucratic behemoth would hurt American exports and hinder American job creation.”

USTR, which conducts trade negotiations and brings legal cases against other governments to the World Trade Organisation, is a relatively small agency located within the presidency rather than a separate government department. Administration officials have said that one aim of a reorganisation would be to bring the much bigger resources of the commerce department to bear on negotiation and litigation.

But the commerce department is in charge of “trade defence” – blocking imports deemed to be priced unfairly low or illicitly state-subsidised – and some experts and lawyers said that a merger will slow down the USTR and make it more vulnerable to lobbying by protectionist domestic industries.

Obama revamp aims to cut trade bureaucracy - FT.com

Last edited:
Ameilia, your argument merely inflames and is not accurate. The concept, downsizing and streamlining, makes conservative sense. The GOP will have to meet him somewhere along the plane. If such a bill passes this year, both parties can claim credit, and the GOP can honestly state it is not obstructionist.

Bipartisan response was swift in opposition to the plan. That says a whole lot about this proposal. If the president thinks it is a good idea to make an announcement like this without even making sure that members of his party think it is a good idea, then that is very troublesome.

The chairmen and senior opposition members of the House of Representatives and Senate committees which regulate trade all reacted sceptically to the proposal. A joint statement by Dave Camp, Republican chairman of the House ways and means committee, and Max Baucus, chairman of the Senate finance committee, said: “Taking USTR, one of the most efficient agencies that is a model of how government can and should work, and making it just another corner of a new bureaucratic behemoth would hurt American exports and hinder American job creation.”

USTR, which conducts trade negotiations and brings legal cases against other governments to the World Trade Organisation, is a relatively small agency located within the presidency rather than a separate government department. Administration officials have said that one aim of a reorganisation would be to bring the much bigger resources of the commerce department to bear on negotiation and litigation.

But the commerce department is in charge of “trade defence” – blocking imports deemed to be priced unfairly low or illicitly state-subsidised – and some experts and lawyers said that a merger will slow down the USTR and make it more vulnerable to lobbying by protectionist domestic industries.

Obama revamp aims to cut trade bureaucracy - FT.com
Obama has been bucking his party...so much for the Standard-bearer...

We will see stories of Democrats up for election/Re-election that will refuse to have Obama stump for them...

it's already happened...

Some Democrats refuse to back President Obama

Some refused to back his 'Jobs Bill'

Obama in resonse vows to 'not wait for Congress'

Well he promised to revamp health care and although I think ObamaCare sucks big time, he did keep his promise.
He promised to shift the focus from Iraq to Afghanistan until he found the people who were actually responsible for 9/11 and rained justice down upon them. He did EXACTLY that. Getting OBL was cool too!
He promised to repeal DADT. That was huge.
He promised to get us out of Iraq. That's huge.
He promised to close Git-Mo and by gosh he sure tried. So I give him credit for that, even the the GOP shut him down on it.

Those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Keep in mind, I still think he sucks but I'm not a drone so I have no problem with acknowledging the stuff he does right.

HE actually promised a single payer system, but if you want to give him credit for Obamacare I won't quibble.

He did concentrate a bit more on Afghanistan, but he is now open to negotiating with the Taliban in order to end the war, even if it means giving them power.

He did not repeal DADT. He actually fought to keep it in court, and lost.

He actually promised to bring all the troops home from Iraq by the summer of 2009, how did that work out again?

It was not the GOP that shut him down on Gitmo, it was his own party. Other than that complete lie I will agree that he gets some credit for trying.

Fail.

Not accurate.

Fail.

Show exactly where he said they will be home in 2009.

Both parties shot him down.

You are a biased hack.

Funny.

Not accurate? It's Time for America to Negotiate With the Taliban - David Rohde - International - The Atlantic

Even funnier. Tell me something, who supported DADT when the Log Cabin Republicans challenged it?

I made it all up, then used a time machine to go back and plant a false story on MSNBC. Obama wants troops home by spring '08 - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

His part was in charge, his party shot him down.

I am not the biased hack, I just know more than you. To be honest, knowing more than you is not a challenge. My great nephew knows more than you, and he is not even in school yet.

HE actually promised a single payer system, but if you want to give him credit for Obamacare I won't quibble.

He did concentrate a bit more on Afghanistan, but he is now open to negotiating with the Taliban in order to end the war, even if it means giving them power.

He actually promised to bring all the troops home from Iraq by the summer of 2009, how did that work out again?

