Good High Paying American Jobs

Discussion in 'Economy' started by sealybobo, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    I'm so sick of the talk about the economic stimulous package.

And neither Dems or Reps seem to get it. I found this today:

There is a growing consensus among lawmakers in both parties that the deepening collapse of the housing market is at the heart of the country’s acute economic downturn.

NYT: Both parties move to aid homeowners - The New York Times- msnbc.com

WRONG! What is at the heart of this crisis? Jobs! People are losing their jobs. If they are lucky, they are finding jobs that don't pay as well as their last job.

Or people who have jobs are afraid they are going to lose them so NO ONE is spending.

So, the politicians and corporations can either bring back the good paying manufacturing jobs they sent overseas or they can move to those other countries and sell their shit to them. Because we certainly can't afford it.

So we can give $700 billion to the bankers. That won't do a damn thing.

We can even give $ to everyone who got a bad sub prime loan. That won't do anything either. Because if/when those people lose their jobs, they still won't be able to pay.

And fuck green jobs. Those will be great in 5 years, but what we need are for manufacuturing to come back from other countries.

I know Ford and/or their suppliers have plants in Venesuela, European countries and Mexico. They need to manufacture at least 70% of the vehicle in the US. If they don't, either they get taxed or they don't get tax breaks.

I don't think we understand how many American jobs have been sent overseas. It is insane! No wonder unemployment is so high and wages are down. Maybe we should all apply for Haloburton/Blackwater.

And Walmart jobs won't help. We need good paying jobs.

PS. Repeal this: The Labor–Management Relations Act of 47, informally the Taft–Hartley Act, is a United States federal law greatly restricting the activities and power of labor unions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. SwingVoter

SwingVoter VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Bobo, I'm more than happy to listen to your nonsensical diatribe, because I'm pretty sure when you're pushing that shopping cart down the street you don't get much of an audience.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. alan1

alan1 USMB Mod Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,769
    Every congressman in the US House and Senate wants their kids to grow up and get a "good manufacturing job", don't they?

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    As important as jobs are to our recovery, I'm disappointed that I only got two jackasses to reply with nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Yesterday we were laughing at swing voters. I know this swing voter guy who runs a landscaping company. He almost went out of business because the oil companies were gouging us.

So when I heard he was considering voting for John McCain. :cuckoo:

Well, needless to say, I about shit my pants.

PS. You do realize that back in the day of our founding fathers, the conservatives fought to keep you from voting. You are a surf, peasant, rabble.

But ever since liberals won you the right to vote, the people who faught so hard to keep you from voting now fight hard to fool you into voting with them. But it isn't hard, because you are dumb. :lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    I wouldn't mind if my low paying job came back from India, hey at least it's a job, and I had travel benefits besides, I was really looking forward to retiring from United and traveling.

No I can't find a job I can do anywhere. My back is all messed up and there aren't any call center jobs left around here. No one wants a "secretary", they want and "administrative assistant" and they don't seem to realize it's the same d*mn thing.

Maybe I'll go down to social secuirty and apply for disability. Is it a disability when all the jobs you can do have left the country?

7. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Actually, they only wanted land owners to vote. Didn't matter how much or how little land you owned. I kind of agree with them. Those who own the land, they're staying, it's not so easy for them to pack up and go so they aren't going to put in stupid laws that will affect them so badly.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Good rant, Sealy.

You intuit what I have been complaining about.

The root source of the problem this nation is facing is deeper than the FED (although they screwed up) the banks (although their greed screwed them) the idiots who overbought (although I agree they scewed up), too.

The root source of the problem stems fromt he fact that for the last fourty years or so we have systematically been making it more difficult for Americans to make a living wage.

We worked longer hours than the WWII generation did, we got more edcuation than they did, we put our women to work to help us keep our families afloat, and in the last stages of this systemic disease of our economic woes, many of us borrowed too much because we were foolishly optomistic and thought that eventually our lifes and fortunes would turn around back to the time when working for a living meant that you actually would also make enough to pay back our debts.

WEll the sheep have no wool, and STILL this idiots think they can jump start their idiotic system again so that they can go back to fleecing the sheeple.

It's OVER BOYS...either change the system or let the whole god damned thing collapse as our LIBERTARIAN chums are demanding.

You will not put this humptey-dumptey (fuck the working class) economic system back together again.

It didn't work, and it won't work if you piss away ten trillion dollars on a dubious bailout, either, unless you fix the arterial beeding that is FREE TRADE,

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Remember in the 90's when jobs were really plentyful? Companies hated that because it drove wages up.

Even last year Bill Gates was lobbying Congress for more F1 Worker Visa's. He said there weren't enough American IT professionals to fill all the jobs. BULLSHIT! He just wanted the cheap labor.

And when Reagan got into office, we had 2 million illegals here dilluting the workforce. Today, over 12 million. And they are doing more than just "jobs Americans won't do".

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Well my brother works for a tier one auto supplier and he says the cost of doing business in Brazil, China, Europe or Venesuela is constantly going up. They have unions too. Their employees have demands too.

And with gas at $4 a gallon, it didn't make sense to make something overseas when you ultimately had to ship it home. Too expensive.

So maybe one day jobs will come back? :eusa_pray:

PS. I can't find the quote from Greenspan, but one of his jobs was to keep unemployment at a certain level. That kept wages down.