Golden calf proves OWS did not read Bible

Yes, wanting the law to be obeyed is "worshipping" it. It's idolatrous not to just wave your hand airily at the Constitution and say, "Oh, that old thing. Not very relevant, and kinda in the way of what we want to do." :cuckoo:
In the words of Thomas Jefferson:
I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.
Quotations on the Jefferson Memorial « Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution of the United States over 200 years old, the oldest working constitution in the world. It is not strictly followed today, but you know what? It's not a tragedy. We're doing quite well in our modern society. If we tried to follow the words of those who lived in the eighteenth century to the point, we would fall behind in the modern world.

Ask the 1 in 6 who are living in poverrty or the 50.000.000 who have no health insurance how great they think the constitution is. I'll bet you they have other things onj their minds...like their family.

At least you admit you want to throw out the Constitution because your agenda does not gibe with it.

Well. I take that scripture to mean that Material possessions mean little to God. That Money is an object of the world, not God. That's why he asked "who's image is on the coin?" Therefore the coin belonged to Caesar. Hence, Pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"Pay unto God that which is God's" has little to do with material wealth. God has no need for wealth.

You take a lot of things wrong, so it is no surprise you get this wrong too. I explained what it meant, and, if you actually study the Bible, you will find that my explanation is the one that is accepted by most scholars.

OK Scholar man... if you say so. Sorry man... I think the Conservative Agenda is an affront to Jesus. You think Jesus is draped in an American Flag and carries an M-16. Guess we'll find out when it's all over. BTW... I'll be the guy holding the Glass of Ice water for you.

So what is the point? That people who love money should stop loving their money and give it to people who don't love money? But then, what would someone who doesn't love money do with all that money? Give it to the people who used to love money but stopped and gave it all away?

There is ZERO point ZERO a Communist (an avowed one I might add) can teach ME of the Constitution and Liberty.:eusa_hand:

Please. Thomas Jefferson was a flaming liberal, even a radical, but hardly a Communist. There were no Communists in those days.

How do you explain that little matter of his owning his little 'coluhd' mistress?

So what is the point? That people who love money should stop loving their money and give it to people who don't love money? But then, what would someone who doesn't love money do with all that money? Give it to the people who used to love money but stopped and gave it all away?

What a philosophy...Yeah... that's what liberal Christians are saying... exactly:cuckoo:

Did you ever stop to think... Just one freakin' minute... that NO ONE wants the rich to be poor?

Did you EVER stop to think that maybe the rich have too much and the working poor and Middle Class need a little more to make their lives a little easier?

Did you ever think that these things can EASILY happen without having much affect on the wealthy at all?

I'll never get Conservatism... and I will never, ever think that Conservative Christians are really Christians at all... they are idolators of money.

What a philosophy...Yeah... that's what liberal Christians are saying... exactly:cuckoo:

Did you ever stop to think... Just one freakin' minute... that NO ONE wants the rich to be poor?

Did you EVER stop to think that maybe the rich have too much and the working poor and Middle Class need a little more to make their lives a little easier?

Did you ever think that these things can EASILY happen without having much affect on the wealthy at all?

I'll never get Conservatism... and I will never, ever think that Conservative Christians are really Christians at all... they are idolators of money.

That's basically what I see. idolatry of money.

I think if Jesus came back, they'd choose a stack of Benjamins over him.

Last edited:
well... other than it was the old testament story of Moses that the Golden Calf involves...Love of money is still idolatry.
PfffffffffffffffffffffTHT

Attachments

• $gold.jpg
    $gold.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 39
Well. I take that scripture to mean that Material possessions mean little to God. That Money is an object of the world, not God. That's why he asked "who's image is on the coin?" Therefore the coin belonged to Caesar. Hence, Pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

"Pay unto God that which is God's" has little to do with material wealth. God has no need for wealth.

You take a lot of things wrong, so it is no surprise you get this wrong too. I explained what it meant, and, if you actually study the Bible, you will find that my explanation is the one that is accepted by most scholars.

OK Scholar man... if you say so. Sorry man... I think the Conservative Agenda is an affront to Jesus. You think Jesus is draped in an American Flag and carries an M-16. Guess we'll find out when it's all over. BTW... I'll be the guy holding the Glass of Ice water for you.

You are judging again, and wrong. I believe that Jesus specifically said that his agenda has nothing to do with this world, and that he worked very hard to keep himself separated from politics. You are the one that is trying to wrap Jesus in your agenda, I am simply pointing out why you are wrong to do so.

You are judging again, and wrong. I believe that Jesus specifically said that his agenda has nothing to do with this world, and that he worked very hard to keep himself separated from politics. You are the one that is trying to wrap Jesus in your agenda, I am simply pointing out why you are wrong to do so.

Well then you never read a single thing that Jesus said, because the politics of rich and poor, Jesus ALWAYS sided with the poor. Always, unwavering. Whenever it was poor vs rich, Jesus sided with the poor.

Seriously. Read your bible... it's unquestionable.

The bible was obviously written by some very poor people to have Jesus side so much with the poor.

Last edited:

Nope, because I know better, I know there are people who want the rich to be poor.

How do you reconcile your belief that the rich have too much with your statement that no one wants them to be poor? Why do you want to make the less than rich dependent on a system that prevents people from having too much.

Again, no. I actually understand how things work, and I actually know that the rich bear a disproportionate burden when things go bad, like they did in the last recession. Knowing all of that it makes it impossible to wrap my brain around the false premise that nothing affects them.