It was not the GOP that shut him down on Gitmo, it was his own party. Other than that complete lie I will agree that he gets some credit for trying.

Fail.

Not accurate.

Fail.

You are a biased hack.

Funny.

Not accurate? It's Time for America to Negotiate With the Taliban - David Rohde - International - The Atlantic

Even funnier. Tell me something, who supported DADT when the Log Cabin Republicans challenged it?

I made it all up, then used a time machine to go back and plant a false story on MSNBC. Obama wants troops home by spring '08 - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

I am not the biased hack, I just know more than you. To be honest, knowing more than you is not a challenge. My great nephew knows more than you, and he is not even in school yet.
:badgrin:

Well he promised to revamp health care and although I think ObamaCare sucks big time, he did keep his promise.
He promised to shift the focus from Iraq to Afghanistan until he found the people who were actually responsible for 9/11 and rained justice down upon them. He did EXACTLY that. Getting OBL was cool too!
He promised to close Git-Mo and by gosh he sure tried. So I give him credit for that, even the the GOP shut him down on it.

Keep in mind, I still think he sucks but I'm not a drone so I have no problem with acknowledging the stuff he does right.

As tangential as it is to the thread topic, I feel obligated to jump in here in discussing the history of DADT. It was not repealed (or declared unconstitutional) by the Supreme Court, as suggested by another poster. And it was repealed by Obama, when he signed into law a bill Congress sent to him after he lobbied them aggressively. As Obama and any number of presidents have stated, that their Justice Departments defend a law does not mean that they endorse it. Obama has said he will defend any law that is not clearly unconstitutional.

The repeal of DADT was an historic accomplishment, and the single person most responsible was Barack Obama.

Never said it was SCOTUS. FYI, the law that "repealed" it did not repeal it, it only authorized Obama to implement a policy change that ignored the law. The 9th Circuit Court was asked by Obama to give him more time to study the policy and implement it, they refused. If anyone actually deserves credit for getting rid of DADT it is the Log Cabin Republicans who brought the suit, and the court that ruled in their favor.

You should take some time to read the briefs that the DOJ under Obama filed to support both DADT and DOMA, they make the same briefs filed under Bush look supportive.

Budget = 3.7 Trillion. Savings = 250 Million!

cena_whistling_gif.gif

Fail.

Not accurate.

Fail.

You are a biased hack.

Funny.

Your sources are as biased as you. Yes, you are a biased hack. Live with it.

Mr. President, you want credit for 3 Billion in savings over 10 years but you just requested a 1 Trillion dollar increase in the debt ceiling?

2zgc9li.gif

Last edited:
Mr. President, you want credit for 3 Billion in savings over 10 years but you just requested a 1 Trillion dollar increase in the debt ceiling?

2zgc9li.gif

Obama can't help himself.

Two Stimulus packages weren't enough as was the last time the debt ceiling was raised.

The District Of Criminals has lost thier minds...they're like coke addicts...ANYONE who goes along with the proposal needs to be voted out of office...period.

Last edited:
:lmao:

That's your response?

Yes. You're a drone. You've been thoroughly programmed by those who prey upon certain socio-economic and cultural inclinations. So it's not like they would allow you to see anything positive about what they have led you to believe is "The Other Side."
Arguing with you is futile because you don't even have your own thoughts. You're told to believe something and like a well-trained dog, you do as commanded.
It's okay. The majority of Americans are either the same as you or they aren't programmable because they simply don't care.

You put too much stock in your intuition to label others. If you believe I play party politics, you're sadly mistaken. I don't have my own thoughts? What kind of self proclaimed messiah says such drivel? And then you call me a dog?

You're a fucking complete and utter moron, bro. Keep up the good work. You hopefully aren't sitting there naked, doing something strange with all that delusion of grandeur.

You know what? You're right. I was wrong to label you like that. There are so many mindless drones here, it's easy to just assume. I shouldn't be so quick to make such judgments. I apologize.

Fail.

Not accurate.

Fail.

You are a biased hack.

Funny.

Your sources are as biased as you. Yes, you are a biased hack. Live with it.

You are so right, MSNBC has always hated Obama.

I've read that the Repub congress is on vacation until the beginning of February. But, since they can now call in their filibusters, they'll be able to trashcan this in no time - Just as they have in the past.

So, don't wait for this to be reality any time soon.

Hopefully, he'll just go over their heads again.

