Golden calf proves OWS did not read Bible

The thing is... Idolators are people who WORSHIP idols. The object holds no significance unless it's WORSHIPED.... if the object isn't WORSHIPED, it's just an inanimate object.

That was for windbag.

Look... I can't help you don't have a grasp on the Bible or the English language.

Ironic that when polled, atheists and agnosts knew more about the bible then the most believing Christians.

How is it ironic that atheists and agnostics claim to have more knowledge of the Bible? We've long since established that they're arrogant little bitches.

The thing is... Idolators are people who WORSHIP idols. The object holds no significance unless it's WORSHIPED.... if the object isn't WORSHIPED, it's just an inanimate object.

That was for windbag.

Still funny, considering I would say the same applies to all holy objects and ideas.

That was for windbag.

Still funny, considering I would say the same applies to all holy objects and ideas.

Well... I wouldn't. I firmly believe that there is an afterlife. Because I was raised a Christian, I follow Christian Doctrine. However, I am also of the belief that other religions are just as valid as Christianity. I think Man excludes, God includes.

Look... I can't help you don't have a grasp on the Bible or the English language.

Ironic that when polled, atheists and agnosts knew more about the bible then the most believing Christians.

How is it ironic that atheists and agnostics claim to have more knowledge of the Bible? We've long since established that they're arrogant little bitches.
I subscribe to this thought...they don't...and that is the point.

I have a pretty good grasp on both, which is why I specifically challenged you to quote anything Jesus said about playing with semantics. My guess is that, even if you figure out which verse I think you are talking about, you won't be able to use it to justify your position.

When actually tested, that is a complete lie, which is what I expect from you. I was hoping Steelpoint would be different, but it appears I am going to be disappointed.

I have a pretty good grasp on both, which is why I specifically challenged you to quote anything Jesus said about playing with semantics. My guess is that, even if you figure out which verse I think you are talking about, you won't be able to use it to justify your position.

You are the one playing with the word of God.

Bible Study - What Is Idolatry?

here you go... learn something.

Not sure why this matters...?

Last I checked the Bible was neither the basis for our system of laws and is not our Constitution.
Not familiar with the basis of the Constitution...are you?

Read the DOI...Gives cause for the Constitution...and it was codified...based upon Liberty given to every Human as endowed by thier creator.

Whomever they decide that creator is in their life. Our Constitution was not predicated on one or another BOOK.
Bible
Biblio
a BOOK
written by those who controlled knowledge
the victors write the history in most cases, and whatever history is written is done so in the perspective and (especially back in "the day") to serve the interests of those who wrote it or those it was written FOR.

Last edited:

That was for windbag.

Idolators are people who make objects, or concepts, into idols and hold their idols up as objects worthy of worship. Occupy believes that they have a moral imperative, and they hold their beliefs up as worthy of worship when they argue that Jesus would support social justice, The guy in the video even tried to argue that Jesus would support rich people being forced to pay their "fair share" so that poor people would have more money. I find their theology highly questionable, impossible to support given any reasonable reading of the Bible, and to be promoting a false belief that we can fix problems through government rather than through obedience. That makes them idolators, and it makes you one if you believe the same thing.

That was for windbag.

Well... I wouldn't. I firmly believe that there is an afterlife. Because I was raised a Christian, I follow Christian Doctrine. However, I am also of the belief that other religions are just as valid as Christianity. I think Man excludes, God includes.

Can you support that using the Bible? If you believe in an afterlife, how do you reconcile that belief with the Buddhist belief in Nirvana? The atheist belief that nothing happens after death? God might include, but he cannot include people who deny him, they exclude themselves.

That was for windbag.

Idolators are people who make objects, or concepts, into idols and hold their idols up as objects worthy of worship. Occupy believes that they have a moral imperative, and they hold their beliefs up as worthy of worship when they argue that Jesus would support social justice, The guy in the video even tried to argue that Jesus would support rich people being forced to pay their "fair share" so that poor people would have more money. I find their theology highly questionable, impossible to support given any reasonable reading of the Bible, and to be promoting a false belief that we can fix problems through government rather than through obedience. That makes them idolators, and it makes you one if you believe the same thing.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said that taking care of the poor cannot or should not be done through government means. Show me where "charity" is only godly if it's done through private donations. Show me that God would not look kindly upon a NATION who reveres even the least of their citizens.

MONEY is an Idol to the rich and apparently to conservatives...who seem to worship the rich.

Not sure why this matters...?

Last I checked the Bible was neither the basis for our system of laws and is not our Constitution.
Not familiar with the basis of the Constitution...are you?

Read the DOI...Gives cause for the Constitution...and it was codified...based upon Liberty given to every Human as endowed by thier creator.

Whomever they decide that creator is in their life. Our Constitution was not predicated on one or another BOOK.
Bible
Biblio
a BOOK
written by those who controlled knowledge
the victors write the history in most cases, and whatever history is written is done so in the perspective and (especially back in "the day") to serve the interests of those who wrote it or those it was written FOR.
It would appear that YOU need a bit of study...and why the First amendment is of such Import.

And I reject the 'back in the day' argument...it is as pertinant NOW as it was then...It remains constant as it has through history.

Do you, or do you not, have a citation for your claim that Jesus said something about people playing games with semantics? That is a simple question, yet you keep talking about other things. Can I take your failure to answer that simple question as evidence you have no idea what you are talking about?

Can you support that using the Bible? If you believe in an afterlife, how do you reconcile that belief with the Buddhist belief in Nirvana? The atheist belief that nothing happens after death? God might include, but he cannot include people who deny him, they exclude themselves.

Personal belief. I cannot fathom that God would send a devout Buddhist to hell because he calls Heaven "Nirvana". I cannot believe that God would send a devout Muslim to Hell because he calls God "Allah". If you believe, as I do... that God is the all powerful entity in the Universe, then I don't really think that he cares all that much WHAT we call him.

Different Cultures have different ways of expressing their religious beliefs. Like I said... I think of them as branches of a tree that all leads to the body of the tree...which is God.

Do you, or do you not, have a citation for your claim that Jesus said something about people playing games with semantics? That is a simple question, yet you keep talking about other things. Can I take your failure to answer that simple question as evidence you have no idea what you are talking about?

No... tell me what it is sunshine.

That was for windbag.

Show me in the bible where Jesus said that taking care of the poor cannot or should not be done through government means. Show me where "charity" is only godly if it's done through private donations. Show me that God would not look kindly upon a NATION who reveres even the least of their citizens.

MONEY is an Idol to the rich and apparently to conservatives...who seem to worship the rich.

Why should I prove something I never said?

Your belief that rich people worship money does not make it true. In fact, your insistence that they do indicates to me that you are judging people based on nothing more than the fact that they are rich, which proves to me that you are the one not following Jesus.

Forum List

Back