You will never get it because you prefer to live in a fantasy world where your beliefs trump facts. You even admitted that your beliefs trump God, which makes it pretty hard for anyone to reason with you.

Well then you never read a single thing that Jesus said, because the politics of rich and poor, Jesus ALWAYS sided with the poor. Always, unwavering. Whenever it was poor vs rich, Jesus sided with the poor.

The bible was obviously written by some very poor people to have Jesus side so much with the poor.

He always sided with the poor? Would you like to bet on that, because I can think of at least one instance where people like you berated him for hanging out with rich people and ignoring the poor.

He always sided with the poor? Would you like to bet on that, because I can think of at least one instance where people like you berated him for hanging out with rich people and ignoring the poor.

Well, every passage I read anyway. Let's read the bible and find out! TO THE STUDY!

There is ZERO point ZERO a Communist (an avowed one I might add) can teach ME of the Constitution and Liberty.:eusa_hand:

Please. Thomas Jefferson was a flaming liberal, even a radical, but hardly a Communist. There were no Communists in those days.

How do you explain that little matter of his owning his little 'coluhd' mistress?

how does that have anything to do with communism?

Okay, if we must deal with the bible as it (really doesn't) pertain to US secular government policy:

Did or did not the disciples lay down their worldly possessions to follow Christ?

Did they? I do not think so, they simply asked if he thought Jesus would approve of the use of force to make people help poor people.

No, it was a question designed to trap him. If you've read any part of the book at all beyond cliff notes, you know damned good and well that there was nothing "simply" about that question. You're full of shit about something here. Its either that you don't know as much as you said, or it's that you don't want to admit what you do know. Your choice.

Yep... one instance that I recall is when he was staying at Bethany and he was getting anointed with expensive oils and perfumes(or something close to that), One of the Apostles said... "shouldn't we sell this stuff and give the money to the poor"... Jesus replied that there will always be poor among you, but you will not always have me.

In Jesus' case... you know... being the Son of God and all? I can see his point. But I think it's kind of arrogant of you to use that one example and claim it as the passage that makes up your core philosophy.

Almost everywhere else in the Bible, it was the exact opposite.

Nope, because I know better, I know there are people who want the rich to be poor.

How do you reconcile your belief that the rich have too much with your statement that no one wants them to be poor? Why do you want to make the less than rich dependent on a system that prevents people from having too much.

Again, no. I actually understand how things work, and I actually know that the rich bear a disproportionate burden when things go bad, like they did in the last recession. Knowing all of that it makes it impossible to wrap my brain around the false premise that nothing affects them.

You will never get it because you prefer to live in a fantasy world where your beliefs trump facts. You even admitted that your beliefs trump God, which makes it pretty hard for anyone to reason with you.

The rich bear a disproportionate burden when things go bad?? Right. They privatize their profits saying "they earned it" and they Socialize their losses through begging the government for money.

Edit: i live in a fantasy world? Nahh... I am a seeker of truth. You rationalize the bible to fit your agenda.

Idolitry often has another name in the modern world.

It is called materialism.

We've all see people who are idolitors. Some of them, the particular stupid ones, wear tee-shirts announcing their idol.

Remember this slogan?

"He who dies with the most toys wins"

For the benefit of those of you whose theological grasp is limited to the literal?​

THAT is an example of a modern idolitor.​

Idolitors are those who reject the spiritual, in favor of the material.

That's what the Old Testment was talking about when it spoke of the GOLDEN CALF being worshipped by the JEWS when Moses came down off the mountain.​

They were worshipping something material (an idol this earth, a golden calf) versus the immaterial god of the heavens.

Seriously, this place claims to be loaded with Christians?

I rather doubt that.

Based on the posts of many here who claim to be Christians, but then whose sentiments tend entirely toward the material?

I'd say most of the people here claiming to be followers of the christian faith are in fact, nothing but idolitors.

Last edited:

Yea, actually I would like to bet on that. Let's see how much you know your little book, fool.

Well, every passage I read anyway. Let's read the bible and find out! TO THE STUDY!

When Mary Magdalene, I believe it was, got chastized by Judas for wasting expensive perfume to anoint Jesus' feet because the money could have been given to the poor, Jesus said, 'The poor will be with us always, but you will not always have me.' Also his little band was not poor. They had a treasury which they called 'the purse.' Judas Iscariot carried the purse. I'm thinking I read that he frequently stole from it and there was enough in the 'purse' that no one missed it. Yes, John 12:6 says Judas made that assertion because he was stealing from the purse not because he cared about the poor.

Jesus himself was NOT poor. He was not born in a stable because his family was poor. He was born in a stable because the inn was full. Has no one actually read the story of the Nativity? Sheesh! His family could afford a hotel and owed taxes. So they weren't flat broke. His father was a tradesman and his trade paid good money. It is clear in Jesus' teachings that He was educated, probably in the Egyptian mystery schools. It is clear He could read when He was found teaching from the scrolls in the Temple at age of about 12. He also references His ability to read when He said, 'it is written that man does not live by bread alone.' We also know He could write because he wrote in the sand when he stopped the good ole boys from stoning the woman. His family was well off enough to send Him to school and well off enough that He had enough credibility to gain followers. If He had been some poor guttersnipe no one would have paid Him any mind whatsoever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back