Good and Evil

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Is there such a thing?

Are good and evil defined as actions or can people themselves be good or evil?

In entirety or just for a moment in time?

Is there such a thing?

I personally believe that both.

There are good people that are monitored sometimes by bad sentiments and do bad things.

And there are psychopaths that are simply evil by nature.

Is there such a thing?

I think both. A good person can make a mistake, in a moment of passion perhaps, and do something evil. It's the "thing" they did that was evil, not necessarily the person. That good person will feel remorse for what he did, and most likely will never do it again.

But look at people like Charles Manson....he was, and still is, pure evil. If Satan is living inside of anyone, it's him! Someone that shows no remorse of the horrible things they've done to others, has no "good" in him. But a good person, can sometimes do evil things because of a situation.

Is there such a thing?

These two words have no truthful definition because each man has a different idea of what these two words mean.

This is why God used them to describe His world delusion called the "old covenant", the veil that blinds all His people until after their flesh dies. Only us saints had our fleshly desires removed to obtain the knowledge of God to know what's going on and learn how God created everything. We also know the past, present and future things that God planned for us.

Matthew 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Is there such a thing?

These two words have no truthful definition because each man has a different idea of what these two words mean.

This is why God used them to describe His world delusion called the "old covenant", the veil that blinds all His people until after their flesh dies. Only us saints had our fleshly desires removed to obtain the knowledge of God to know what's going on and learn how God created everything. We also know the past, present and future things that God planned for us.

So Mr. Know it all.....when's God coming back to take us from this miserable place?
There is NOTHING in the Bible that says any humans will know the time this will happen.
Sounds like you have a direct line to Him..... :cuckoo:

Is there such a thing?

One of the big issues is whether you judge actions by their intent or by their consequences. Suppose a kind person gives a homeless person his lunch, which contains a peanut bar. The homeless person dies as a result of a peanut allergy. The consequences are bad, but does this make the act evil? And does the fact that the intentions were good mitigate the damage done?

Is there such a thing?

One of the big issues is whether you judge actions by their intent or by their consequences. Suppose a kind person gives a homeless person his lunch, which contains a peanut bar. The homeless person dies as a result of a peanut allergy. The consequences are bad, but does this make the act evil? And does the fact that the intentions were good mitigate the damage done?

I firmly believe intentions are what make an act evil ... many times good intentions end up bad, but that doesn't make them evil :)

Is there such a thing?

I think both. A good person can make a mistake, in a moment of passion perhaps, and do something evil. It's the "thing" they did that was evil, not necessarily the person. That good person will feel remorse for what he did, and most likely will never do it again.

But look at people like Charles Manson....he was, and still is, pure evil. If Satan is living inside of anyone, it's him! Someone that shows no remorse of the horrible things they've done to others, has no "good" in him. But a good person, can sometimes do evil things because of a situation.

I agree - there are some (very few) people who seem as if they must be truly evil. I had forgotten about Manson but I was thinking about the people under Hitler's regime who cold bloodedly performed horrible experiments on children. That would be evil. Different then Manson, but evil.

Is there such a thing?

"Good and evil" is God's plan of delusion to deceive His people into believing that there is evil. It's like a "boogie man" in the woods that no one can see but makes us believe it exists.

The boogie man will be destroyed soon as this age ends and then, no more boogie man will ever exist again in our next experiences that God created for us.

Is there such a thing?

I would say that yes, some people are evil personified. I'm sure the sociologists and psychologists will diagnose them with some form of mental illness, but their actions are evil, they cannot be cured of that evil, so what is one to do?

Back in the old days they were simply killed, now they are able to stick around and do ever more damage.

And of course, some people will do evil because of need, passion, or jealousy. They are not inherently evil people but they do evil things when it either suits them or because of need.

If there wasn't any evil, religion would be out of business.

Tell that to the atheist totalitarians who have murdered millions.....far more than the religious fanatics ever have.

Tell that to the atheist totalitarians who have murdered millions.....far more than the religious fanatics ever have.

The Roman Vatican, the governing body of the Roman Catholic Church, had millions of natives killed in their countries in the name of the Christian god, Jesus.

No Christian has ever obeyed the commandments of God.

eversing Atheists' Critiques of Religious Violence:

A common criticism which atheists raise against religion is how violent religion and religious believers have been in the past. People have slaughtered each other in large numbers either because of differences in religious beliefs or because of other differences which are further justified and intensified through religious rhetoric. Either way, religion has a lot of blood on its hands. Can the same be said for atheists and atheism? Haven't atheists killed more people in the name of atheism than religious theists have killed in the name of their religion? No, because atheism isn't a philosophy or ideology.
How Many Have Been Killed by Communists in the Name of Atheism & Secularism?:

None, probably. How can that be? After all, millions and millions of people died in Russia and China under communist governments — and those governments were both secular and atheistic. So weren't all of those people killed because of atheism — even in the name of atheism and secularism? No, that conclusion does not follow. Atheism itself isn't a principle, cause, philosophy, or belief system which people fight, die, or kill for. Being killed by an atheist is no more being killed in the name of atheism than being killed by a tall person is being killed in the name of tallness. Communists Don't Kill in the Name of Atheism...
Hitler Was an Atheist Who Killed Millions in the Name of Atheism, Secularism:

A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God. Hitler frequently referenced God and Christianity both in public and private. The Nazi Party Program explicitly endorsed and promoted Christianity in the party platform. Millions of Christians in Germany not only enthusiastically supported and endorsed Hitler and the Nazis, but did so on the basis of common Christian beliefs and attitudes. Hitler Was Not an Atheist...
More People Have Been Killed in the Name of Atheism & Secularism than Religion?

Forum List

Back