What will be the response of the Big 0 when they return, put this into a legislative format, pass the bill and send it to him and it includes both his "cuts" and another Trillion or so cuts that are desperately needed?

This is shaping up to be high comedy.

So for three years, I've thought and posted that Obama pretty much sucks balls when it comes to his domestic agenda.

Have you actually read all of his accomplishments on the home front? If you have, I'm at a loss to understand why you would say this. Are you blaming him for the dozens of Repub-filibustered bills? It is, after all, the Republicans who have brought this country to a halt and stalled all attempts to move forward.

In case you're interested, here's another link to his accomplishments.
What the fuck has Obama done so far?

Hint: Getting things done means getting things done.

So far he's throwing money overboard while his crew rearranges the deck chairs on a sinking boat.

If you think that the Big 0 is doing a good job, you don't know what a good job looks like.

Were you conscious during the 90's?

The suggestion is a good one, and it needs to be vetted by both sides.

Those who oppose it because they don't like it as Obama's idea are cretins.

So were those who opposed good Bush ideas simply because they were Bush ideas.

It is a good idea. It's like putting a tablespoon of soil on the banks of the Mississippi River in flood season to save the town. It's a good idea because he knows what he's supposed to do.

It's entirely too little to have and good impact.

Now, if he decided to cut back the entire government by 10% and do so right now and reduce regulation and promise to not tamper with the tax code and pull back the goons who are intimidating those who try to hire folks, that would be some other meaningful steps.

He's been talking about this for at least a year and when he finally goes about doing something, he's throwing inn a penny where it requires a pound.

This is a gesture and a talking point.

More talk and no action.

Okay so Obama wants to streamline government. Sounds like he's finally listening to the Tea Party and Libertarians! Of course Repubs have always claimed this but usually while growing the government.
So good. Is it because it's an election year? Who gives a flick. Getting Congress to do anything useful has proven impossible. Dems and Repubs are both too busy making sure the other side looks bad, to worry about the best interest of the country. So screw 'em. This is a good thing. Of course, after having made this their mantra for years, The Right will have to find SOME way to spin this as a negative and I'm truly curious to see how they'll do it. My bet is they'll go with the election year thing but who knows? They may try to feck up the process of reducing government, just to make Obama look bad. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Another good thing? I own a small business. We are the REAL "job creators" in the USA but while the government gives tax breaks, subsidies and every bit of help from the government to companies that ship jobs overseas, we get squat.
So Obama is making SBA a cabinet level position. This is the best news in years IF, the post has any teeth and there is ever any progress in helping us. We'll see.

So for three years, I've thought and posted that Obama pretty much sucks balls when it comes to his domestic agenda.
He still does. But he's slightly less bad than he was and even though I don't think he's a good president, I can acknowledge when he does get something right. This is one of those times.
I still won't vote for him though.

Did the Big 0 state a number certain that would be laid off as a result of his streamlining? The exact number of dollars that are to be cu, that is reduced from the spending?

Until there is actual and measurable reductions, there is no streamlining.

So far, all we have is words. Based on past experience, unless he's promising to squander tax dollars and borrowed money, the only thing his words signify is hot air and noise.

Did he manage to set up a villain in this announcement? I'm guessing he did.

Actually Obama has kept a LOT of his promises. I mean a really surprisingly high number of them and not little piddly bs - he's kept his promises on BIG stuff.
So although overall, I feel he sucks and I won't vote for him, I can acknowledge his integrity and accomplishments when applicable.

There's really no arguing about that. He has done many of the things he promised to do and every one of them was to attack business, promote unions, increase spending and help our enemies.

What he is doing is working. It's what he is doing that needs to stop.

If you think that the Big 0 is doing a good job, you don't know what a good job looks like.

A lot of people work in the public sector these days. So, that is highly probable.

What are the big promises kept?

Gitmo was stopped while he had super majoritites in both houses.

Iraq was the result of SOFA and the hatred America which he promised to reverse. SOFA was negotiated by Bush and the hatred of America by anybody in the world was supposed to end when they saw and felt how compassionate and good the Big 0 was in contrast to Bush.

The healthcare bill passing was the result of a political device and outright legislative treachery. The next election shows how pleased the voters of the USA were with our Law makers for this swindle and others.

I'm still waiting to see the video of the Big 0 in his Navy Seal outfit leading the guys into the compound.

You're giving the Rooster credit for raising the Sun.

Forum List

Back